You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Caravans -> Towing Chat
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
seat alhambra 1.9 tdi
AuthorMessage
userjo-annet123
Posted: 6 January 2007 11:06 AM
Subject: seat alhambra 1.9 tdi

Just joined

do you have one?.
what are they like for towing?

etc etc

thanks

jo
usercarolh
Posted: 4 February 2007 6:09 PM
Subject: RE: seat alhambra 1.9 tdi

Pillar of the forums

we never owned one - but 3 years ago the cylinder head gasket went on our disco as we were towing a caravan on our way to france - we were just 20 miles short of Dover at 2am in the morning.
Anyhow, the insurance paid for a hire car and we ended up with an Alhambra - ours was the petrol version and we had a largeish caravan - sterling jewel with the end bedroom. about 1350kg I think
It coped - ok down hill with a following wind, but nothing to spare.
I am sure it would be a fine tow car as long as your caravan is not too big/heavy - we were probably just in the 85percent, but I must admit we didn't check
Carol
userMike Chapman
Posted: 6 February 2007 4:32 PM
Subject: RE: seat alhambra 1.9 tdi

A posting machine

Hello Jo,

My son had a Seat Alhambra TDI 115 bhp and it towed our 1999 Swift Challenger 480 SE with no trouble at all. Personally as a VW buff I consider the 115 bhp version of the VW/Seat TDI engine as the best for low down torque and ideal for towing, better than the 130 bhp TDI that I had.

Any of the like vehicles, Seat Alhambra/VW Sharan/Ford Galaxy, with the diesel engines should be more than capable of making a good tow car and you have the added advantage of all that room as a bonus.

Regards,

Mike.

Edited by Mike Chapman 2007-02-06 4:34 PM
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator