tow bars

Green Parrot

HI Guys, can anybody out there help? I am going to buy my first caravan and need a tow bar fitted ,

I have a ford mondeo estate 2012 registration , im in Essex, my first quote came back at

£350,plus I think this is a little expensive ,

Do you Know were I can get one fitted cheaper or even better a mobile service

thanks

the tow bar I want is the removable ,

I have sensitive shins he he

• 1 year later...

Hey,

I think I might be a little late answering this but hopefully you managed to get one sorted.

I recently brought a Ford Mondeo a couple of months back and have began towing with it permanently now as its great.

Like you I needed someone to fit a towbar to it and I managed to find a local fitter who was mobile by using http://towbarfitting.net

Great little site if you need to find a local fitter, I dont think the price is too bad depending on what brand you managed to get, think of your towbar as more of an investment! ;-)

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi,

You are driving a 2nd hand car. If a tow-bar was already fitted, that would be 2nd hand too.

Me? I do an Ebay search for MONDEO TOW BAR, then do a Google search for TOW BAR FITTING, or TRAILERS, or whatever, adding MY TOWN to the key words.

The profit from just fitting a tow-bar is less than supply and fit, but hey, it's better than no profit at all.

Question ... do modern cars come with holes drilled ready to fit a tow-bar? Do they come with somewhere to plug the tow-bar electrics in?

Archived