You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  Caravans -> Towing Chat
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
what is a draw bar
AuthorMessage
userc.a.v21
Posted: 7 September 2008 6:18 PM
Subject: what is a draw bar

Just joined

hi i have just got a bailey pageant s6 bretagne the dealer said my car ford galaxy is safe to tow it but on the way home we noticed on the towsafe paper work at the bottom that is illegal to tow a caravan over 7m excluding the draw bar. can someone please tell me what this is as the caravan i have is 7.340m
usercolin
Posted: 7 September 2008 10:38 PM
Subject: RE: what is a draw bar

Legendary contributor

The drawbar is the bit sticking out the front of caravan body, so it is the size of body that you need to measure.
userIckabod
Posted: 18 September 2008 8:47 PM

Hi, another term for it is the "A frame", thats the part that the Hitch is connected to. Good luck and may you have many years of happy caravanning.
userCliveH
Posted: 22 September 2008 5:23 PM

Lord of the posts

Hi cav21

Can i suggest you join either the Caravan Club or the Camping & Caravan Club. They both run excellent towing classes that will make using your c'van so much more enjoyable - certainly the first few times!

Nothing worse than havng a tiring journey then having to deal with bits of kit you are not sure off. These courses and the info from the clubs helps a lot.

And do ask other caravanners if you are not sure - we are a friendly lot.

Have a good time.
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator