Children and caravanning

Administrator

Children and caravanning  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Absolutely!

we took our grandson away when we returned to caravaning and he was three years old. We got him a pup tent which we put up in the awning. He had an airbed, small table, dvd (portable) and a good sleeping bag. The first night we left the van door open in case he wanted to come in. No - he slept through. Second night half the door was left open. Same again. Third night, after freezing with the door open the previous two nights the door was closed. In the early hours came a knock as he wanted the toilet. When asked if he was coming into bed with us to keep warm he replied "No, I'm warm enough and going back to my tent". And there he remained each time we went away. We have a bigger van now and he has to slum it inside!!

But he loves the life and moans like kids do when he can't come.

Take your Grand/children - it makes caravanning more enjoyable.

• 4 weeks later...

We currently have our caravan on a seasonal pitch that is adults only. But will tour and move to the part of the site where children are allowed when we have grandchildren.

I loved caravanning and camping as a kid and would want my grandchildren to have the same enjoyment

Archived