Main summer holiday

Administrator

Main summer holiday  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yup - France! Going to have a meander down to southern France to see friends who will be working on a campsite over the summer, probably pop into Spain/Barcelona, then a nice mander back up. Got 4 weeks to do it in so should be lovely ... weather permitting!

1st stop Peterborough Show until Monday morning then run down to South Wales to meet up with our daughter from IOM , home again Tuesday night, Wed / Thur get ready for Eurotunnel Friday for the 1st of 5 trips to France / Europe this summer .1st location hopefully will be Port Grimaud to get some much needed sunshine and enjoy the Euro Harley Davidson Festival as we did last year.

kelly58 - 2010-04-10 8:50 AM

1st stop Peterborough Show until Monday morning then run down to South Wales to meet up with our daughter from IOM , home again Tuesday night, Wed / Thur get ready for Eurotunnel Friday for the 1st of 5 trips to France / Europe this summer .1st location hopefully will be Port Grimaud to get some much needed sunshine and enjoy the Euro Harley Davidson Festival as we did last year.

Is that still held at Camping Prairies de la Mer?

David

10 days to Dordogne for a bit of sunshine in June, then 3 weeks to Rome and Italy in general at the end of August - can't wait to go, especially as the new MH is due this month and I'm feeling "stir crazy" after my fall last month..... B-)

Not booked the ferry yet! not sure what date in May, but as I live ten mins from ferry terminal not really a problem. We will be going to Cherboug, then after visiting friends in Normandy and Brittany, and further south, will make our way to Spain , and slowly to Portugal, back via northern Spain, France and home in July, when it gets busy.

PJay

We are touring the Peak District, York and surrounding areas,The Dales, and Lake District spending about 3 days at each location over a fortnight. This is a deviation from the norm of going to Europe as we found it very expensive last year, particularly Italy due to the weak pound against the Euro.

We are travelling from Northern Ireland to spend a few days in the Lake District ( Troutbeck Caravan Club site )before heading to Chatsworth Park for 7 nights, WE are then going to Longleat Caravan Club site for another 5 nights before heading back to Trotbeck site as my wife & I wish to go to the Keswick convention for the weekend before returning home

kelly58 - 2010-04-12 4:41 PM
malc d - 2010-04-12 10:11 AM Looks like this caravan section has been invaded by some motorhomers ? ;-)

Is there a problem ??

Nope. No problem that I know of.It's just unusual to get motorhomers answering a question in the 'caravan' section of the forum. ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
We are going to the Isle of Wight again this year found lovely site at Freshwater only 5 minutes drive from ferry port at Yarmouth its Heathfield Farm camping and caravaning we stayed there last year and have booked to go again this June for 10days

Archived