£400 billion and rising

John52

As BoJo's cronies, Tory Donors and Fraudsters, celebrate the £billions they have made out of the pandemic, Channel 4 Dispatches next Monday is to look at how we are going to pay it back.

The Dispatches I have seen so far have been pretty good.

AFAIK BoJo hasn't planted his cronies in Channel 4 yet like he has the BBC?

Just watched it

The size of BoJo's debt is astronomical and the programme highlighted the huge complications and difficulties of our paying it back.

Getting into Her Majesty's Tax havens and taxing the super wealthy rentiers and 'newspaper' owners supporting BoJo is off the agenda.

So increase taxes on the rest of us and choke off the recovery?

Or borrow more and use it to kickstart the economy?

Or borrow more and spaff it away to BoJo's cronies and fraudsters like what we have borrowed so far -

which will lead to hyperinflation and economic collapse :-S

jumpstart - 2021-02-22 9:02 PM

Don't worry we're going to reduce Foreign Aid budget.

Thats not going to make much difference.

The big money is in Her Majesty's Tax havens - beyond the reach of an EU wide tax treaty now we have left the EU.

Whats left of the productive side of the economy is on its knees due to Brexit and Covid - tax rises could finish it off.

Borrowing even more to kickstart the economy is a massive gamble,

and can you trust BoJo to spend it wisely *-)

How would you get the money to pay off BoJo's debts?

jumpstart - 2021-02-23 7:45 AM

Im sure Ricci will come up with something.

another eat out to help out the virus scam ?

Whilst on this subject what do you think the EU is going to do with the black hole in their budget?

Pay it back from the money they are getting from English industries moving over there

.. and that divorce settlement we weren't going to pay and the Tory media has gone quiet about.

John52 - 2021-02-23 7:54 AM

Im sure Ricci will come up with something.

another eat out to help out the virus scam ?

Whilst on this subject what do you think the EU is going to do with the black hole in their budget?

Pay it back from the money they are getting from English industries moving over there

.. and that divorce settlement we weren't going to pay and the Tory media has gone quiet about.

Dont think you find that will even touch the sides.

Guest pelmetman

Apparently our debt mountain is back to where it was when I was born ;-) .........

Cant say it ever caused me any problems :-S ...........

Plus there's a lot more of us earning a lot more money and paying a lot more tax nowadays :D ........

So the COVID bill just another excuse for our LOSER's to have another Bitchfest *-) .........

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2021-02-23 9:14 AM

jumpstart - 2021-02-23 8:31 AM

Have you seen the size of Italy's debt or Greece?

Its not their debt we are responsible for

Not anymore :D .........

(lol) (lol) (lol) ............

pelmetman - 2021-02-23 8:37 AM

Apparently our debt mountain is back to where it was when I was born ;-) .........

Plus there's a lot more of us earning a lot more money and paying a lot more tax nowadays :D ........

Care to direct me to where these falsehoods are available, actual statistics please.

CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-23 9:27 AM

Care to direct me to where these falsehoods are available, actual statistics please.

Come on Pelmet.....

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-23 11:42 AM

Come on Pelmet.....

Here you go ;-) .........It's in the Daily Bumwipe so it must be true :D ........

https://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2020/nov/20/uk-national-debt-october-borrowing-covid-19-retail-sales-ftse-business-live

BTW I was born in 58.........So as I said our debt is the same now as it was when I was born >:-) ........

A decent honest bloke would apologise when he's falsely accused someone of spreading falsehoods *-) ........

So I wont expect any apologies *-) .............

pelmetman - 2021-02-23 11:53 AM

Come on Pelmet.....

Here you go ;-) .........It's in the Daily Bumwipe so it must be true :D ........

https://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2020/nov/20/uk-national-debt-october-borrowing-covid-19-retail-sales-ftse-business-live

BTW I was born in 58.........So as I said our debt is the same now as it was when I was born >:-) ........

A decent honest bloke would apologise when he's falsely accused someone of spreading falsehoods *-) ........

From your original post "Plus there's a lot more of us earning a lot more money and paying a lot more tax nowadays ...."

Nothing in the Gruniad about that? So where are those statistics?

If we had a Labour government I assume you would describe the debt as a massive problem - fortunately this time it's a Tory debt, so all is well.

;-)

So,after years of "..we're the 5th largest economy...blah blah...they need us, more than we need them.." etc etc , we are now at the point where we are supposed to be lauding the fact that the UK has a similar level of debt now, as it did over 60+ years ago?!

( back when the country in general was still pretty much on it's knees, and rebuilding after 6 years of war? ,there was still rationing 'tl the mid 50s ffs!)

How on earth is this supposed to be seen as a good thing? 8-)

(..yeah..but look how skint Greece is....) really? *-)

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-23 12:02 PM

pelmetman - 2021-02-23 11:53 AM

Come on Pelmet.....

From your original post "Plus there's a lot more of us earning a lot more money and paying a lot more tax nowadays ...."

Nothing in the Gruniad about that? So where are those statistics?

As expected no apolgogy *-) ......

UK population 1958.......51,754,667.........average wage £9.25 a week......

UK population 2020.......67,000,000.........average wage £586 a week.......

Do der maffs CowPat :D ..........

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2021-02-23 12:05 PM

If we had a Labour government I assume you would describe the debt as a massive problem - fortunately this time it's a Tory debt, so all is well.

;-)

The difference is this debt was caused by a Pandemic ;-) ...........

Labour manages to create massive debts all on their own *-) .........

pelmetman - 2021-02-23 12:15 PM

As expected no apolgogy *-) ......

UK population 1958.......51,754,667.........average wage £9.25 a week......

UK population 2020.......67,000,000.........average wage £586 a week.......

Do der maffs CowPat :D ..........

And the tax take - because that is what you said had increased "and paying a lot more tax nowadays"?

pepe63 - 2021-02-23 12:13 PM

So,after years of "..we're the 5th largest economy...blah blah...they need us, more than we need them.." etc etc , we are now at the point where we are supposed to be lauding the fact that the UK has a similar level of debt now, as it did over 60+ years ago?!

( back when the country in general was still pretty much on it's knees, and rebuilding after 6 years of war? ,there was still rationing 'tl the mid 50s ffs!)

How on earth is this supposed to be seen as a good thing? 8-)

(..yeah..but look how skint Greece is....) really? *-)

Well skewered.....he's squirming now.

Archived