You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  General Chat -> Chatterbox
Jump to page : FirstPrevious 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Format:  Go
2016 referendum was illegal
AuthorMessage
userBulletguy
Posted: 16 March 2019 6:08 PM
Subject: RE: 2016 referendum was illegal

The special one

pelmetman - 2019-03-16 5:39 PM

Brian Kirby - 2019-03-16 4:58 PM

pelmetman - 2019-03-16 4:00 PM
Brian Kirby - 2019-03-16 1:04 PM
pelmetman - 2019-03-16 7:40 AM
Brian Kirby - 2019-03-15 6:21 PM
pelmetman - 2019-03-15 8:34 AM
Fast Pat - 2019-03-14 11:23 AM
The actual Act

So you have a problem with the government carrying out the will of the people? ..........
How very Stalinist ........

No, but some of us find calling the opinion of 37% of the people "the will of the people" deliciously Stalinist! Joe would be really proud of you Comrade!

So if 37% of the people win a "Losers Vote" you wont claim to have won? ...........
Of course you will .............
Because Remoaners are 100% full fat Hypocrites .........

Not much point in asking a question, and then giving the answer, is there/? Especially when you get the answer wrong.
I'm not interested in "winning", and have no desire to gloat and parade my tiny "victory" as a way to annoy those who voted to leave. There are more important things in life.
If Brexit is reversed, it will be the whole United Kingdom (including Brexiters) that "wins", and probably our shattered political system as well.

Oh how very hypocritical of you ........
So you'd claim the moral high ground using the same pathetic excuses with which you have used tp lambaste the Brexiteers victory .......
You really are quite shameless aintcha Brian? .........

Hypocrisy? What "hypocrisy"? Lambaste the Brexiteer's "victory"? How? Where is the "shame" in wanting the whole UK to benefit from an economically sensible decision? What is good about inflicting economic loss on an entire country? In pursuit of what? Imaginary fears?

Cobblers Brian ..........

If that's the case why is the UK doing better than Germany......IN SPITE OF BREXIT ? .......

Yet interestingly you decided not to elaborate further on that wild claim. Easy to see why though your obsessive Germanophobia whilst puzzling, is somewhat amusing.

https://countryeconomy.com/countries/compare/germany/uk

Indices Difference

Consumer Prices in United Kingdom are 3.72% higher than in Germany

Consumer Prices Including Rent in United Kingdom are 5.72% higher than in Germany

Rent Prices in United Kingdom are 11.05% higher than in Germany

Restaurant Prices in United Kingdom are 18.95% higher than in Germany

Groceries Prices in United Kingdom are 3.52% higher than in Germany

Local Purchasing Power in United Kingdom is 12.40% lower than in Germany

https://tinyurl.com/yxcqgj8w
userpelmetman
Posted: 16 March 2019 6:19 PM

Walks with the gods

Bulletguy - 2019-03-16 6:08 PM

The actual Act

So you have a problem with the government carrying out the will of the people? ..........

No, but some of us find calling the opinion of 37% of the people "the will of the people" deliciously Stalinist! Joe would be really proud of you Comrade!

So if 37% of the people win a "Losers Vote" you wont claim to have won? ...........

Not much point in asking a question, and then giving the answer, is there/? Especially when you get the answer wrong.
I'm not interested in "winning", and have no desire to gloat and parade my tiny "victory" as a way to annoy those who voted to leave. There are more important things in life.
If Brexit is reversed, it will be the whole United Kingdom (including Brexiters) that "wins", and probably our shattered political system as well.

So you'd claim the moral high ground using the same pathetic excuses with which you have used tp lambaste the Brexiteers victory .......

Hypocrisy? What "hypocrisy"? Lambaste the Brexiteer's "victory"? How? Where is the "shame" in wanting the whole UK to benefit from an economically sensible decision? What is good about inflicting economic loss on an entire country? In pursuit of what? Imaginary fears?

If that's the case why is the UK doing better than Germany......IN SPITE OF BREXIT ? .......

Yet interestingly you decided not to elaborate further on that wild claim. Easy to see why though your obsessive Germanophobia whilst puzzling, is somewhat amusing.

Indices Difference

Consumer Prices Including Rent in United Kingdom are 5.72% higher than in Germany

.........You have thought about what you've just posted I assume? ........

So basically you are saying we have more income than Germany........

Why else would we be able afford expensive rents and restaurants etc etc etc? .......

In spite of Brexit .......

Edited by pelmetman 2019-03-16 6:20 PM
userBrian Kirby
Posted: 16 March 2019 6:27 PM

The actual Act

So no reply: just another badly informed question.

When we you last in Germany? About the same time you were in Ukraine, or earlier? You should go and have a proper look around. The standard of living enjoyed by the average German is visibly superior to that of the average Brit.

What you are doing is looking at the present directions of travel of the two economies. The German economy is slowing, but from a high base, while the UK economy is plateauing, but at a lower base.

Just in the interests of accuracy, I should probably point out that the UK is still in the EU, and the recent faltering of its economy relates to our decision to leave the EU - as perceived by the rest of the world. Oh yes, and that Brexit was only voted for by 37% of the UK electorate. No moral high ground there!
userpelmetman
Posted: 16 March 2019 6:34 PM

Walks with the gods

Brian Kirby - 2019-03-16 6:27 PM

The actual Act

When we you last in Germany? About the same time you were in Ukraine, or earlier? You should go and have a proper look around. The standard of living enjoyed by the average German is visibly superior to that of the average Brit.

What you are doing is looking at the present directions of travel of the two economies. The German economy is slowing, but from a high base, while the UK economy is plateauing, but at a lower base.

Just in the interests of accuracy, I should probably point out that the UK is still in the EU, and the recent faltering of its economy relates to our decision to leave the EU - as perceived by the rest of the world. Oh yes, and that Brexit was only voted for by 37% of the UK electorate. No moral high ground there!

So your point is?.......Germany has spent our money wisely? .........

Oh and the EU is faltering because of Brexit .........

I thought you told us they didn't need us .....

BTW I'll remember that 37% should you win a "LOSERS VOTE" by 37% or less ......

userBulletguy
Posted: 16 March 2019 6:40 PM

The special one

pelmetman - 2019-03-16 6:19 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-03-16 6:08 PM

The actual Act

Indices Difference

.........You have thought about what you've just posted I assume? ........

So basically you are saying we have more income than Germany........

Why else would we be able afford expensive rents and restaurants etc etc etc? .......

In spite of Brexit .......

10 minutes is nowhere near enough to read and digest those links. I suggest you try it.
userpelmetman
Posted: 16 March 2019 6:44 PM

Walks with the gods

I thought I'd savor this little nugget ........

So what your saying is..... we wont suffer from Boom & Bust in the forth coming global recession ......

I actually think the UK economy will get a post Brexit boost from all those MILLIONS of businesses who have sat on their cash .........

Unless Corbyn gets in .........

Then they'd bugger off to Spain like me if they have any sense ........

userBrian Kirby
Posted: 16 March 2019 6:59 PM

pelmetman - 2019-03-16 6:34 PM
The actual Act

So your point is?.......Germany has spent our money wisely? .........
Oh and the EU is faltering because of Brexit .........
I thought you told us they didn't need us .....
BTW I'll remember that 37% should you win a "LOSERS VOTE" by 37% or less ......

You endlessly ignore replies to your ill-informed posts, and refuse to answer any questions asked in them (which itself speaks volumes).

Have you taken account of the teensy weensy little fact that just like the UK, Germany is a net contributor to the EU (actually the largest net contributor) so on balance it is more probable that we are spending German money, than that they are spending ours?

You may also wish to take into account that the level of contributions to the EU budget is set relative to each countries economic performance, so the only reason Germany contributes more than the UK, is because its economy is more productive.

I guess you'd be totally shocked to learn that France also contributes more than the UK, for the same reason.

Annoying little buggers, facts, aren't they? A bit harder to sniff out than prejudiced and biased instant opinions, I'll agree, but so much more informative.
userBulletguy
Posted: 16 March 2019 7:07 PM

The special one

The actual Act

Very much so. Property prices (outside major cities) in particular are significantly cheaper than UK, and by Brit standards are way better built and what we would consider luxurious.

A German friend on retiring sold his large 4 bed detached property two years ago for a staggering £145k and downsized to a 3 bed apartment he's bought outright for £38k....and that included his legal fees! His apartment is in a small village location and comparing 'like for like' the absolute cheapest flat in my area is £140k for a 2 bed.....and they are extremely small.
userpelmetman
Posted: 16 March 2019 7:14 PM

Walks with the gods

Brian Kirby - 2019-03-16 6:59 PM

Annoying little buggers, facts, aren't they? A bit harder to sniff out than prejudiced and biased instant opinions, I'll agree, but so much more informative.

The only annoying little buggers are you Remoaners who distort the facts .........

Is the UK GDP "NOT" currently better than Germany's? .......

Just askin ........

userBarryd999
Posted: 16 March 2019 10:28 PM

Lord of the posts

Bulletguy - 2019-03-16 7:07 PM

The actual Act

Very much so. Property prices (outside major cities) in particular are significantly cheaper than UK, and by Brit standards are way better built and what we would consider luxurious.

A German friend on retiring sold his large 4 bed detached property two years ago for a staggering £145k and downsized to a 3 bed apartment he's bought outright for £38k....and that included his legal fees! His apartment is in a small village location and comparing 'like for like' the absolute cheapest flat in my area is £140k for a 2 bed.....and they are extremely small.

Thats pretty good! Maybe the Brexiteers should secure a clause in the withdrawal agreement that all remainers can have freedom of movement and guaranteed citizenship if they promise to f*ck off. Ive lost count how many times Ive been called a traitor and should f*ck off and live abroad so if the Brexiteers can secure that then I will and they can do what they like then. £38k? I could see myself in lederhosen drinking decent beer out of a massive two litre glass on top of a mountain in Bavaria. Best flog Rock God Towers before we leave though in case it ends up being worth twenty quid post Brexit and ill go. Who is happy with that?
userBulletguy
Posted: 17 March 2019 12:33 AM

The special one

Barryd999 - 2019-03-16 10:28 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-03-16 7:07 PM

Thats pretty good!

His house was 4 double sz bedrooms, 2 bath, large lounge diner off, kitchen, utility room. with large garden to rear with mature trees. Detached single car garage plus 1 bed apartment, lounge and wet room. When he told me how much it had sold for i knew the price of his apartment would be crazily low too.

Didn't even need decorate or anything. It was ready to move into. Quality build and spacious, not like the shoddy rabbit hutch houses we build here that get thrown up in a matter of weeks and priced at silly money.
userBrian Kirby
Posted: 18 March 2019 3:49 PM

pelmetman - 2019-03-16 7:14 PM

The only annoying little buggers are you Remoaners who distort the facts .........
Just askin ........

Just askin' indeed! About something yet again irrelevant (because wrong, it is not UK GDP that exceeds that of Germany, it is the rate of GDP growth), and about something that varies over time, and is measured quarter by quarter. So, last three months of 2018 the UK had the highest level of GDP growth in the EU (bu 0.1%!!) , while in the first quarter of 2019, it is level pegging.

If you want a summary comparison of the UK and German economise, have a look here: http://tinyurl.com/y3ljab89

I really don't know where you get your information - but suggest you change it soon. It is leaving you clutching (very misleading) straws!
userpelmetman
Posted: 18 March 2019 4:05 PM

Walks with the gods

Brian Kirby - 2019-03-18 3:49 PM

Just askin ........

Just askin' indeed! About something yet again irrelevant (because wrong, it is not UK GDP that exceeds that of Germany, it is the rate of GDP growth), and about something that varies over time, and is measured quarter by quarter. So, last three months of 2018 the UK had the highest level of GDP growth in the EU (bu 0.1%!!) , while in the first quarter of 2019, it is level pegging.

If you want a summary comparison of the UK and German economise, have a look here: http://tinyurl.com/y3ljab89

I really don't know where you get your information - but suggest you change it soon. It is leaving you clutching (very misleading) straws!

Fortunately it wont be the UK left holding the short straw.......what ever cr*p deal we get .......

Time you woke up Brian ......and accepted the EU as it stands is going down the pan ......

Whether you Europhyles can rescue it from the U bend is debatable ......

Frankly I wouldn't bother trying to save sh*te ......

userBulletguy
Posted: 18 March 2019 5:09 PM

The special one

Just askin ........

Looks like Pelmet had simply made a slight grammatical error (not unusual for him) and this was how he had meant to write it;

UK GDP growth is NOT currently better than Germany.
userpelmetman
Posted: 18 March 2019 7:04 PM

Walks with the gods

Bulletguy - 2019-03-18 5:09 PM

Just askin ........

Looks like Pelmet had simply made a slight grammatical error (not unusual for him) and this was how he had meant to write it;

2017 is so yesterday Dumb Dumb .......

userBulletguy
Posted: 18 March 2019 8:32 PM

The special one

pelmetman - 2019-03-18 7:04 PM

Just askin ........

Citation needed.
userpelmetman
Posted: 18 March 2019 8:47 PM

Walks with the gods

Bulletguy - 2019-03-18 8:32 PM

Just askin ........

Citation needed.

My mistake .......

Just re read Brian's link.........2015 is so yesterday .......

It's interesting link though.......seeing as it shows our gdp per capita is better than Germany's........and their poverty levels are worse than the UK's ........

Edited by pelmetman 2019-03-18 9:01 PM
userBrian Kirby
Posted: 18 March 2019 9:21 PM

pelmetman - 2019-03-18 8:47 PM

Just askin ........

Citation needed.

My mistake .......
It's interesting link though.......seeing as it shows our gdp per capita is better than Germany's........and their poverty levels are worse than the UK's ........

I didn't claim it was based on the latest figures (it was the best I could find quickly), but if you have newer and better, do put them up.

Even so, two indicators out of 14 place UK higher than Germany, by quite small margins, and that for you is proof positive that the UK is (was then) doing better. Right on, Dave!
userpelmetman
Posted: 18 March 2019 9:25 PM

Walks with the gods

Brian Kirby - 2019-03-18 9:21 PM

Just askin ........

Citation needed.

My mistake .......

I didn't claim it was based on the latest figures (it was the best I could find quickly), but if you have newer and better, do put them up.

Even so, two indicators out of 14 place UK higher than Germany, by quite small margins, and that for you is proof positive that the UK is (was then) doing better. Right on, Dave!

C'mon Brian ...........

You know damn well the UK is doing far better than Germany .......in spite of you Remoaners doing your damnedest to slag of our economy ........

How annoying is that eh? .......

userBrian Kirby
Posted: 18 March 2019 9:58 PM

pelmetman - 2019-03-18 9:25 PM

Just askin ........

Citation needed.

My mistake .......

C'mon Brian ...........
You know damn well the UK is doing far better than Germany .......in spite of you Remoaners doing your damnedest to slag of our economy ........

God, this gets tedious! The UK currently has quicker (though only marginally so) growth than Germany. Stick around a month or so, and that will change. Better or worse, I have no idea, but there is no point whatever taking one quarter's figures and expecting them to reflect a long term trend. It is the trends over 10 or 20 years you need to look at.

Who is trying to "slag" anything off? The facts are the facts, and speak for themselves. I doesn't matter who says what, or when, economies largely do what they do, irrespective of name calling. So, why should it be annoying?

It would be nice of the UK had the best performing economy in the world. It doesn't, and its economic performance is likely to be worse as a result of Brexit. That means the average person will get worse off after Brexit. That is what will annoy people, not what you or I call it.
userpelmetman
Posted: 19 March 2019 9:07 AM

Walks with the gods

Brian Kirby - 2019-03-18 9:58 PM

pelmetman - 2019-03-18 9:25 PM

Just askin ........

Citation needed.

My mistake .......

C'mon Brian ...........

God, this gets tedious! The UK currently has quicker (though only marginally so) growth than Germany. Stick around a month or so, and that will change. Better or worse, I have no idea, but there is no point whatever taking one quarter's figures and expecting them to reflect a long term trend. It is the trends over 10 or 20 years you need to look at.

Who is trying to "slag" anything off? The facts are the facts, and speak for themselves. I doesn't matter who says what, or when, economies largely do what they do, irrespective of name calling. So, why should it be annoying?

It would be nice of the UK had the best performing economy in the world. It doesn't, and its economic performance is likely to be worse as a result of Brexit. That means the average person will get worse off after Brexit. That is what will annoy people, not what you or I call it.

Germany has only escaped entering recession by them fiddling with the goalposts .........

Seeing as their economy is based mainly on the export of cars, and considering that industry is being hit with the double whammy of global recession and a change from old technology ........

It strikes me that the German economic model is Kaput .........

They're prolly wishing they were mainly serviced based like ours ........

userViolet1956
Posted: 19 March 2019 9:28 AM

You mean like these services Dave?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/nov/29/london-to-lose-800bn-to-frankfurt-as-banks-prepare-for-brexit

https://www.ft.com/content/7c500690-bfd4-11e8-8d55-54197280d3f7

Oh perhaps that doesn't matter as it affects clever people from London in the main

Edited by Violet1956 2019-03-19 9:29 AM
userpelmetman
Posted: 19 March 2019 9:49 AM

Walks with the gods

Violet1956 - 2019-03-19 9:28 AM

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/nov/29/london-to-lose-800bn-to-frankfurt-as-banks-prepare-for-brexit

Oh perhaps that doesn't matter as it affects clever people from London in the main

I wont be affected by the loss of a few spivs........Besides, Germany prolly gonna need all the help it can get ..........

userViolet1956
Posted: 19 March 2019 9:56 AM

Too narrow a view Dave. All that income tax lost to the public purse that pays your pension and provides you and your family with a health service. Your prejudices may ultimately come back to bite you.
usermalc d
Posted: 19 March 2019 9:56 AM

Legendary contributor

Had a quick look at those links Veronica and I didn't see any mention of " clever people " leaving London.

Seemed to me it was all about bankers.

Perhaps you have forgotten about the worlds latest financial crash of 10 years ago already ?

userpelmetman
Posted: 19 March 2019 10:06 AM

Walks with the gods

Violet1956 - 2019-03-19 9:56 AM

Too narrow a view Dave. All that income tax lost to the public purse that pays your pension and provides you and your family with a health service. Your prejudices may ultimately come back to bite you.

Really?..........Have those bankers repaid the damage they did to the UK in 2008 yet? .........

https://www.nao.org.uk/highlights/taxpayer-support-for-uk-banks-faqs/

Nope ........

userViolet1956
Posted: 19 March 2019 10:08 AM

malc d - 2019-03-19 9:56 AM

Had a quick look at those links Veronica and I didn't see any mention of " clever people " leaving London.

Seemed to me it was all about bankers.

Perhaps you have forgotten about the worlds latest financial crash of 10 years ago already ?

I don’t believe all the employees of the banks were responsible for the crash Malc. Wasn't it deregulation that started the rot?
userViolet1956
Posted: 19 March 2019 10:16 AM

pelmetman - 2019-03-19 10:06 AM

Really?..........Have those bankers repaid the damage they did to the UK in 2008 yet? .........

Nope ........

Do you truly believe we are better off losing 5000 city jobs? The government provided support to UK banks not the likes of JP Morgan and Nomura.
userpelmetman
Posted: 19 March 2019 10:18 AM

Walks with the gods

Violet1956 - 2019-03-19 10:16 AM

pelmetman - 2019-03-19 10:06 AM

Nope ........

Do you truly believe we are better off losing 5000 city jobs? The government provided support to UK banks not the likes of JP Morgan and Nomura.

I truly believe the loss of a few Spiv's wont make a iota of difference to my life ..........

userViolet1956
Posted: 19 March 2019 10:24 AM

Again, too narrow a view. If you walk into Canary Wharf for example, you will see security guards, cleaners, caterers, retail outlets etc all proving jobs for honest hardworking people.
Jump to page : FirstPrevious 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator