A dilemma

nightrider

For some time I have been toying with the idea of buying a VW compact coachbuilt like my cousin has, just looked through Todds leisure website and they have one in stock that just might fit the bill, they have given all the relevant details but not the mileage? could it be a high miler?

Will give them a ring in the morning.

A question I would like to ask owners of coachbuilts, I own a VW hightop which as you may know only has a portapotty for an emergency 'pee', I have asked two people that I know who both own 24' coachbuilts that have the full toilet facilities, the question I asked was, do you use the toilet for the full sitdown job?? if you know what I mean.

Both of them said no, to which I thought, well what is the point of having a proper sitdown toilet? I eagerly await your answers.

Some time back a MMM (I think) review of Devon Monte Carlo(?) noted a problem with shower hose 'storage' Devons answer was that very few people use the washroom, how they came to this conclusion I don't know.

My present van like yours has no washroom, but when we have rented if site has good facilities we use them, if site is 'dirty' or when wild camping we use onboard.

One of the reasons we are going to 'upgrade' is to have washroom for wild camping and to use more 'farm' sites that are "own sanitation esential".

colin - 2008-11-19 9:34 PM

Some time back a MMM (I think) review of Devon Monte Carlo(?) noted a problem with shower hose 'storage' Devons answer was that very few people use the washroom, how they came to this conclusion I don't know.

My present van like yours has no washroom, but when we have rented if site has good facilities we use them, if site is 'dirty' or when wild camping we use onboard.

One of the reasons we are going to 'upgrade' is to have washroom for wild camping and to use more 'farm' sites that are "own sanitation esential".

Colin,

Your thoughts on upgrading are exactly the same as mine, because of my vans limited facilities we always use the camping and caravanning Club sites where their facilities are very good, never had a problem with them, can't say the same for one or two private sites we have been on though, from what I have just read on the hints and tips forum it would seem that not many use their onboard loo's for what they were designed for.

A friend of mine uses supermarket plastic bags to line his loo and dumps them in litter bins, my curiosity is now satiated.

Archived