A good tip for everyone

Guest Slacker

Guest Slacker

One thing about this site that's really annoying is the number of people who ram down your throat, their views on religion or on life generally by having a pompous signature that you have to read in every single post. Personally, I don't want to know that they love loafing around in their garage even if it doesn't make them a Christian.

Anyway, I've just noticed that, if you go to 'Control panel, you can switch off signatures. Bliss!

Now, if I can find a way to switch off the silly little pictures, some of which make the same irritating statements, that will be even better.

Hi Clive -

You really are starting out here with a bang mate aren't you!

I've so far come across two of your posts:

One sarcastically criticising those other members who are adept at using English to develop their arguments.

This one, criticising other members who "ram their views" down your throat.

You might want just to sit back and reflect a little - as such blanket and frankly nasty criticisms of other members aren't the most positive way to start your career in any new social group.

Cheers,

Bruce.

Guest Tracker

Frankly Slacker the solution is very simple - if you don't like Chatterbox threads simply do not click on any Chatterbox threads.

Even if you do not personally find this beneficial the rest of us will appreciate you not being here - at least until such time that you feel able to contribute in a less offensive and more humorous manner.

Guest Tracker
catinou - 2007-11-01 12:55 PM

I agree with Carol on this - is there a dopple ganger on the forum? *-)

This does seem to be the majority view.

Guest Slacker
kelly58 - 2007-11-01 5:03 PM As slacker seems hell bent on winding everone up just humour him and not reply to any of his threads if someone is ignored enough usually they go away, don't rise to him ignore him I knoe I will.

If you'd been paying attention Kelly, you'd know that this is what all this is about. Frank Wilkinson simply wants the thread bearing his name to disappear. He hates the fact that he can be libelled and he can't respond. Some people are delighting in keeping it going. Well, they'll learn.

Slacker - 2007-11-01 10:22 AM

One thing about this site that's really annoying is the number of people who ram down your throat, their views on religion or on life generally by having a pompous signature that you have to read in every single post. Personally, I don't want to know that they love loafing around in their garage even if it doesn't make them a Christian.

Anyway, I've just noticed that, if you go to 'Control panel, you can switch off signatures. Bliss!

Now, if I can find a way to switch off the silly little pictures, some of which make the same irritating statements, that will be even better.

:D

Archived