A interesting take on Batley protest.

CurtainRaiser

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-03-29 9:35 AM

pelmetman - 2021-03-29 9:10 AM

You mean they're not blaming BREXIT or Boris or the Tories? 8-) 8-) 8-) ...........

I'd have thought the opportunity to dress up as Othello would have been perfect for a classics man like your good self.

I prefer my classics to have a throbbing V6 ;-) ...........

As for Islams compatability with British culture :-| ........

You'd have to be a Oddfellow to think it was 8-) .........

pelmetman - 2021-03-29 10:18 AM

You mean they're not blaming BREXIT or Boris or the Tories? 8-) 8-) 8-) ...........

I'd have thought the opportunity to dress up as Othello would have been perfect for a classics man like your good self.

But that is not what the piece says.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-03-29 10:22 AM

This tells me everything I need to know ;-) ........

About Me

I have a career that makes no sense. I am a recovering stand up (I failed very fast), community worker, McKinsey consultant, youth worker and international development worker. I co-founded a number of charities including the National Citizen Service and I was the lead policy adviser to the UK’s Education Secretary.

I am passionate about combating the fractures and divides that are messing up our societies and write about why we are divided and what we need to do to fix it.

For my ‘day job’ I am privileged to lead the brilliant Youth Endowment Fund. The Youth Endowment Fund is a charity with a £200m endowment that is here to serve the most vulnerable children in the UK. We fund trials to work out how to best to reduce violence and are building a movement to put what we learn into practice.

Another Fluffy Wuffy Loony Lefty *-) ..........

pelmetman - 2021-03-29 10:33 AM

About Me

I have a career that makes no sense. I am a recovering stand up (I failed very fast), community worker, McKinsey consultant, youth worker and international development worker. I co-founded a number of charities including the National Citizen Service and I was the lead policy adviser to the UK’s Education Secretary.

I am passionate about combating the fractures and divides that are messing up our societies and write about why we are divided and what we need to do to fix it.

For my ‘day job’ I am privileged to lead the brilliant Youth Endowment Fund. The Youth Endowment Fund is a charity with a £200m endowment that is here to serve the most vulnerable children in the UK. We fund trials to work out how to best to reduce violence and are building a movement to put what we learn into practice.

Another

Yes because nothing says " Fluffy Wuffy Loony Lefty *-) .........." like being a Tory appointee to their pet projects?

"Jon Yates has two decades of experience in the youth and community sector. He has founded and scaled a number of youth programmes, including the National Citizen Service – which became the fastest growing youth programme in Europe working with over half a million young people over the past decade. He is also an experienced policy maker, working as the Chief Policy Adviser to the Secretary of State for Education between 2018 and 2019 where he oversaw the Department for Education’s policy and strategy on schools, colleges, children’s services, nurseries, universities and apprenticeships."

So now try reading the article, or is it beyond your comprehension?

CurtainRaiser - 2021-03-29 10:48 AM

About Me

Another

Yes because nothing says " Fluffy Wuffy Loony Lefty *-) .........." like being a Tory appointee to their pet projects?

"Jon Yates has two decades of experience in the youth and community sector. He has founded and scaled a number of youth programmes, including the National Citizen Service – which became the fastest growing youth programme in Europe working with over half a million young people over the past decade. He is also an experienced policy maker, working as the Chief Policy Adviser to the Secretary of State for Education between 2018 and 2019 where he oversaw the Department for Education’s policy and strategy on schools, colleges, children’s services, nurseries, universities and apprenticeships."

Do you really need to ask that question. (lol)

Good thought provoking article I thought.

Yes and another good article on this subject that everybody should read was in Saturdays Telegraph. It was 0n page 22 written by Charles More. Entitled " This Islamist rhetoric is designed to frighten - and we know where it can lead ". Very worrying I think.

Brian B.

Guest pelmetman

About Me

Another

Your Fluffy Wuffy Loony Lefty "expert" is yet another know all gob that preaches much but achives F all which is prolly why he's had so many jobs ;-) ..........

They come and go on a regular basis :-| ..........

Cant say I've ever noticed their tripe/Policies changing anything for the better *-) .........

pelmetman - 2021-03-30 9:28 AM

About Me

Another

Your Fluffy Loony Lefty "expert" is yet another know all gob that preaches much but achives F all which is prolly why he's had so many jobs ;-) ..........

Cant say I've ever noticed their tripe/Policies changing anything for the better *-) .........

So which "Fluffy Loony Lefty " government was he working for when he was "the Chief Policy Adviser to the Secretary of State for Education between 2018 and 2019 where he oversaw the Department for Education’s policy and strategy on schools, colleges, children’s services, nurseries, universities and apprenticeships."?

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-03-30 9:35 AM

About Me

Another

Your Fluffy Loony Lefty "expert" is yet another know all gob that preaches much but achives F all which is prolly why he's had so many jobs ;-) ..........

So which "Fluffy Loony Lefty " government was he working for when he was "the Chief Policy Adviser to the Secretary of State for Education between 2018 and 2019 where he oversaw the Department for Education’s policy and strategy on schools, colleges, children’s services, nurseries, universities and apprenticeships."?

Didn't stay long did he? ;-) ...........

He was obviously all talk and no ability >:-) ..........

pelmetman - 2021-03-30 9:36 AM

About Me

Another

No, if your powers of comprehension were any good you would have seen he was appointed to lead the youth charity the National Citizens Service by the Tory government's Education Secretary.

For the record, I'm not a fan of the man or his politics, so your constant derogatory comments about him don't matter to me. But like most grownups I can recognise a piece that contributes to the debate rather than just shout insults, that's what education gives you, the intelligence to consider both sides of the argument. But as you still haven't read the article you will have to continue in your ignorance.

... yet another know all gob that preaches much but achives F all which is prolly why he's had so many jobs ;-) ..........

(lol) (lol) Oh what irony!

From the forum's resident- Sailor/bus driver/*subbie curtain hanger (*for successful brother) / pelmet knocker-upper/part time pouffe stuffer/ fulltime B/Ser and **scrounger (**off family and/or the State) (lol) (lol)

No doubt there will have been a myriad of other "..when you've done X..Y..Z like I have..." "jobs" to add to the list!

"giggle..chuckle.. (lol) (lol) "

Guest pelmetman
pepe63 - 2021-03-31 8:30 AM

... yet another know all gob that preaches much but achives F all which is prolly why he's had so many jobs ;-) ..........

From the forum's resident- Sailor/bus driver/*subbie curtain hanger (*for successful brother) / pelmet knocker-upper/part time pouffe stuffer/ fulltime B/Ser and **scrounger (**off family and/or the State) (lol) (lol)

No doubt there will have been a myriad of other "..when you've done X..Y..Z like I have..." "jobs" to add to the list!

I cant help having had a interesting life PeePee ;-) ..........

I guess when you compare mine to your Done Nuffink, seen Nuffink, achieved Nuffink life :D ........

I can see why your so angry and envious >:-) ..........

Cheer up ........It's not too late...... you still have time to get a passport (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-03-30 10:54 PM

pelmetman - 2021-03-30 9:36 AM

About Me

Another

No, if your powers of comprehension were any good you would have seen he was appointed to lead the youth charity the National Citizens Service by the Tory government's Education Secretary.

For the record, I'm not a fan of the man or his politics, so your constant derogatory comments about him don't matter to me. But like most grownups I can recognise a piece that contributes to the debate rather than just shout insults, that's what education gives you, the intelligence to consider both sides of the argument. But as you still haven't read the article you will have to continue in your ignorance.

So like I said he wasn't there long was he? ;-) .........

Which tells me he wasn't up to the job.........He reminds me of you.......Just another Lefty Gobs**te >:-) ......

F

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-03-31 9:31 AM

F

Perhaps if PeePee plucks up the courage to get a passport ;-) ..........

You could offer to hold his hand on a trip across that wide sea called the....... English Channel :D ........

After all its about time he achieved something apart from getting angry and envious at other folks interesting lives (lol) (lol) (lol) ............

Brilliant post......nail on head! (lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)

Archived