A lot Scots seem to live in Sheffield?........

Guest pelmetman

pelmetman - 2019-11-23 8:07 AM

Just an observation of the leaders debate audience ;-) .........

My guess is that they have some sort of transportation system, 'cos I'm pretty sure that Nicola Sturgeon doesn't live in Sheffield so they must have shipped her in.

All taking advantage of that " free movement " that we keep hearing about I reckon.

:-|

Guest pelmetman

If they win another referendum by 52% of the vote :-| .........

Can we expect 3 years of remain voters demanding another vote? >:-) ..........

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2019-11-23 8:22 AM

My guess is that they have some sort of transportation system, 'cos I'm pretty sure that Nicola Sturgeon doesn't live in Sheffield so they must have shipped her in.

All taking advantage of that " free movement " that we keep hearing about I reckon.

It seems a pro remain bias also helps *-) ...........

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1208143/bbc-question-time-jeremy-corbyn-labour-news-brexit-audience-bias

pelmetman - 2019-11-23 10:08 AM

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1208143/bbc-question-time-jeremy-corbyn-labour-news-brexit-audience-bias

If that is the case, my guess would be that the BBC invited 50% Remainers and 50% Brexiteers to the event but unfortunately most of the Brexiteers couldn't find Sheffield.

;-)

All taking advantage of that " free movement " that we keep hearing about I reckon. :-|

So we have the Express, that famously unbiased news organ, saying the BBC is biased? To me, that is the equivalent of being congratulated for achieving perfect balance! QED? :-D

747 - 2019-11-23 9:31 AM

I notice Barry has not commented. That's because they are still persecuting Scots in his isolated Hamlet up in the Hills and Dales. 8-)

The Shaman sniffs them out and they use the Wicker man to dispose of them. :'(

Yeah we do that to Geordies an all!

malc d - 2019-11-23 10:24 AM

If that is the case, my guess would be that the BBC invited 50% Remainers and 50% Brexiteers to the event but unfortunately most of the Brexiteers couldn't find Sheffield.

;-)

(lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2019-11-23 10:24 AM

;-)

In theory the BBC was trying to find a balanced electorate in a Labour and Brexit voting city ;-) ........

Curiously they seem to mostly have a Scottish accent :D ........

P1010899.JPG.72407c4d88cbae83b697c6f553db20d9.JPG

at least people got to hear from the First Minister of Scotland who freely admits she works for the country of Scotland. It would appear people believe Scotland is subsidised by England. Strange thing is England does not want Scotland to leave. Suggest all the manifesto offers being made by Labour, Tory and LibDem are most likely fiction and the problem in England is you appear to not have a truthful party to vote for. Best of luck in the future especially the delays travelling across the Channel.

Guest pelmetman
Mikey - 2019-11-24 11:38 PM

at least people got to hear from the First Minister of Scotland who freely admits she works for the country of Scotland. It would appear people believe Scotland is subsidised by England. Strange thing is England does not want Scotland to leave. Suggest all the manifesto offers being made by Labour, Tory and LibDem are most likely fiction and the problem in England is you appear to not have a truthful party to vote for. Best of luck in the future especially the delays travelling across the Channel.

Your post doesn't add up according to the Barnett formula? ;-) .........

https://fullfact.org/economy/how-barnett-formula-flawed-favour-scotland-and-northern-ireland/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI76eU5-yE5gIVWODtCh3BxQLZEAAYASAAEgK6L_D_BwE

.......and that's according to the lefty funded Full Biased Facts UK >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-11-25 7:41 AM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7720377/Audience-member-jumped-Corbyns-defence-Brexit-neutrality-Labour-Party-activist.html

Did anyone in the audience actually live in Sheffield? :-S ...........

It's my understanding that, with all Question Time programmes, people who apply to be in the audience are allowed to live anywhere they like, they don't have to live locally. So it's quite possible that quite a lot of them came from outside Sheffield.

pelmetman - 2019-11-25 7:37 AM

Mikey - 2019-11-24 11:38 PM

Your post doesn't add up according to the Barnett formula? ;-) ........

The Barnett formula is said to have "no legal standing or democratic justification", and, being merely a convention, could be changed at will by the Treasury. In recent years, Barnett himself has called it a "terrible mistake". In 2009, the House of Lords Select Committee on the Barnett Formula concluded that "the Barnett Formula should no longer be used to determine annual increases in the block grant for the United Kingdom's devolved administrations.

malc d - 2019-11-25 9:17 AM

pelmetman - 2019-11-25 7:41 AM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7720377/Audience-member-jumped-Corbyns-defence-Brexit-neutrality-Labour-Party-activist.html

Did anyone in the audience actually live in Sheffield? :-S ...........

It's my understanding that, with all Question Time programmes, people who apply to be in the audience are allowed to live anywhere they like, they don't have to live locally. So it's quite possible that quite a lot of them came from outside Sheffield.

Pelmets "democracy" expected the audience to be taken only from Sheffield Tory party, the Brexit company, and each participant to undergo vetting to ensure they were all Brexiteers and pro-Johnson. It's how populists (fascists) operate. :-|

Archived