A new word game

davenewellhome

Ok gang, I've thought long and hard over this (well 45 seconds or so :D ) and I think I've come up with a new word game that may, or may not, be a bit of fun.

The rules are simple, I'll start us off with a word and the next poster can either add or change a letter but not remove any. The letters must also stay in the same order but added letters can appear anywhere in a word.

As an example, let,lent, bent, sent, dent, dont, wont, want, wane, wine, wined, dined etc would be ok

bus, bust, dust, dusted would not because the last word has two letters added.

Names are allowed as is any word in a decent dictionary.

Right, got it?

Here goes then...........................

A

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Confused here!!

davenewell@home - 2008-07-02 7:51 PM

I'll start us off with a word and the next poster can either add or change a letter but not remove any. The letters must also stay in the same order but added letters can appear anywhere in a word.

As an example, let,lent, bent, sent, dent, dont, wont, want, wane, wine, wined, dined etc would be ok

A

On the third word you have removed the "l" and substituted "b" but you already said that you cannot remove any.

Also somebody had already used the word "leaf" and then you repeated it two posts on. Can you clarify the rules please Dave?

Patricia - 2008-07-02 10:06 PM

Confused here!!

davenewell@home - 2008-07-02 7:51 PM

I'll start us off with a word and the next poster can either add or change a letter but not remove any. The letters must also stay in the same order but added letters can appear anywhere in a word.

A

On the third word you have removed the "l" and substituted "b" but you already said that you cannot remove any.

Also somebody had already used the word "leaf" and then you repeated it two posts on. Can you clarify the rules please Dave?

Ok quick time out, in the example the letter wasn't taken out but substitued which is clearly allowed in the rules I outlined, you can add a letter or replace a letter but not both at the same time and you cant remove a letter. For example if the previous word was "bent" then you colud not remove the "N" to make "bet" but you could replace the "B" with a "P" to make "pent".

As for my picking "leaf" well my apologies 'cos I didn't spot it had already been done but then I never said you couldn't repeat, did I?

D.

Patricia - 2008-07-02 10:34 PM

OK explanation accepted and back to "lead" which I'll change to "plead".

Also I'm going to be pedantic again as there is no such spelling as "Beaf" K&D!

What are the rules for that Dave?

Quite right Patricia, spelling must be correct. Having said that there are no penalties for getting one wrong, its just a bit of fun (hopefully :D )

And i'll go with cleat

Archived