A newby

arthur

Hi there,

I am a newby to the forum, i dont have a caravan at the moment I am in the process of looking for one, dont need a big one just one that is big enough for me and my old border collie.

I fancy one of those small Eriba vans, anybody know anything about them? Will be spending my redundancy money on it.

Always think they look good when I see them being towed. Good for those who want to tow with a normal car.

There are other options and many can be seen at this site;-

http://www.campersandleisure.co.uk/

This is a place on the edge of the New Forest I have been to and they do have the occasional Eriba in stock. We had as our fist caravan after tents an Esteril type folding caravan which was frankly fantastic!

Only disadvantage was that on a long journey it was not easy to open the caravan door to pop into make a cuppa! But the advantages were easy storage and very easy towing. For two of us and a dog this thing was fantastic for easy touring. With a nice awning on the side we had everything we needed.

Worth a look - have a look at the above site and look at second hand folding caravans.

There used to be a similar "Folding Caravan Centre in Swindon" but I have a feeling it closed down. may be wrong on that.

Hi Arthur, welcome to the forum, we used to have a Eriba Motorcaravan and they are really well built,  Eriba caravans have a really good club, can not find the membership secretary details but I have a e mail of eriba@talktalk.co if you send them a e mail I am sure they will give you some details they are all very enthusiastic about their caravans. or if you want I will pm you a couple of contact telephone numbers. good luck.  Carol.

Guest peter
Also have a look at Rapido pop tops. Brilliant and fit in a normal garage. Also very well built. We had one.

Hi Arthur. As usual :$ can't help but just wanted to welcome you and look forward to your postings. As for your old collie, they are selling them off in Tesco at the moment .... er .... oops sorry you mean a dog don't you! Look forward to hearing from you about your journeys. There are several of us on here who go off on our own with our dogs and it sure feels good. Joy :-D

Archived