A trial run

nightrider

Everything has been stowed away in my newly acquired baby coach built, I have hooked up and I have found out where everything is and what all the switches are for, sussed out the heating system so everything is now ready for testing out, so I will be sleeping aboard my baby tonight.

The one fear that I had was that this van is bigger than my VW type 4, would I get it round a very tight right hand turn on my drive to park up at the side of the house, and if I did, would I be able to get it out again? I tried it this morning and got in and out with no problems.

york brewery - 2008-12-04 5:45 PM

Everthing ready for testing out????????

Does that mean you got a sexy stunner helping you out with the trial run :D :D :D

Unfortunately or fortunately, as the case might be, a sexy stunner would be no good to me, or me to her, as a life saving 3 monthly injection of a slow release pellet in the stomach has put paid to any hanky-panky, not to worry though, got years of memories to bring a smile to my face and enough stories to enthral the ladies from the local womens institute.

Apart from that it is a treat not having to prove oneself anymore, sooner have a cup of tea and a cream bun these days.

knight of the road - 2008-12-04 6:36 PM

york brewery - 2008-12-04 5:45 PM

Everthing ready for testing out????????

Does that mean you got a sexy stunner helping you out with the trial run :D :D :D

Unfortunately or fortunately, as the case might be, a sexy stunner would be no good to me, or me to her, as a life saving 3 monthly injection of a slow release pellet in the stomach has put paid to any hanky-panky, not to worry though, got years of memories to bring a smile to my face and enough stories to enthral the ladies from the local womens institute.

Apart from that it is a treat not having to prove oneself anymore, sooner have a cup of tea and a cream bun these days.

Well Malcom

Think i would prefer the tea n cream bun. far easier to get them than the other :D :D :D

howie - 2008-12-04 6:02 PM

Head for the hills Malcolm and nothing beats the Cairngorms in this type of weather. Hope you've thought about the on-board water supply and systems or your next thread will be 'how do you replace water heaters and pumps'. ;-)

I`d be very suprised if a plumber lets his own bits freeze

(keep moving Malcolm)

trust all will go well

When I went up to Todds on the 1st of December to pick my van up, Paul the salesman who was dealing with me gave me a comprehensive run-down on how things worked on the van, controls etc etc.

He said that in order to test out the water side of things, fresh water and waste tanks and the toilet header tank were full, he drove the van outside and showed me the draindown proceedure, fresh water, waste and toilet header tank I knew about but not the hoidioter system.

He lifted the offside seating to expose the water heater and explained how the system worked and where the draindown tap was, he then opened all the valves and drained everything down as a precaution against the heavy frost of the day and said that the movement of the van on the homeward journey would ensure that the fresh and waste water tanks would be completely empty.

When I got home the first thing I did was to suss out the workings of the hoidioter system, so all in all I am very pleased with the van and the quality of attention from Todds staff, wednesday night was bitterly cold but not in the van, very cosy.

Archived