A weekend away

nightrider

We tried to book a long weekend at the CCC site at Clitheroe the weekend after the bank holiday, we wanted 3 pitches, one for me, my cousin and my friend who is new to the camping game and who wants to try out his newly acquired campervan.

Not a cat in hells chance of getting a pitch, they are booked up solid for weeks, for that particular weekend we might end up doing a bit of wild camping.

I bet their not.

some CC members make bookings where they think would like to go for the year and half the B****rs dont turn up!!!

You try and get in the Rountrees site at York it's solid all year every year I know its been said before but if they took a deposit I bet it woul;d be easier to get in any where.

Any way enjoy your 'wild' Camping

Cheers

No problem whatsoever getting in where we were last weekend. They take £10 per night deposit, and it's none refundable.

Great system, we can always get in and there's never any no shows so the owner tells us.

I've done this subject, (deposits), to death so I'll shut up now 8-)

Martyn

I,ll second that Martyn. ;-) , now back to the weekend. Wondering if anyone went to the Newbury show this last weekend. Huming and arring, but decided the weather was to bad and gave it a miss and imagine it was nothing short of a mudbath. :-(

• 2 weeks later...
howie - 2009-05-18 6:15 PM

I,ll second that Martyn. ;-) , now back to the weekend. Wondering if anyone went to the Newbury show this last weekend. Huming and arring, but decided the weather was to bad and gave it a miss and imagine it was nothing short of a mudbath. :-(

Far from it. It was quite showery and very windy but the layout, with roadways and aluminium walkways was fine, not much mud at all.

We wouldn't have chosen to go to an event in those conditions but it was en route from our previous weeks destination to the following week so made reasonable sense to stay from Sat. to Mon. at our first such event. We enjoyed it anyway.

Cheers

ColinS

Archived