ASDA rage

LordThornber

Well that might be going a bit far but... We have been with their credit card, (run by GE Capital), now for a year or so and apart from 2 minor hiccups, no problems at all.

Until they bombarded me with e-mails and post to persuade me to go to paperless billing. So I thought why not, let's give it a go. They send you an e-mail to say your e statement is ready to view and very good it is too.

Unless..

A. You can't get onto their website

B. They don't send you an e-mail

I have contacted them and got the standard "technical difficulties" reply. So it's happened again this month, (no e-mail), so I've invited them to provide me with a reason for staying with them.

Are you listening and/or reading this ASDA, wake up!!

Seething of Blackburn

They've definitely got technical diifficulties.

We were in our local Asda this morning and noticed that the "price per kilo/100 grams" on a couple of the shelf price tags was way out.

e.g. 125 gram box of breadsticks priced at 44p, price per 100 grams given as 22p.

e.g. block of cheese priced at £2.62, price per kilo on packet £6.28, price per kilo on shelf tag £2.62.

Graham

LordThornber - 2008-11-27 11:18 AM

Well that might be going a bit far but... We have been with their credit card, (run by GE Capital), now for a year or so and apart from 2 minor hiccups, no problems at all.

Until they bombarded me with e-mails and post to persuade me to go to paperless billing. So I thought why not, let's give it a go. They send you an e-mail to say your e statement is ready to view and very good it is too.

Unless..

A. You can't get onto their website

B. They don't send you an e-mail

I have contacted them and got the standard "technical difficulties" reply. So it's happened again this month, (no e-mail), so I've invited them to provide me with a reason for staying with them.

Are you listening and/or reading this ASDA, wake up!!

Seething of Blackburn

G E Capital Finance has a very bad reputation, even B&Q blew them out for sharp practices.

• 6 months later...

Here we go again.

I ring Asda Credit Card Customer Services for some help as my password has been blocked. My fault on that, I entered the wrong info.

No problem Sir, a new temp password is on it's way within 24 hours.

Err, no it isn't. So I ring again and get the same response, I explain that I've done this process once and this is costing me 10p per minute. Very sorry Sir, we do have your correct e-mail address etc, we'll send another temp password.

Still nothing. What do you have to do? You can't use the secure e-mail as I cannot get in to my acount obviously, and what's the point of calling Customer Service for a 3rd time?

Cheesed off.

Martyn

It is now 10 days since I first contacted Asda, (GE Capital), regarding the need for a new password.

The 1st 2 occasions were a waste of time and money, (10p per minute).

The 3rd time of contact about 5 days ago gave me some hope. The guy explained that they were experiencing some tech problems, (no shock there), and that they would send me a new temp password as soon as possible.

Well Asda, or GE Capital for that matter, 10 days is 10 too many in my opinion. You no longer have any great sway over me with 2p a litre off fuel, (it's now only 1p) so when my next payment has been made to you...

IT WILL BE THE LAST----YOU'RE SACKED----HISTORY----BYE---END OF

Martyn >:-) >:-) >:-)

Guest Tracker

The Asda card is now run by Santander - they forgot to tell me and when my bank a/c got debited by 'Santander Consumer' instead of 'GE Finance' I asked for, and got, a refund from my bank.

Still waiting for them to reclaim it!

As the discount is now down to 1p per litre it's not really worth the effort of the extra card.

Tracker - 2009-06-23 10:16 AM

The Asda card is now run by Santander - they forgot to tell me and when my bank a/c got debited by 'Santander Consumer' instead of 'GE Finance' I asked for, and got, a refund from my bank.

Still waiting for them to reclaim it!

As the discount is now down to 1p per litre it's not really worth the effort of the extra card.

Rich, I've just discovered the card is run by Santander. I'd no idea until I saw it on Asda's website.

I've visited Asda's complaints website section and wrote to them. Well a 4th phone call would be a waste of time, I can't use the secure e-mail as I cannot access my account so I'd no option.

I've gone back to Caravan Club's Visa card, run by Barclaycard, the online service they offer is light years ahead of GE's, (Santander). Asda's will get the boot when we return from our hols.

Martyn

Guest Tracker
nowtelse2do - 2009-06-23 10:34 AM

Is that a blank look David, or are you just as dazed, confused and frustrated by 'modern' living as the rest of us?

Tracker - 2009-06-23 10:55 AM

nowtelse2do - 2009-06-23 10:34 AM

Is that a blank look David, or are you just as dazed, confused and frustrated by 'modern' living as the rest of us?

No Rich,

Had to rush out, forgot what i was doing then realised i had nowtelse2do, I think I'd better take some more curry,,!!

Ah that's better..!! And now my memory is coming back. When I read Martyn's last post before yours saying.....IT WILL BE THE LAST---YOUR SACKED---HISTORY---BY----END OF Martyn >:-) >:-) >:-) . I thought he was going to do something drastic to himself. So was going to invite him over for a chat but then thought, no, he would probably feel worse (lol)

Dave.

Hi,

We get a monthy delivery from ASDA, direct to the door. This means we don't need to go and get regular heavy stuff. Wife was checking thru the £150 statement, came accross £3.50 delivery charge. Immediate phone call. "We are having technical difficulties. the £3.50 will be refunded".

Hmmmm! OK, £3.50 is roughly what it would cost us in petrol to visit the store ....... or any big store, but we are watching.

Our TESCO card gives us points, which can be quadrupled if using the Chunnel. We got to France and back for free (should have been £160)earlier this month, but still had to pay for the dog.

Guest Tracker
nowtelse2do - 2009-06-23 4:04 PM

I thought he was going to do something drastic to himself. So was going to invite him over for a chat but then thought, no, he would probably feel worse (lol)

Dave.

Yeah, I quite understand Dave - I too have that effect on people!

Oh boy Asda, are your Customer Service Folk getting some seriously bad reviews off me.

It's now 12 days that have passed since I first asked for a new password and nowts arrived.

But guess what's arrived today, yes, an e-mail inviting me to view my online statement. You couldn't make it up.

Well Asda, I would love to view it but I can't can I due to the b****y obvious.

Martyn

Martyn, it seems you're stuck in a loop. A catch 22, you can't log on and can't get a new password. Try 1 more phone call, calmly explain the situation then ask for the persons name and their supervisors name then say that you'll stay on the the line with them while they (or the other dept) generate a new password and send it to you. That's what i did with a not too dissimilar situation and it worked. Try it you've got nothing to lose apart from a credit card balance. Oh and if it's not a free phone number use the website to find their "normal" one

Good luck!

Hello Roger, I've just taken your advice and being honest I'm not too hopeful.

I used a number from say no to 0870's website and got Asda loans (?), anyway they put me through to the credit card dept.

I explained, (again), the goings on, (or not more like) and lo & behold he tells me that some e-mails from Santander are being blocked by some UK e-mail providers.

So I pointed out that I'd received one today inviting me to view the statement and he came over a bit puzzled. So he says he'll send me a new password now, I say I'll stop on the phone until it arrives, no point he says, as it takes up to 24 hours.

Watch this space...

Martyn

Keep holding yer breath Roger, 'cos nothings arrived...

Anyway I managed to find a an e-mail address for Asda Customer Service, I explained the situation and at the very least I've received an acknowledgment from them.

So it's start I guess 8-)

Martyn

Archived