Acoustic neuroma

grocer jack

Bob , really sorry to hear of your troubles a friends mum had this .

She was dizzy and had constant ringing in her ears Tinitus .

She had an operation for it and felt 100% better I used to work at the GP's at the time and I can remember she used to take something similar if not the same as Stemitil which helps with the inner ear balance .

An acoustic neuroma,is a benign (non-cancerrous) growth or tumor that is located on the eight cranial nerve (acoustic nerve) that leads from the inner ear to the brain.

This is what causes the dizzyness as it interferes with the Labarinth in the ear . I wish you well and hopefully soon you will get it sorted out and on your way to recovery like my friends mum.

Sorry forgot to say she did not loose any hearing and suffered no illness after the operation . I think the secret is to get the operation and or treatment ASAP do not allow it to grow . I'm sure your Gp explained all to you . I wish you a speedy recovery .

Thanks for the info Michelle - sorry to learn that one of our members is suffering. I've had vertigo in the past which is like being drunk for no reason *-)

Hopefully you will get it sorted. Go to see your Consultant with a list of questions so that you have plenty of details, ask how often and what success rate the Surgeon has with this operation and what the outcome is likely to be.

Any surgery can be scarey - it's the unknown. But I survived breast surgery - twice - as well as radiation: recovery is possible with most illnesses so be kind to yourself, ask the questions and don't feel pressured into anything.

Thanks for the info Michelle - sorry to learn that one of our members is suffering. I've had vertigo in the past which is like being drunk for no reason *-)

Hopefully you will get it sorted. Go to see your Consultant with a list of questions so that you have plenty of details, ask how often and what success rate the Surgeon has with this operation and what the outcome is likely to be.

Any surgery can be scarey - it's the unknown. But I survived breast surgery - twice - as well as radiation: recovery is possible with most illnesses so be kind to yourself, ask the questions and don't feel pressured into anything.

Archived