Adding photographs

empress

I know this has been asked (and answered) before, but we would like to add an image to our posts. I tried browsing in the Control Panel and chose a picture (not obscene), but nothing seems to have happened. I also imagine that there must be size limits for the pictures, so I may have to resize any image I chose, but that's no problem. A quick run through, please (or direction to previous replies!).

Happy Christmas.

Empress

Or maybe I can help?

1) Go to your control panel (the link in the top right-hand corner of the forums).

2) Scroll right down to the bottom, until you see the 'Upload Profile Image' box.

3) Click the 'Browse' button.

4) Use the box that pops up to find a suitable image on your computer[red]*[/red].

5) Select the image and either double-click on it, or click once and press 'Open'.

6) The popup window will close.

7) Press the 'Go' button directly underneath the box you just used to find the image.

8) If the image is OK to use[red]*[/red], it'll be uploaded and appear as your avatar (the picture below your username) and/or on your profile page.

[red]*[/red]Images must be smaller than 50kb in filesize, 100 pixels wide (or less), and be either in .gif of .jpg format. If you need to resize your image to fit these guidelines, there are many free programs available on the web - Google can help you find one. Please not that we neither endorse nor are responsible for the content of external websites!

Does that help?

They say Santa only comes once a year. Lucky bugger.

Quite often i,ll lean over and nibble her ear(still got my teeth) only to be confronted by her teeth bobbing up and down in the glass tumbler by the bedside. I swear that in the ghostly glow of the alarm clock they are mockingly saying, in your dreams pal, in your dreams.

Wonder what happened to the girl I married all those years ago. :-(

So glad you liked my Ruby, Mel. Sadly she is no longer alive. But as I loved her dearly I thought it would be good to give her an outing on the chatterbox site this Christmas. She was a Border Terrier as you probably knew. The photo was taken on the Norfolk coast where she was keeping watch!

Empress

Archived