Adverts....

Bazza454

Not the "can we, can't we/should we, shouldn't we" type, no interest in that discussion, but TV adverts.

Most are irritating at best but occasionally a really clever one comes along. Cadburys Gorilla is a good example.

Another is the MFI (yes, I know) advert that was screened over the Christmas/New Year period, the music that accompanied it was brilliant and i've finally managed to locate it.

It's called "Music for a Found Harmonium" by the Penguin Cafe Orchestra. If you like Irish Jig type music it's available on most free and not so free download sites.

Any other recommendations for music behind the ads?

And I love the one where they are walking on tread mills to music. Can't for the life of me tell you what they are advertising but it fascinates me. I want a go.

And on the opposite side of the coin, I hate, detest eve, that man in the slimming advert that sits there at a table and says like a big horrible male chauvenist pig "as a man I notice." then looks at his much-less-than-he-is overweight wife and says to her "sorry dear." Aaaaaagh I want to hit him and then whip her out for a good night out with the girls and make her tell him to get a life .... on his own. 8-)

The gorilla one is just ace!!

I do "In the air tonight" sometimes in my act, ann now I always introduce it as "the gorilla song".

It has absolutely buggerall to do with Cadbury's dairy Milk chocolate, but is just brill...................3.5 minutes juts building and waiting for the gorilla to go epileptic to that Phil Collins drum riff.

Just sublime.

Mel B - 2008-04-18 4:50 PM

I like the car one, can't remember the make, but the one with the dog that's singing away loudly in the car and then very quietly when outside it ... I just think it's great! :-D

See Here for both the advert and a live version by The Spencer Davis Group.

Graham

Archived