Aldi travel kettle

chas

Have noticed there is a duel voltage 120-240 v travell kettle with a rating of just 600watts for sale at Aldi from Sunday 20th for just £4. 99p. seems ideal for use in the van when on hook up. :-) chas

Why bother with an electric kettle when you have gas? A low wattage kettle takes ages to boil as well as needing to be stored when not required. It costs less than a penny's worth of gas to boil a kettle and its a bloomin sight faster than a 600 watt leccy job.

D.

Hi Michele- We normaly use gas to brew up but if abroad we take our 800 watt picnic electric kettle with us, as most sites have good deals which include EHU. Also find that with a gas ring burning for the brew the van can get hot in sunnier climes. One of the main reasons also is we need our Calor to last as long as possible. Weight and packing size is nothing, and having had 3 new gas regulators fitted its nice to know at least we can have a brew. The Aldi offer I think is well worth it. You know it makes sense ;-) Regards chas

Chas,

You are of course quite correct ! It does make sense and knowing our luck we would run out of gas and not have a brew in the middle of know where in France on a Sunday at 10 pm sod 's law....

If I had an Aldi I would buy it just because I can ha ha...

But no Aldi near here actually France was the last I saw at Hornfleur.....

TeeHee, Anyway will have to stick with the gas for now!

Let's hope I dont break down next to you and the good lady wife as I will know where there is an Aldi special ...... :D BREW :D

It's not a holiday unless I hear our kettle whistling when it's boiled.

Have always used a Gas kettle since we started this M/H malarky!!

It's just that a whistling kettle thing with me.Reminds me of home when I was growing up in Thaialnd and we had no electrics in the house.

Quite right - each to their own - would'nt be any good if we all liked the same things anyway.

Thai

Guest caraprof

It makes no sense whatsoever in my opinion to boil water using your gas supply, when you are plugged into a mains point and paying for electricity although I have to say, the financial saving doesn't actually enter into my reasoning. If I were tight I wouldn't be staying on full service sites anyway and would be saving the several pounds that they charge.

What it's really about is saving your precious gas. If you're on a long holiday in Europe, boiling your kettle using gas several times a day could make the difference between using up your gas or having it last the entire trip, especially if you do wild camp occasionally as well and use gas for everything including your fridge. As you cannot buy our gas bottles in Europe it must make sense to do what you can to make your supply last as long as possible.

As for the time taken for a kettle to boil, yes, it does take a bit longer but you're normally having a meal at the same time so what does it matter? You just plug in the kettle during your pudding instead of during the cheese!

I bought my low-wattage kettle at a show a couple of years ago and have never regretted it.

And for me sod the Gas would much prefer that the kids dont ket skolded by a hot electric kettle plugged in ...for is its so much easier to stand next to the cooker whilst it boiling ..........Each to their own ;-) No wires

Just take two 13kg

Although we are going off thread slightly, saftey issues are inportant in the small confines of a van, particulary when there are young children around, but between a gas ring on boiling a kettle of water and an electric kettle doing the same job the naked flame loses every time. The original post was a suggestion of supplementing the gas boiling kettle when on EHU. Reminds me, must ask Aldi where my cheque is ! :D The kettle has boiled the tea is made,,,im off. chas

Archived