Am I missing the point

kelly58

Is it me or are there others out there who are absolutely sick and fed up with the American Presidential Elections being rammerd down our TV and Radio news bulletins every time we switch on to watch some proper news.

Doe's it really matter to us who gets elected we are not going to vote because we can't , and as for me I would not vote anyway, sureley the Americans are not bombarded with all this give it big hype when its our turn to vote for our prime minister. http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/images/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

kelly58 - 2008-08-29 12:39 PM

Is it me or are there others out there who are absolutely sick and fed up with the American Presidential Elections being rammerd down our TV and Radio news bulletins every time we switch on to watch some proper news.

Doe's it really matter to us who gets elected we are not going to vote because we can't , and as for me I would not vote anyway, sureley the Americans are not bombarded with all this give it big hype when its our turn to vote for our prime minister. http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/images/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

I think it does matter to us who gets elected in the U.S.( Don't you think George Bush has had any effect on this country ? )However I do agree that we have far to much of this circus on our T.V.s, and for far too long.The problem is that as all our politicians are currently on holiday there's not much to snipe at over here at the moment so our broadcasters are sent off on 'jollies' around the world to fill news time. :-(

I'm sick of them too, Kelly, but then I;m getting sick of everything American.

They Do influence us .... BADLY!

I want our lads back from the wars and if it wasn't for our A r s e nal licking of Bush I don't think we would be in the situation we are in now. But, since it is obvious from the films we pay for on our tv licences, they did win the war didn't they? Huh!

kelly58 - 2008-08-29 12:39 PM

Probably because President Blair decided to align the UK more to the US rather than Europe during his time in office - and unfortunately we all know the results of this decision.

It does matter who wins the presidency but only because of their power to make a complete mess of things.

Filling news bulletins with the presidential race is just the normal journalism trick of taking the easy and cheap way out instead of having to work to find a story.

Graham

I am sure we more of theirs than they do of ours! With digital television you can usuall escape if you don't want to watch. Politics is an interest of mine (not from a party point of view, although I have been known to defend a certain line) and it is particulary interesting that the Democratic Nomination is black. Unfortunately there are still a lot of deep rooted prejudices in the US of A and it will be interesting to see if he can overcome that. One of his policies could have a positive knockon affect on all of us. He seems determined to reduce dependency on Middle East oil. If he achieves that perhaps the price will come down

;-)

David

Archived