Another Brexit MEP moaning.....

Bulletguy

This one whining about his commute of 8 hours.......so WTF sign up for the damn job then numpty? *-)

It's not a daily commute and he doesn't mention his €320 a day expenses to cover accommodation and meals. The only proviso being they have to attend work otherwise they get their expenses docked like that idling shyster Farage.

God these folk are an utter embarrassment to Britain but as can be seen from the comments on his timeline, his whiny moaning backfired spectacularly.

Bulletguy - 2019-07-02 3:08 PM

This one whining about his commute of 8 hours.......so WTF sign up for the damn job then numpty? *-)

It's not a daily commute and he doesn't mention his €320 a day expenses to cover accommodation and meals. The only proviso being they have to attend work otherwise they get their expenses docked like that idling shyster Farage.

God these folk are an utter embarrassment to Britain but as can be seen from the comments on his timeline, his whiny moaning backfired spectacularly.

Well, the bright ones amongst us know why he signed up. I thought it was pretty obvious. And thank you for mentioning the €320 daily allowance for which he won't have to submit receipts. Good old EU eh? And the bright ones amongst know the reason for his complaining, which is nothing to do with any personal inconvenience.

But Dr David Bull is definitely a numpty. He's only an alumnus of Imperial College London, graduating with a Bachelor of Medicine degree, a Bachelor of Surgery degree (MBBS) and a first class Bachelor of Science honours degree (BSc) in 1993. What are your educational achievements I wonder? Your only real contribution to the world these days is boasting that you once made the things responsible for millions of deaths and even putting a picture of one of them on every post you make. Still, they are as you said, an inanimate object. A bit like the atomic bomb really?

'Idling shyster' Farage? The ones who really embarrass Britain are poorly-educated people such as you, with their limited vocabulary and inability to debate intelligently and without resorting to wild invective.

FunsterJohn - 2019-07-02 2:33 PM

Well, the bright ones amongst us know why he signed up. I thought it was pretty obvious. And thank you for mentioning the €320 daily allowance for which he won't have to submit receipts. Good old EU eh? And the bright ones amongst know the reason for his complaining, which is nothing to do with any personal inconvenience.

But Dr David Bull is definitely a numpty. He's only an alumnus of Imperial College London, graduating with a Bachelor of Medicine degree, a Bachelor of Surgery degree (MBBS) and a first class Bachelor of Science honours degree (BSc) in 1993. What are your educational achievements I wonder? Your only real contribution to the world these days is boasting that you once made the things responsible for millions of deaths and even putting a picture of one of them on every post you make. Still, they are as you said, an inanimate object. A bit like the atomic bomb really?

'Idling shyster' Farage? The ones who really embarrass Britain are poorly-educated people such as you, with their limited vocabulary and inability to debate intelligently and without resorting to wild invective.

Well clearly having qualifications does not necessarily mean your not a moron. Firstly he is a Brexit party MEP so he has to be one but he also seems to be having a bit of a whinge about an eight our journey to Strasbourg from Ipswich having to get several trains. Ipswich is just over forty miles to Stansted which has direct flights to Strasbourg. 1hr 25 min.

Barryd999 - 2019-07-02 4:02 PM

Well clearly having qualifications does not necessarily mean your not a moron. Firstly he is a Brexit party MEP so he has to be one but he also seems to be having a bit of a whinge about an eight our journey to Strasbourg from Ipswich having to get several trains. Ipswich is just over forty miles to Stansted which has direct flights to Strasbourg. 1hr 25 min.

Actually, being a moron could be described as not understanding the meaning of the word. The problem with Remainers such as you, is your sheer arrogance. Anyone who has an opposing view is an idiot, or a numpty or even a moron. You cannot envisage for one minute that you could be wrong about Brexit.

Are all these people wrong? https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/15/eu-referendum-more-than-300-business-leaders-back-a-brexit/

Is the chairman of JCB, one of Britain's most successful exporters, wrong about Brexit? Some of the finest minds in the country believe that, when we're free from the restrictive practices of the EU, we shall be able to put in place taxation and tariffs that will make our economy soar.

But the difference between me and you is that I understand your viewpoint. I understand some of the arguments for Remain but I've decided that I prefer the other option. I just wish that people such as you would, just for once, accept that you're not some kind of giant intellectual whose opinion is the only one that could possibly be right.

But worst of all is the nasty vilification that is part of every post that you make. Bull is a Brexit MP so he must be a moron. Ms Rees Mogg complains that with six-figure salaries and expenses of over €50K a year, it's reasonable that MPs should buy their own tablet computers. But because she does so, she's 'thick as mince'.

Perhaps the real definition of a moron should be a person who believes that only he can be right and who is willing to describe as a moron, someone with an IQ that is quite clearly a lot higher than his.

Finally, being a moron could also be attributed to those who can't work out the reasons why he took the train rather than fly. After you've thought about and if you can't work it out, get back and I'll explain it to you.

FunsterJohn - 2019-07-02 3:27 PM

Actually, being a moron could be described as not understanding the meaning of the word. The problem with Remainers such as you, is your sheer arrogance. Anyone who has an opposing view is an idiot, or a numpty or even a moron. You cannot envisage for one minute that you could be wrong about Brexit.

Are all these people wrong? https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/15/eu-referendum-more-than-300-business-leaders-back-a-brexit/

Is the chairman of JCB, one of Britain's most successful exporters, wrong about Brexit? Some of the finest minds in the country believe that, when we're free from the restrictive practices of the EU, we shall be able to put in place taxation and tariffs that will make our economy soar.

But the difference between me and you is that I understand your viewpoint. I understand some of the arguments for Remain but I've decided that I prefer the other option. I just wish that people such as you would, just for once, accept that you're not some kind of giant intellectual whose opinion is the only one that could possibly be right.

But worst of all is the nasty vilification that is part of every post that you make. Bull is a Brexit MP so he must be a moron. Ms Rees Mogg complains that with six-figure salaries and expenses of over €50K a year, it's reasonable that MPs should buy their own tablet computers. But because she does so, she's 'thick as mince'.

Perhaps the real definition of a moron should be a person who believes that only he can be right and who is willing to describe as a moron, someone with an IQ that is quite clearly a lot higher than his.

Finally, being a moron could also be attributed to those who can't work out the reasons why he took the train rather than fly. After you've thought about and if you can't work it out, get back and I'll explain it to you.

You have not been on here long so I will cut you a bit of slack but you need to start living up to your name which has the word "Funster" in it. Your not coming across as very funny. You have to get with the program and add a bit of drama on here otherwise its no "fun".

You could show me any businessman or captain of industry you like if you want that supports Brexit and especially the Kamikaze crash out kind we now seem to be heading towards and they will either have a vested interest of one kind or another if you drill down deep enough or they are indeed a moron. Its not being arrogant. Some of us have spent three years studying this while most Brexiteers just ran off and hid and buried their heads in the sand. for every "expert" or captain of industry you find supporting Brexit I bet I can find you a hundred that say its bonkers.

As for the public or the plebs as we sometimes call them on here they were just duped by the orchestrators, probably some of the people your now about to quote to me. Nobody likes to think they have been fed a load of horse sh1t and taken for mugs but if you or one of these "business men" can tell me how the good people of the North East for example where I grew up many of whom (the poorer ones mainly) voted to leave are going to be better off when they get hit by a 16% drop in the local economy which will pretty much wipe the region out in a no deal Brexit then ill join the Brexit Party and stick a Nigel Farage poster on my office wall.

Its not arrogance. Its just seeing the Emperors clothes for what they are.

1) Well, the bright ones amongst us know why he signed up. I thought it was pretty obvious.

2) And thank you for mentioning the €320 daily allowance for which he won't have to submit receipts. Good old EU eh? And the bright ones amongst know the reason for his complaining, which is nothing to do with any personal inconvenience.

3) But Dr David Bull is definitely a numpty. He's only an alumnus of Imperial College London, graduating with a Bachelor of Medicine degree, a Bachelor of Surgery degree (MBBS) and a first class Bachelor of Science honours degree (BSc) in 1993.

1) Very obvious. To cause as much trouble as possible and behave like petulant children. That much has been patently obvious to "the brighter ones among us" from the outset.

2) If like Farage they don't attend over half their work schedule then those expenses get docked by 50%.

3) He found working as an NHS Doctor too hard and never completed training to qualify as a GP. He hasn't held a licence to practice for 10 years. He once had fanciful ideas of becoming a movie star and swanned off to live in LA for a brief period but that didn't work out so ran back to UK where he pops up from time to time on daytime telly chat shows as "a Doctor". Oh, and he's also "bought and sold many properties all over UK" dontcha know.

Interestingly, Brexit Bull danced to a very different tune three years back. The article was carried by The Wail so will meet full approval of Brexiteers.

Three celebrity doctors have warned in a letter to MailOnline that a vote to leave the EU will make it 'impossible' for the NHS to look after Britain's ageing population.

A group of 50 senior doctors intervened today to claim the NHS would be plunged into a recruitment crisis if Britain votes to leave the EU and they took a swipe at the official Vote Leave campaign for its 'discredited' claims that it could spend £350million a week on the NHS after a Brexit vote.

The economic shock of Brexit would 'only worsen the existing financial crisis' in the NHS, the doctors warned, concluding: 'It is Brexit that is the threat to the NHS, not our membership of the EU.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3640527/Doctor-knows-best-Don-t-trust-Brexiteers-best-NHS-doctors-warn-claim-leaving-EU-make-impossible-care-ageing-population.html

This guy posted some well researched Bull's about face which makes intersting reading. In particular take note of the PR company he's signed to, who represents it, and the YT clip he uploaded just one week after writing the NHS letter.

Barryd999 - 2019-07-02 4:44 PM

You have not been on here long so I will cut you a bit of slack but you need to start living up to your name which has the word "Funster" in it. Your not coming across as very funny. You have to get with the program and add a bit of drama on here otherwise its no "fun".

You could show me any businessman or captain of industry you like if you want that supports Brexit and especially the Kamikaze crash out kind we now seem to be heading towards and they will either have a vested interest of one kind or another if you drill down deep enough or they are indeed a moron. Its not being arrogant. Some of us have spent three years studying this while most Brexiteers just ran off and hid and buried their heads in the sand. for every "expert" or captain of industry you find supporting Brexit I bet I can find you a hundred that say its bonkers.

As for the public or the plebs as we sometimes call them on here they were just duped by the orchestrators, probably some of the people your now about to quote to me. Nobody likes to think they have been fed a load of horse sh1t and taken for mugs but if you or one of these "business men" can tell me how the good people of the North East for example where I grew up many of whom (the poorer ones mainly) voted to leave are going to be better off when they get hit by a 16% drop in the local economy which will pretty much wipe the region out in a no deal Brexit then ill join the Brexit Party and stick a Nigel Farage poster on my office wall.

Oh, you're going to 'cut me some slack'. Well, thank you. I can't tell you how grateful I am. My God, the arrogance.

Your reply also exemplifies the arrogance of which I spoke. Every captain of industry who wants us out of the EU has some sinister reason that you've discovered after 'drilling down' through the whole list? Yes, they have a reason, they believe that their companies will be more profitable without the interference of Brussels. I ask you again, JCB is one of Britain's most successful exporters. Why does Bamford believe that his firm will do better if we're out? What's his 'conspiracy theory' reason?

Your arrogance is also exemplified by the statement about you having spent three years studying this subject. So those incredibly intelligent politicians and businessmen who support Brexit haven't studied it? Of course not, they're all moron and numpties aren't they?

Your figures are all assumption, everything is assumption and guesswork based on what we hope and what kind of deals we can do after we leave. I believe that Britain will prosper but it's not only about economics. It's also about having total control of our border and or laws. It's about less red tape for business. But what do we know eh? The great Barry has studied this for three years. Get back in your corner Lord Bamford and recognise that you have no idea what's best for your company.

However, the main thrust of my first post in this thread wasn't about starting a debate about the pros and cons of Brexit and I won't comment further on that. It was about the arrogance and nasty invective that you and others display every time you post. For once in your life accept that others may have a view that is different from yours and there's a chance that they may well be right. Regrettably, your response to my post proved my point.

FunsterJohn - 2019-07-02 4:10 PM

Why does Bamford believe that his firm will do better if we're out? What's his 'conspiracy theory' reason?

I'll take a wild guess and suggest that it might be down to the fact that JCB was fined €39.6m (£35.5m) by the European commission in 2000 for antitrust breaches. Being prevented from operating a cartel is such a bind to the progressive business man.

Ms Rees Mogg complains that with six-figure salaries and expenses of over €50K a year, it's reasonable that MPs should buy their own tablet computers. But because she does so, she's 'thick as mince'.

I've no idea what sort of work you do or used to do but did it never occur to you there's a very good reason i'd have thought to be basic logic to most as why ipads are supplied in certain work environments.

Security.

They aren't there for playing daft games on or chatting on social media with friends. They are there for work purpose only much of which will involve private inter-departmental government business......hence the hue and cry when some high flying MP has left his/hers behind on a train or whatever.

Where i used to work Admin used intranet to communicate between departments and associated companies. In certain areas smartphones were banned, primarily for safety reasons but also security which was extremely tight. All staff were supplied with works computers, ipads and mobiles. As with the EU, that belonged to the company....not the individual.

Years ago these folk would have been given jotter pads and biro's but we've moved on a bit since then and in the tech age. Shock horror....they still get desks and chairs too.

Bulletguy - 2019-07-02 5:07 PM

1) Well, the bright ones amongst us know why he signed up. I thought it was pretty obvious.

2) And thank you for mentioning the €320 daily allowance for which he won't have to submit receipts. Good old EU eh? And the bright ones amongst know the reason for his complaining, which is nothing to do with any personal inconvenience.

3) But Dr David Bull is definitely a numpty. He's only an alumnus of Imperial College London, graduating with a Bachelor of Medicine degree, a Bachelor of Surgery degree (MBBS) and a first class Bachelor of Science honours degree (BSc) in 1993.

1) Very obvious. To cause as much trouble as possible and behave like petulant children. That much has been patently obvious to "the brighter ones among us" from the outset.

2) If like Farage they don't attend over half their work schedule then those expenses get docked by 50%.

3) He found working as an NHS Doctor too hard and never completed training to qualify as a GP. He hasn't held a licence to practice for 10 years. He once had fanciful ideas of becoming a movie star and swanned off to live in LA for a brief period but that didn't work out so ran back to UK where he pops up from time to time on daytime telly chat shows as "a Doctor". Oh, and he's also "bought and sold many properties all over UK" dontcha know.

Interestingly, Brexit Bull danced to a very different tune three years back. The article was carried by The Wail so will meet full approval of Brexiteers.

Three celebrity doctors have warned in a letter to MailOnline that a vote to leave the EU will make it 'impossible' for the NHS to look after Britain's ageing population.

A group of 50 senior doctors intervened today to claim the NHS would be plunged into a recruitment crisis if Britain votes to leave the EU and they took a swipe at the official Vote Leave campaign for its 'discredited' claims that it could spend £350million a week on the NHS after a Brexit vote.

The economic shock of Brexit would 'only worsen the existing financial crisis' in the NHS, the doctors warned, concluding: 'It is Brexit that is the threat to the NHS, not our membership of the EU.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3640527/Doctor-knows-best-Don-t-trust-Brexiteers-best-NHS-doctors-warn-claim-leaving-EU-make-impossible-care-ageing-population.html

This guy posted some well researched Bull's about face which makes intersting reading. In particular take note of the PR company he's signed to, who represents it, and the YT clip he uploaded just one week after writing the NHS letter.

Wow, he changed his mind about going into General Practice. How awful. And like many other people he's changed his mind about Brexit. But of course any Brexiteer who's changed his mind and now wants to remain is lauded by the likes of you, but do it the other way.......

And why do we need financial experts and businessmen to tell us about the advantages or perils of Brexit? Let's just leave the decision to a few medics eh?

I have to go out for the night but will say this before I do - I responded to you, not to discuss the pros and cons of Brexit, we might as well argue about religion, but about the arrogance and sheer nastiness of some Brexiteers, as exemplified by you and your chum. Why must you be so vile and so insulting and so slimy? Why are you unable to discuss things without descending into the gutter?

Finally, like me I know that some on here will be greatly amused by your link to the Daily Mail, a newspaper that you vilify as being lying trash, until of course you find an article in it that suits your view. Hilarious.

Fast Pat - 2019-07-02 5:26 PM

Why does Bamford believe that his firm will do better if we're out? What's his 'conspiracy theory' reason?

I'll take a wild guess and suggest that it might be down to the fact that JCB was fined €39.6m (£35.5m) by the European commission in 2000 for antitrust breaches. Being prevented from operating a cartel is such a bind to the progressive business man.

What has something that happened nineteen years ago got to do with his view that his company will be more successful if it isn't weighed down by the rules and regulations of the EU? Do you really believe that when we leave we're going to abandon all laws dealing with business regulation? Dear me.

Barryd999 - 2019-07-02 4:44 PM

Oh, you're going to 'cut me some slack'. Well, thank you. I can't tell you how grateful I am. My God, the arrogance.

Your reply also exemplifies the arrogance of which I spoke. Every captain of industry who wants us out of the EU has some sinister reason that you've discovered after 'drilling down' through the whole list? Yes, they have a reason, they believe that their companies will be more profitable without the interference of Brussels. I ask you again, JCB is one of Britain's most successful exporters. Why does Bamford believe that his firm will do better if we're out? What's his 'conspiracy theory' reason?

Your arrogance is also exemplified by the statement about you having spent three years studying this subject. So those incredibly intelligent politicians and businessmen who support Brexit haven't studied it? Of course not, they're all moron and numpties aren't they?

Your figures are all assumption, everything is assumption and guesswork based on what we hope and what kind of deals we can do after we leave. I believe that Britain will prosper but it's not only about economics. It's also about having total control of our border and or laws. It's about less red tape for business. But what do we know eh? The great Barry has studied this for three years. Get back in your corner Lord Bamford and recognise that you have no idea what's best for your company.

However, the main thrust of my first post in this thread wasn't about starting a debate about the pros and cons of Brexit and I won't comment further on that. It was about the arrogance and nasty invective that you and others display every time you post. For once in your life accept that others may have a view that is different from yours and there's a chance that they may well be right. Regrettably, your response to my post proved my point.

No of course you wont. You have avoided answering my questions in the short time you have been a member because you know full well that if you get into a "proper" debate you will get blown apart. Usually the answers in a debate with Brexiteers now end in either stupidity, refusing to comment further (yours) or more commonly just aggression and a massive flounce.

I see you have your trump card though which is the "believe" card. Always a good one that. If you just "believe" in Brexit it will work. Go and stand on Morcambe sands and will the tide not to come in, bound to work if you just "believe". (lol)

FunsterJohn - 2019-07-02 4:37 PM

1) Wow, he changed his mind about going into General Practice. How awful. And like many other people he's changed his mind about Brexit. But of course any Brexiteer who's changed his mind and now wants to remain is lauded by the likes of you, but do it the other way.......

2) And why do we need financial experts and businessmen to tell us about the advantages or perils of Brexit? Let's just leave the decision to a few medics eh?

3) I have to go out for the night but will say this before I do - I responded to you, not to discuss the pros and cons of Brexit, we might as well argue about religion, but about the arrogance and sheer nastiness of some Brexiteers, as exemplified by you and your chum. Why must you be so vile and so insulting and so slimy? Why are you unable to discuss things without descending into the gutter?

4) Finally, like me I know that some on here will be greatly amused by your link to the Daily Mail, a newspaper that you vilify as being lying trash, until of course you find an article in it that suits your view. Hilarious.

1) Not at all. In fact to quote a Tory Brexiteer (David Davis) "If a democracy cannot change it's mind it ceases to be a democracy" and he's right.....yet Brexiteers rail against that ("Enemies of the people" - remember that one?) based on what everyone now knows people may well vote very differently. But you aren't prepared to put that to the test are you?

Regards Bull specifically it's the reasons for his change i question which if you read through that series of articles linked in the Twitter timeline, you'd understand better.

2) What's your point?

3) You use terms such as "arrogance", "slimy", "vile and insulting" yet barnstormed into this forum little more than a week ago throwing your weight around making a beeline for me alone to vent your spleen in a most aggressive manner. First playing at 'grammar police' then 'thought police' believing you had the right to control every aspect of what i dared to post, even to the extent of making disparaging remarks simply because many years ago i had dared to exit a forum i was not willing to subscribe to. Control freakery gone mad would be an understatement but it was clear to me by then your intent was far from 'discussion' but more about authoritarianism. You mentioned about 'descending into the gutter' yet from the bile you spewed forth relentlessly, that's precisely where you'd dragged it down to and your above remarks show that.

4) I'm glad you found it 'amusing' to see that article linked to the Daily Wail. Had i posted the same from the Guardian or Observer it would have been met with the usual derision.

FunsterJohn - 2019-07-02 4:37 PM

Wow, he changed his mind about going into General Practice. How awful. And like many other people he's changed his mind about Brexit. But of course any Brexiteer who's changed his mind and now wants to remain is lauded by the likes of you, but do it the other way.......

And why do we need financial experts and businessmen to tell us about the advantages or perils of Brexit? Let's just leave the decision to a few medics eh?

I have to go out for the night but will say this before I do - I responded to you, not to discuss the pros and cons of Brexit, we might as well argue about religion, but about the arrogance and sheer nastiness of some Brexiteers, as exemplified by you and your chum. Why must you be so vile and so insulting and so slimy? Why are you unable to discuss things without descending into the gutter?

Finally, like me I know that some on here will be greatly amused by your link to the Daily Mail, a newspaper that you vilify as being lying trash, until of course you find an article in it that suits your view. Hilarious.

(lol) Well I Agree with you on that point, they can be nasty.

I think your a bit of a hypocrite. Bullet is right, you have weighed in on here as a newbie with the sole intention of targeting one member. Your not interested in debate your just as Bullet says trying to throw your weight about. Come back when you actually have something worthwhile to discuss.

Barryd999 - 2019-07-02 6:58 PM

No of course you wont. You have avoided answering my questions in the short time you have been a member because you know full well that if you get into a "proper" debate you will get blown apart. Usually the answers in a debate with Brexiteers now end in either stupidity, refusing to comment further (yours) or more commonly just aggression and a massive flounce.

I see you have your trump card though which is the "believe" card. Always a good one that. If you just "believe" in Brexit it will work. Go and stand on Morcambe sands and will the tide not to come in, bound to work if you just "believe". (lol)

Thanks for making my case again. Your arrogance is astounding. I don't want to argue the pros and cons of Brexit because it's pointless. I'm not going to change your mind because you in particular are the Brexit equivalent of a radicalised and brainwashed Islamist. No one who believes in Brexit can possibly be right despite many people, who are much more clever than you or me, sincerely believing that Britain can be more prosperous and more free than we are now. You only ever read the opinions that reinforces yours and you casually shrug off the views of leaders of huge businesses who, after consideration and research, want out of the EU.

If you really want a debate start with this - https://www.vox.com/2016/6/22/11992106/brexit-arguments

I can provide many example of pro-Brexit opinion but, as I said, it really is as pointless as trying to convince Ali Khamenei that Islam really isn't the only true religion.

In case you haven't worked it out yet my main complaint about Bulletguy in particular, is that he is the most obnoxious and nasty person I've ever come across. When he left Fun because he was too tight to fork out a tenner, there was a big sigh of relief.

Why can't you people argue your case without the vilest of slurs and insults? Why are you incapable of believing that others have a valid point of view? And why won't you respect democracy?

FunsterJohn - 2019-07-02 10:45 PM

Thanks for making my case again. Your arrogance is astounding. I don't want to argue the pros and cons of Brexit because it's pointless. I'm not going to change your mind because you in particular are the Brexit equivalent of a radicalised and brainwashed Islamist. No one who believes in Brexit can possibly be right despite many people, who are much more clever than you or me, sincerely believing that Britain can be more prosperous and more free than we are now. You only ever read the opinions that reinforces yours and you casually shrug off the views of leaders of huge businesses who, after consideration and research, want out of the EU.

If you really want a debate start with this - https://www.vox.com/2016/6/22/11992106/brexit-arguments

I can provide many example of pro-Brexit opinion but, as I said, it really is as pointless as trying to convince Ali Khamenei that Islam really isn't the only true religion.

In case you haven't worked it out yet my main complaint about Bulletguy in particular, is that he is the most obnoxious and nasty person I've ever come across. When he left Fun because he was too tight to fork out a tenner, there was a big sigh of relief.

Why can't you people argue your case without the vilest of slurs and insults? Why are you incapable of believing that others have a valid point of view? And why won't you respect democracy?

Wow! Your bizarre reference comparing me to a "radicalised and brainwashed Islamist." just makes you appear somewhat unhinged so Ill address the bits in bold.

You have no idea what I read. You dont even know me. You couldnt be more wrong. Im probably a member of more pro Brexit groups than I am remain ones. Keep your friends close but your enemies closer huh. B-)

"You really want a debate then start with this". Forget it. If the best you can produce is a three year old article with 7 Unicorn pro Brexit bullsh1t points then your right, there is no point in debating with you. All off that stuff was debunked years ago on here and pretty much everywhere. Are you sure you havent been asleep for three years?

And finally you accuse a member of being the "most obnoxious and nasty person I've ever come across" as you clearly have some kind of beef with Mr Bullet yet its actually YOU that is coming across as being obnoxious. Mind you I dont think you venture much further than FUN normally as regards social media as I bet its a bit of a comfort zone for you.

FunsterJohn - 2019-07-02 10:45 PM

You don't even know me though the feeling is mutual. As regards my departure from MH"Fun", as did many others incidentally, quite why that irks you so much only you will ever know, but if such "a big sigh of relief" when i left that forum (which was donkeys years ago).....why would anyone but the most manic obsessive suddenly go to the lengths you have after all these years to come diving in here spewing such relentless bile? Have you got a directorship over at MH "Fun" or has Jim offered you a bonus as chief axe grinder?

Birdbrain - 2019-07-03 5:59 AM

Got to say its quite shocking the wolves have turned on a new member ... Its not the first time either ... Disgraceful behaviour actually

Not really. Mr Funster came on here with one intention. To troll one of our members. Some of the comments he has made and one in particular to me are quite disturbing. He has lowered the tone of what is normally a "fun" and respectable forum (lol)

I would rather be having a civilised debate like the kind we are used to on here but it seems he wants to back away from that and just throw the mud around.

Barryd999 - 2019-07-03 12:49 AM

Wow! Your bizarre reference comparing me to a "radicalised and brainwashed Islamist." just makes you appear somewhat unhinged so Ill address the bits in bold.

You have no idea what I read. You dont even know me. You couldnt be more wrong. Im probably a member of more pro Brexit groups than I am remain ones. Keep your friends close but your enemies closer huh. B-)

"You really want a debate then start with this". Forget it. If the best you can produce is a three year old article with 7 Unicorn pro Brexit bullsh1t points then your right, there is no point in debating with you. All off that stuff was debunked years ago on here and pretty much everywhere. Are you sure you havent been asleep for three years?

And finally you accuse a member of being the "most obnoxious and nasty person I've ever come across" as you clearly have some kind of beef with Mr Bullet yet its actually YOU that is coming across as being obnoxious. Mind you I dont think you venture much further than FUN normally as regards social media as I bet its a bit of a comfort zone for you.

My comparison to radicalised Islamists was a metaphor and a very apt one too. Your mind is as closed to any opinion other than your own. You denigrate and insult anyone who disagrees with the true religion of Remain. Only your opinion is valid. The many intellectuals and business leaders who believe that Brexit can succeed are dismissed as cranks or as idiots.

Your certainty is exactly on a par with that of religious fanatics who brook no argument that their path is the only one.

As for my link, which points have been debunked? Your statement that they are all bullsh*t proves my point entirely! Everything is arguable and nothing is certain. Unless you're Barry999 when everyone else is an idiot.

This is the kind of report I like, https://www.theweek.co.uk/brexit-0 which coolly debates the pros and cons of Brexit and proves that there are intelligent people on either side who have very different views on the outcome of Brexit. The truth is that no one knows for certain whether we'll be damaged or whether Britain will prosper. What we do know though is that we'll be free to make our own choices without the interference and bullying from the EU. And what we also know is that the country voted and made a decision.

But what really sums up your arrogance is that when I said I saw no point in discussing Brexit with you, you were unable to see the sense behind that. Am I going to change your mind? Your immediate reaction was that I was opting out because I had no valid arguments. That is typical of you and many Remainers. Only you have the answers. For once in this entire Brexit debate, try considering that there are others who may be right and that you could be wrong. But from what you've displayed so far I see little hope of that.

Barryd999 - 2019-07-03 10:46 AM

Birdbrain - 2019-07-03 5:59 AM

Got to say its quite shocking the wolves have turned on a new member ... Its not the first time either ... Disgraceful behaviour actually

Not really. Mr Funster came on here with one intention. To troll one of our members. Some of the comments he has made and one in particular to me are quite disturbing. He has lowered the tone of what is normally a "fun" and respectable forum (lol)

I would rather be having a civilised debate like the kind we are used to on here but it seems he wants to back away from that and just throw the mud around.

A fun and respectable forum? Where people are likened to Nazis because they dared to show their displeasure with the EU? Where anyone who disagrees with the Remainers on here is insulted and denigrated? It's such a 'fun' forum that it now has a fraction of the posters that it had when I first started browsing it some years ago. This forum has been destroyed by you and your chums, one in particular. It now has about eight regular contributors and other members have said that they no longer come on this section because of the hostility. The contributions by Pelmetman and Birdbrain are often fun and mocking. The contributions by you and your chums are the opposite, nasty, superior and insulting to anyone outside the religion of Brexit. You've killed what was once a fun and respectable forum.

I'll leave you to it. It's dead as a dodo and will be unless you start to acknowledge that other people have valid opinions.

You seem to know a lot about the history of a forum you have only been a member of a week or so.

What you actually describe above is very much how I see many Brexiteers I am afraid. Brexit has become a cult for some where despite the huge amount of damming evidence staring you in the face as to the damage it will cause and is already causing it is actually YOU that will not listen to reason as it will all be hunky dory if you just "believe" it will.

I am totally open to discussion, debate and others views if only they would have that debate but like you say, you wont. Reasoned debate died some time ago with Brexiteers. Im off out shortly but if you want to enter into a discussion regarding the seven points you raised earlier from three years ago I will happily discuss that with you.

As for people leaving the forum and not debating anymore well that isnt just here. As far as Brexit is concerned in open debate forums the Brexiteers have left the building in the main across the entire social media platform unless you count the pro Brexit groups on Twitter and Facebook where they slap each other on the back and gradually get more and more angry. Take Digital Spy for instance. 60-70% Pro Brexit in 2016, now its the opposite, probably more. Its the same everywhere on open platforms.

They left the building not because they were bullied, its because they ran out of stuff to argue about and simply cannot justify Brexit to anyone but themselves anymore.

FunsterJohn - 2019-07-03 9:57 AM

Barryd999 - 2019-07-03 12:49 AM

My comparison to radicalised Islamists was a metaphor and a very apt one too. Your mind is as closed to any opinion other than your own. You denigrate and insult anyone who disagrees with the true religion of Remain. Only your opinion is valid. The many intellectuals and business leaders who believe that Brexit can succeed are dismissed as cranks or as idiots.

Your certainty is exactly on a par with that of religious fanatics who brook no argument that their path is the only one.

But what really sums up your arrogance is that when I said I saw no point in discussing Brexit with you, you were unable to see the sense behind that. Am I going to change your mind? Your immediate reaction was that I was opting out because I had no valid arguments. That is typical of you and many Remainers. Only you have the answers. For once in this entire Brexit debate, try considering that there are others who may be right and that you could be wrong. But from what you've displayed so far I see little hope of that.

You could easily be applying this to Brexiteers, particularly in the days leading up to and post referendum where their glee over their "win" was accompanied by much chest puffing, swaggering arrogance, and reminding Remain voters (that quickly got turned into 'Remoaner') of their place.

It's been said many times on numerous forums, 'not all Brexiteers are racist.....but racists voted Brexit', and that ugliness has persisted throughout.

Remain voters have just as much right as Brexit voters to argue their case, make comments, put their points forward etc without being told to shut up and go away. Ian Hislop best summed it up in this short clip from QT a month after the referendum;

Barryd999 - 2019-07-03 10:30 AM

You seem to know a lot about the history of a forum you have only been a member of a week or so.

There's quite a few, usually pbu's or trolls. Also an unusual amount of new members signing up is often a sign of multiple accounts on forums. ;-)

What you actually describe above is very much how I see many Brexiteers I am afraid. Brexit has become a cult for some where despite the huge amount of damming evidence staring you in the face as to the damage it will cause and is already causing it is actually YOU that will not listen to reason as it will all be hunky dory if you just "believe" it will.

I am totally open to discussion, debate and others views if only they would have that debate but like you say, you wont. Reasoned debate died some time ago with Brexiteers. Im off out shortly but if you want to enter into a discussion regarding the seven points you raised earlier from three years ago I will happily discuss that with you.

As for people leaving the forum and not debating anymore well that isnt just here. As far as Brexit is concerned in open debate forums the Brexiteers have left the building in the main across the entire social media platform unless you count the pro Brexit groups on Twitter and Facebook where they slap each other on the back and gradually get more and more angry. Take Digital Spy for instance. 60-70% Pro Brexit in 2016, now its the opposite, probably more. Its the same everywhere on open platforms.

They left the building not because they were bullied, its because they ran out of stuff to argue about and simply cannot justify Brexit to anyone but themselves anymore.

Very true about DS.

Barryd999 - 2019-07-03 10:30 AM

Princess look beyond the usual hate ... The respected member does say he started browsing Chatterbox some years ago ... Its not difficult if you can first look beyond who's posting ... Regards

Archived