Another Johnson U-turn

Bulletguy

A Manchester United footballer, Marcus Rashford, wrote an open letter to all MP's after Johnson rejected his campaign for free school meals. A Downing Street spokesman said children currently receiving free school meals in England will continue to do so when term ends, in a dramatic U-turn from the government.

In a piece for The Times today, Rashford urged MPs to set aside their political differences and back the measure. He said: ‘I am asking that all MPs in parliament put their rivalries aside and stand in solidarity on an issue that could prove detrimental to the stability of families across the country for generations to come. Help us break the cycle of hardship. ‘Please, do the right thing and extend the free food voucher scheme throughout the school summer holidays. Give our vulnerable families just one less thing to worry about.’

Apparently Rashford had a tough life as a young lad.....and hasn't forgotten.

https://tinyurl.com/y8ryjpks

Birdbrain - 2020-06-16 5:56 PM

One can only presume you both agree with Mr Rashford ... If so and our PM has listened to the people why are you attacking him ???

Had you read through the report you'd have seen Johnson was still intent on scrapping the school meals vouchers as late as yesterday. Rashford drew on his own personal experience of growing up in poverty with his mother struggling to feed her children, so mounted a campaign which quickly went viral resulting in yet another u-turn from Johnson today.

Unlike Rashford Johnson has never known poverty or had to worry where his next meal is coming from and his lack of empathy shows it. A 22 year old footballer gave Johnson a reality check and Therese Coffey has since deleted a number of her tweets.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/marcus-rashford-response-therese-coffey-mp-a4470096.html

Birdbrain - 2020-06-16 5:56 PM

One can only presume you both agree with Mr Rashford ... If so and our PM has listened to the people why are you attacking him ???

Not exactly - whilst we should be providing meals for needy children the economy can't really afford it.

In ay case, BoJo should have done it to start with if he was going to do it..

Problem is that the economy can't afford it because of the mess he's made of handling the pandemic, Brexit, and his £billionaire 'newspaper' owner chums domiciled in Her Majesty's Tax havens to avoid tax. :-S

rael - 2020-06-16 6:56 PM

I'm sure Rashford was thinking this, but apparently the twitter account is a fake!

This is the Twitter account with his logo. 2.8 million followers plus photos and interviews of him. I think if this was a fake account someone would have been in a lot of trouble long ago!

Bulletguy - 2020-06-16 8:04 PM

I'm sure Rashford was thinking this, but apparently the twitter account is a fake!

This is the Twitter account with his logo. 2.8 million followers plus photos and interviews of him. I think if this was a fake account someone would have been in a lot of trouble long ago!

The real account is:

@MarcusRashford

The fake, as above is

@MarcusRashforrd

Don't think he'd get into a spat with the Hopkins, she's not worth it!

rael - 2020-06-16 8:15 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-06-16 8:04 PM

The real account is:

@MarcusRashford

The fake, as above is

@MarcusRashforrd

Don't think he'd get into a spat with the Hopkins, she's not worth it!

Ah right that ones pretty subtle with just an extra 'r' in the name! The Katie Hatey spat came up as @X7R0NAN so an instant spot, yet Hopkins retweeted it! *-)

Birdbrain - 2020-06-16 6:36 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-06-16 6:30 PM

:-D

I dont want to pay for others kids either ... Whats your point Barry exactly

I could argue that I dont want to pay for yours or anyone else's kids to have a free education but I do. I dont have kids but I still pay for others kids to go to school. The point is I dont mind paying for kids in poverty to be fed for free. Its the right thing to do.

Barryd999 - 2020-06-16 10:23 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-06-16 6:36 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-06-16 6:30 PM

:-D

I dont want to pay for others kids either ... Whats your point Barry exactly

I could argue that I dont want to pay for yours or anyone else's kids to have a free education but I do. I dont have kids but I still pay for others kids to go to school. The point is I dont mind paying for kids in poverty to be fed for free. Its the right thing to do.

Good for you princess

Birdbrain - 2020-06-16 6:43 PM

As I thought ... The haters just want to hate ... Shame on them

I know I should ignore your trolling, so will probably regret asking.

But how can you interpret wanting to provide hungry children with food, as hate *-)

Or is it just your stock reply to everything you disagree with?

Guest pelmetman

Dumb Dumb & Poo Dumper are this forums Number 1 & Number 2 biggest haters (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

John52 - 2020-06-17 7:28 AM

But how can you interpret wanting to provide hungry children with food, as hate *-)

Quite, and yes the right whingers are angry because Rashford is proof almost everything they believe, is wrong. Johnson phoned Rashford to congratulate him for his campaign, effectively saying 'thanks for persuading me to change my mind'! Seems the right whingers are ok with Johnson spaffing £100 million up the wall on silly Brexit "get ready" tv adverts......but throw a hissy about the same amount being used to provide school meal vouchers for children of those in need, ironically some parents of whom may well be Brexit voters themselves!

John52 - 2020-06-17 7:28 AM

Chuckle ... The "hate" has nothing to do with feeding children ... The hate comes from you and ya friend who even though the PM has shifted his position on this matter and done what you want still gets your hate ... He cant win ... You hate when he does and you hate when he doesnt , yet its me with the "trolling" problem ??? ... Go figure sweet cheeks

Birdbrain - 2020-06-17 6:19 PM

the PM has shifted his position on this matter and done what you want still gets your hate

He should have done it before he was forced.

£900k to paint his plane and he begrudges meal vouchers for hungry kids,

Same old tories :-S

Birdbrain - 2020-06-17 6:38 PM

If only Carling did a free meal ticket it would be the best free meal ticket in the world ... https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/asda-abused-school-meal-vouchers-4127212

So BoJo's government has made it difficult for key workers by not printing it clearly on the voucher what it can be spent on.

Of course some people will abuse the benefit system if its badly run.

The answer is to run it properly.

Not stop benefits.

John52 - 2020-06-17 7:23 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-06-17 6:19 PM

the PM has shifted his position on this matter and done what you want still gets your hate

He should have done it before he was forced.

£900k to paint his plane and he begrudges meal vouchers for hungry kids,

Same old tories :-S

So you dont deny the hate ... Thanks , proves my point perfectly

Archived