Another Johnson lie

Bulletguy

Johnson who back in 2015 said he would "lie in front of bulldozers" to stop runway 3 being built at Heathrow has gone strangely quiet after saying parliament approved it (he ran off to Afghanistan to avoid voting on it), and Leadsom said he'd changed his mind since!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/heathrow-expansion-boris-johnson-third-runway-bulldozers-climate-change-a8963241.html

The only time he did lie in front of some bulldozers was at JCB a few months ago when a news reporter asked him about his err......lies.

pelmetman - 2019-06-19 3:36 PM

I'm still voting Boris :D .........

Yes of course.

Johnson's Misdirection, Obfuscation / Deception / Lies etc are the only way to get Brexit and the Tories re-elected.

Thats why they all want him - to keep their cushy jobs, maintain the housing crisis to the benefit of landlords, and keep the EU out of their tax havens..

Not going to win an election by telling the truth is he

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-06-20 7:53 AM

Yes of course.

Johnson's Misdirection, Obfuscation / Deception / Lies etc are the only way to get Brexit and the Tories re-elected.

Thats why they all want him - to keep their cushy jobs, maintain the housing crisis to the benefit of landlords, and keep the EU out of their tax havens..

As a landlord I have more faith in Boris preventing a housing crisis B-) .........

Where as Corbyn would deffo precipitate one by causing us landlords to sell up before he forced us to accept unfair rental contracts, or to sell to our tenants for peanuts 8-) ..............

I've never been a Tenant or a Landlord..

But there are more Tenants than Landlords so Tories need Boris's Misdirection and Deception to get some Tenants votes. Restricting the supply whilst stoking up demand and house prices with taxpayer subsidies described as 'Help to Buy' etc *-)

pelmetman - 2019-06-20 8:10 AM

Yes of course.

As a tax dodging "landlord" I have more faith in Boris preventing a housing crisis B-) .........

Sorted that for you. Btw does your family member you take money from have a rent book?

Where as Corbyn would deffo precipitate one by causing us landlords to sell up before he forced us to accept unfair rental contracts, or to sell to our tenants for peanuts 8-) ..............

You mean how Thatcher sold off the nations social housing stock, much of which ended up in the hands of her capitalist chums? And how the current government are forcing elderly private home owners in need of care to hand over their properties to fund it.

Bulletguy - 2019-06-20 11:02 AM

And how the current government are forcing elderly private home owners in need of care to hand over their properties to fund it.

I thought it was the councils doing that - although it may be forced on them by the Government cutting funding to poorer councils whilst throwing money at their Royal Tory Borough (Richest in the Country) so they don't have to pay the compensation for their Grenfell.

But, to be fair, should hard working people who can't afford their own home be paying taxes so others can inherit a second property the have not earned?

I'm more concerned about the Government handing planning decisions to local Nimbys to restrict housing supply. Creating a rent-extracting economy masquerading as free enterprise.

John52 - 2019-06-20 11:52 AM

And how the current government are forcing elderly private home owners in need of care to hand over their properties to fund it.

I thought it was the councils doing that - although it may be forced on them by the Government cutting funding to poorer councils whilst throwing money at their Royal Tory Borough (Richest in the Country) so they don't have to pay the compensation for their Grenfell.

But, to be fair, should hard working people who can't afford their own home be paying taxes so others can inherit a second property the have not earned?

I'm more concerned about the Government handing planning decisions to local Nimbys to restrict housing supply. Creating a rent-extracting economy masquerading as free enterprise.

Yes it is though government set the funding and requirements they have to work to. I don't quite follow your second point though John? My choice from the start was either go rented and spend everything i earned, or buy private, live frugally and make savings. I chose the latter route which only now i'm beginning to feel i'd have been better off frittering my money away living a life on never ending perma-credit to fund flash expensive cars and motorhomes.

£23k may seem like a large amount of money but fact is that's the max threshold. Anything above and beyond that and you can forget any benefit or credit entitlements because you've got "too much" money. £23k might just about scrape 23 weeks in a council care home. So that's how folk in private home ownership end up losing their home if they have to go into care.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-06-20 10:16 AM

But there are more Tenants than Landlords so Tories need Boris's Misdirection and Deception to get some Tenants votes. Restricting the supply whilst stoking up demand and house prices with taxpayer subsidies described as 'Help to Buy' etc *-)

If Corbyn gets in supply will disappear overnight :-| ..........

Guest pelmetman

pelmetman - 2019-06-20 8:10 AM

Yes of course.

As a tax dodging "landlord" I have more faith in Boris preventing a housing crisis B-) .........

Sorted that for you. Btw does your family member you take money from have a rent book?

Those accusations are really quite libelous ;-) .........

As for our tenants we've never met them, they were vetted by our agent ............and we got to chose from 3 families of the dozen who wanted it :D ........

Bulletguy - 2019-06-20 10:41 PM

£23k may seem like a large amount of money

To many of those paying taxes to fund someone else's care its probably more money than they have ever had in their lives. Why would someone living in a care home need more? They should not be concerned with how long it covers their fees because when their assets drop below that level the council takes over.

My siblings and I did not want our mother bunged in some cheap care home at someone else's expense so we could have her house. We put her in a nice home, and covered ther shortfall between ourselves as the proceeds of her home didn't cover it.

pelmetman - 2019-06-21 8:42 AM

So if Corbyn gets in all the UK housing stock will disappear overnight *-)

folk in private home ownership end up losing their home if they have to go into care.

But if they go into care home, the care home becomes their home.

Why would they need another?

Sounds like moving house and expecting the taxpayer to pay for the new house. So that they, or rather their beneficiaries, can cash in on the old one. :-D

John52 - 2019-06-21 1:42 PM

folk in private home ownership end up losing their home if they have to go into care.

But if they go into care home, the care home becomes their home.

Why would they need another?

Sounds like moving house and expecting the taxpayer to pay for the new house. So that they, or rather their beneficiaries, can cash in on the old one. :-D

Here is an example of what i'm saying;

I own my property outright and sole owner/occupier (becomes very different if married or with partner). If in the future i need to go into a care home, my property is used to pay for that service.

A friend of mine, also single, lives rented. If he needs to go into a care home it will be provided foc. Like me he also worked full time and paid tax. Other than buying brand new cars on finance every few years, i've no idea what he did with his money. Apart from that the only thing which differs between us is property. We've both been taxpayers but his entitlement is totally different to mine as a home owner.

Both of us are allowed a max £23k savings as is everybody else. But it would take me much longer than him to drop below the £23k threshold than him because of the collateral which would be used from my property.

Bulletguy - 2019-06-21 5:13 PM

A friend of mine, also single, lives rented..... i've no idea what he did with his money.

Probably spent more on rent than you spent on your house?

Millions in the gig economy have no choice but to rent, often from rogue landlords. Generation rent will never afford their own home. Its one thing to ask them to pay taxes to fund the care of someone who can't pay for themselves. But takes it to another level when you ask them to pay for someone's care home so they can keep their old home empty until their beneficiary inherits a second home they have not earned.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-06-21 1:40 PM

pelmetman - 2019-06-21 8:42 AM

So if Corbyn gets in all the UK housing stock will disappear overnight *-)

The rental market will disappear as renting becomes no longer viable, I also suspect a lot of tenants will be given notice to quit :-| .........

Thus Corbyn will cause the worst housing crisis this country has ever seen 8-) .........

John52 - 2019-06-22 8:06 AM

Bulletguy - 2019-06-21 5:13 PM

A friend of mine, also single, lives rented..... i've no idea what he did with his money.

Probably spent more on rent than you spent on your house?

Certainly when it comes to rent vs mortgage....but by the same token ongoing maintenance for owner/occupier is their responsibility where for rented it's the landlords. Income wise he was on the same level as me so could easily have applied for a mortgage but just never wanted to so it wasn't a matter of 'affordability'.

pelmetman - 2019-06-22 8:47 AM

The rental market will disappear as renting becomes no longer viable, I also suspect a lot of tenants will be given notice to quit :-| .........

So then what do you think will happen to all the houses *-)

A cautionary tale for those who fall for scammers pretending they can hide their assets for them - so they can plead poverty to evade paying their own care home fees. As you can see they tend to come in for derision and ridicule on financial forums, with a serve-you-right attitude. https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4935458 Police don't seem very interested either. Although jumping to the end of that long-winded thread - that particular scammer was eventually tracked down. He got 8 months in jail - not for hiding the assets because thats what he promised. The 8 months is for 'forgetting' where he put the £25 million plus that he scammed. *-)

Maybe the 2 months he will serve will give him time to remember where he put it so he can enjoy it when he gets out ....

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-06-23 12:05 PM

The housing market will crash......along with the rest of the UK economy *-) ........

pelmetman - 2019-06-23 2:44 PM

The housing market will crash......along with the rest of the UK economy *-) ........

Like Boris, you have just answered a question you have not been asked.

I did not ask what would happen to house prices.

I asked what would happen to the houses.

I'll try and make it even simpler for you.

Are the landlords going to maintain the houses unoccupied *-)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-06-23 4:02 PM

pelmetman - 2019-06-23 2:44 PM

Like Boris, you have just answered a question you have not been asked.

I did not ask what would happen to house prices.

I asked what would happen to the houses.

I'll try and make it even simpler for you.

Are the landlords going to maintain the houses unoccupied *-)

Nope they'll try to sell them which will prolly precipitate a house price crash.........which in turn will add to the economic woes caused by the "Corbyn Crash" 8-) ............

Archived