Another bad day for Johnson

Bulletguy

Tory MP for Bury South, Christian Wakeford has defected to Labour.

His resignation letter to Johnson he wrote he was “incapable of offering the leadership and government this country deserves” and went on to say, “the policies of the Conservative government that you lead are doing nothing to help the people of my constituency and indeed are only making the struggles they face on a daily basis worse”.

“Sadly, both you and the Conservative party as a whole have shown themselves incapable of offering the leadership and government this country deserves.”

Wakeford said he was in “no doubt” his constituents would be best served “by my joining a party that genuinely has their interests at heart”, and admitted he had “wrestled with my conscience for many months”.

Obviously a man with a moral backbone finally taking a stand against Johnsons criminality and corruption.

https://tinyurl.com/2p9n647f

And then David Davis MP tells Johnson "you've sat there too long, in the name of God just go". :-D

https://tinyurl.com/5369b55x

Well much as I'm pleased to see the Tories squirming, personally I'm disappointed that Keir Starmer welcomed an anti-BLM, climate-change denying, pro-tax dodging Tory MP onto the Labour benches.

The guy has a majority of less than 400, is a career politician and only a month ago described the Labour Party as "a bunch of c#%@s". This move shows all that is wrong with British politics.

Maybe Christian Wakeford crossing the floor was a Tory ploy? All its done (according to Newsnight) is rally the Tory troops. The rebels are now wondering what to do and it will now be down to what Sue Grays report says which we know will be a whitewash. So unbelievably its more than possible Johnson will get to live another day. If that is allowed to happen then our political system and democracy is truly broken.

Guest pelmetman
If he's got any moral backbone he'll stand down and allow a byelection, so that his voters can decide whether they want a turncoat as a MP *-) ............

pelmetman - 2022-01-20 9:05 AM

If he's got any moral backbone he'll stand down and allow a byelection, so that his voters can decide whether they want a turncoat as a MP *-) ............

He doesn't have to. The electorate of Bury voted for him, not the party. Next time you go to a polling booth have a look at that little piece of paper you put your X on.

However the country would be delighted to see the Nasty Party get another trouncing. (lol)(lol)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2022-01-20 2:55 PM

pelmetman - 2022-01-20 9:05 AM

If he's got any moral backbone ........................................

He's already proved he has by leaving Johnsons gang.

:-|

Nah .......He thinks Starmers a Llama (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.1ade038fb780f97153be8e0c995a0f51.jpg

Archived