Any Crusaders out there

Wingpete

I think I could be prepared to join the Crusaders to settle a few old scores regarding people using religion to hide a discriminatory dictatorship, e.g Sudan. Gen Gordon was right to punish them, but lack of support from UK Govmt let him down, and history is repeating itself once more.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wingpete - 2007-11-30 4:49 PM

I think I could be prepared to join the Crusaders to settle a few old scores regarding people using religion to hide a discriminatory dictatorship, e.g Sudan. Gen Gordon was right to punish them, but lack of support from UK Govmt let him down, and history is repeating itself once more.

And there's me thinking it was a spear between the ribs that let him down

All I can say is God help us when we all name a baby doll 'Jesus'for the Nativity plays. If, of course, the P.C. brigade still allow such a thing. (Is there anything better than seeing ones children/grandchildren dressed out in a sheet singing 'Away in a Manger'??

Regards Mike

Maybe the answer is not to get involved with all these countries. Their populations seem quite content with their beliefs and customs.

After all we don't like our way of life being changed by 'outsiders'.

If I was a teacher I would certainly think twice about going there.

Well..........when the oil runs out we can nuke the lot of them. Starting with Saudi Arabia. That's if their mate Ossama doesn't get us first. (lol)

Maybe, just maybe, the amswer lies in not trying to force the cultures of other non-european countries to match exactly with ours.

And maybe also in not tarring every citizen of such a country with the same huge-generalisation-brush.

Other cultures are more religious than that of the UK nowadays.

Seems to me that that is their right, if they so decide.

When you go to another culture, you chould m,ake every effort to understand that culture, and obey its laws, not simply apply your own moral/religious values.

It was not too long ago that hundreds of thousands of people in Britain and abroad were being murdered by British people as a result of the religious zealots among Christian British people.

BGD - 2007-11-30 8:38 PM

Maybe, just maybe, the amswer lies in not trying to force the cultures of other non-european countries to match exactly with ours.

And maybe also in not tarring every citizen of such a country with the same huge-generalisation-brush.

Other cultures are more religious than that of the UK nowadays.

Seems to me that that is their right, if they so decide.

When you go to another culture, you chould m,ake every effort to understand that culture, and obey its laws, not simply apply your own moral/religious values.

It was not too long ago that hundreds of thousands of people in Britain and abroad were being murdered by British people as a result of the religious zealots among Christian British people.

My history isn't too good so perhaps you could tell me when it was that hundreds of thousands of people were killed by British Christians. "Not too long ago" suggests that, well, it wasn't too long ago! But I can't remember it in my lifetime and I'm fifty now.

The 'Irish Troubles' spring to mind (1915 onwards) The 'Christian' Britsh Army killed in the name of Empire for 200 + years but I would not have thought that was a conflict of religion, merely imperial expansion. (I am of the opinion the world was a better place when the 'sun did not set etc etc')

Regards Mike

Seems to me that they call their own children Mohammed so its one rule for them another for others . Double fanatical standards surely they could see that this woman intends to do good by their country teaching their children .Well that will teach her wont it .

Yes Mike, our ancestors did many terrible things. Whether in the name of Christianity or Imperialism. Those days are long gone and we have moved on. So now, as we try to make peace with the world, why are we subjected to such hatred from many parts of the globe? should they not move on too?

Vic, do not know if they were really 'terrible things'. Some folk may think so but after all we did educate and bring laws to most of the world. If we did not then other European countries did!. Perhaps that is why we are hated know, either because we imperialised them and they did not like it, or, perhaps they regret 'kicking' us out and now feel guilty!!!

Regards Mike

Rhodesia is a classical example. A rich country under the control of the late Ian Smith. Destroyed by the dictator installed in the name of so called 'freedom' of the state. I suppose we did give so much to these countries, but, we also took much. We reaped, and sowed and saw the final destruction of our efforts.

Until we arrived and "helped a certain country it had

A great gold reserve

A thriving export market

Supplied its citizens with all their food requirements

World leading silk factories

When we had finnished helping them they had

No gold reserves

No export markets

No home grown food supplies

No silk industries

That country is INDIA.

Yes we certainly have given these countries a lot, a lot of trouble

Looks like time to pull up the drawbridge.

Let tribalism reign where our culture is not welcomed

Give the immigrants from those countries return tickets to where ?

Would it be

Africa

India

China

Oceana ( once known as NZ.OZ South Pacific)

Maybe even

Rome

Egypt

Denmark

France

Scotland

Anglia

Kernow

or maybe Kent !

All immigrants from places that exported peoples of all kinds.

"Maybe its because I'm a Londoner, that I love London Town "

Boadica had the right ideas. Kepp them out.

Archived