Any one going to the Malvern Show.

Hymer C 9.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking of visiting Carol...as its my first show I'm not quite sure what to expect. Thought I'd see the show and then move on to Welsh Wales for a few days.

I'd take the motor bike & trailer as I'll be moving on afterwards to Wales. Will they charge me an excessive amount accordingly ? Whats the band like ?

And I shall be there .... and from Janine's posting above, since old enough to be her mother, I shall be vetting any man that comes within two feet of her ..... AND PETER don't you dare say two feet is only just about long enough to keep her safe from you ;-)

bob b - 2008-06-25 12:04 AM

I was thinking of visiting Carol...as its my first show I'm not quite sure what to expect. Thought I'd see the show and then move on to Welsh Wales for a few days.

I'd take the motor bike & trailer as I'll be moving on afterwards to Wales. Will they charge me an excessive amount accordingly ? Whats the band like ?

Hi Bob, not a bad show to start with as it is not to big, and the entertainment is usually good, I am sure at the show there is no extra charge for motorbike but will say on the booking form. It seems like a good place to start exploring that part of Wales from we are haveing a tour around after the show as well.

When we have a idea who is going we shall probably sort out to meet upwith anyone off the forum who wants to. Carol. :-)

Carol, Gav and others, if you go into the Shows forum there is already a section on us all meeting up and a list of people going. It will be lovely to see you all.

So, do I take my gear? I didn't realise we all walk round wearing it ... just hope the rain clears up ... somehow pink flowered wellies won't look quite right will it 8-)

When is it?

Just been on the malvern show ground website and a Country & Western show is not listed.

A Searchers and Who tribute band events are tho'

Could be fun

Not a huge fan of C&W - but like all shows it is the atmosphere that is the realy enjoyable thing.

After all I am a regular at the Land Rover show at Billing - and you should here us sing after a few pints!

Clive and all, See the following:

QUOTE: There will be about 25 people meeting up and there will be more women than men! We intend to meet at Upton-upon-Severn car park at 10.30 a.m. on the Thursday morning. As you may be aware we need to arrive together if we want to park together which is what we all want. If for any reason, you go to the Showground without us then all you need do is ask any of the MMM team where we are they should know. George & Val are our neighbours and I will let them know where we are camped. We look forward to meeting you. END OF QUOTE:

Yep - We will be there.

:-D

Not sure why the price has gone through the roof this year though compared to last. (?)

Must be some great entertainment on ?

Worth it though.

Have been to the last two at Malvern and had a great time at both. (lol)

Good for the kids too B-)

• 3 weeks later...
I have had a look on the other Malvern show thread, and there does not seem to be anything there about those who want to meet up, our tickets have arrived and we are camping with the MCC, I see some are travelling with another group, so lets sort out those who want to meet up a time in the 7 hall or any other suggestions, if any one is in the MCC section you should spot us we have 2 camels and a bull transfer on the back. Cheers Carol.

Hi Carol, don't know if this of any use to you... biut I may have already sent it :-S It was a message I received.

Latest update:

There are 25 of us confirmed and possibly two others being Roger & Kathleen who are in Greece at the moment.

Trevor & Sue Devon

Jeanette and Brian Devon

Janine Shropshire

George & Sheila West Midlands

Joy & Ron Tonbridge Wells

Dave & Carole Yorkshire

Chris & John Chigwell

Brian & Caroline (more than likely) Lincolnshire

Colin & Mary Salisbury

Pat & Jean Shropshire

Brian & Lyn Tunbridge Wells * Brian is doing fine!

Joy North West

Gareth & Julie Cambridgeshire

We need to arrive at the Showground earlier this year as the field we were in was rather overgrown! Suggest this time we meet at the

Upton upon Severn carpark at

10.30 a.m. leaving at 10.45 a.m.

We will then drive in convoy for the next 3 miles or so to the Showground. This will mean a very early start the Thursday morning or drive up/down on the Wednesday and camp overnight somewhere. There are a lot of 'commons' around Malvern or even in the quarries on the hills where you could 'wild camp' if you're that way inclined. I'll leave that to you. Call me if you would like further information. If you are coming down from the North and you want a relatively safe place to park then:-

Come off M5 at Worcester Exit 7

A4440

Then over the river and at the next roundabout take the A449 signposted Malvern

Through Powick down the hill past the pub Halfway House

Up the hill and when on the strait you will see a layby on your right.

It is well shielded by trees and a good place to par up

(we have stayed there)

Tomorrow (Saturday) we are off to Kidderminster for 8 weeks so use mobile if you need to contact us. Otherwise we will see you at the layby or at Upton carpark.

Hymer C 9. - 2008-07-19 12:19 PM

... you should spot us we have 2 camels and a bull transfer on the back. Cheers Carol.

Where do you transport the camels then Carol? I have enough of a problem transporting my dogs, I don't know how you get the camels to stay still in transit to stop them getting the hump! :D

Archived