Anyone claim ownership

Geof  Angi

Guest Tracker

Thanks fellas - but that one is far too good for my budget.

However I did have several CF based vans in the past and have had to repair or replace virtually every component and panel at one time or another and it brings back some wonderful memories of iced up carbs, brake failure on the pass of the cattle, clutch cable breaking at Lochalsh, starter failure at Wellingborough, tyre bursting on the M6, battery failure at Calstock, headlight failure on the M1 at night and best of all - fuel pump failure in the Lion enclosure at Longleat resulting in an undignified tow out by the rangers!

Good job I carried spares ans was able to sort out all of those issue myself - oh the good old days eh!

Tracker - 2009-06-10 9:39 AM

... fuel pump failure in the Lion enclosure at Longleat resulting in an undignified tow out by the rangers!

So you were also daft enough to take your motorhome into Longleat and no doubt the monkey enclosure ...did they nick anything off it or did you break down before you got there? We lost some window surround rubber as the little s*ds worked out how to pull it off and went lolloping around with it ... problem was, it was a hire van! 8-)

Guest Tracker
Mel B - 2009-06-10 7:33 PM

Tracker - 2009-06-10 9:39 AM

... fuel pump failure in the Lion enclosure at Longleat resulting in an undignified tow out by the rangers!

So you were also daft enough to take your motorhome into Longleat and no doubt the monkey enclosure ...did they nick anything off it or did you break down before you got there? We lost some window surround rubber as the little s*ds worked out how to pull it off and went lolloping around with it ... problem was, it was a hire van! 8-)

Oh yes Mel - the little buggers had the wipers, screen wash jets and broke the radio aerial - but as I had spare wipers and washers that did not matter!

Oh yes and we also had a radiator fail in Kent, gear stick came out at a busy roundabout in Warminster and probably a few more 'interesting' episodes over the 12 years or so that we owned several CF based vans.

But that is what memories are made of innt!

Archived