Anyone doing the Goose Fair, or done it.

MandyAndy

We are going this weekend with the CCC just wondered what it was like and if anyone else had been with good or bad feedback .

The Rally is in the Scout Camp up the road, must a quite a way as they have organised buses to get us too and from, so should be ok with the noise. They have a heap of things in the Rally field itself judging by the write up in the Notts DA section.

thanks to anyone who replies

And Howie it says goose fair not step :->

Mandy

Hi Hunny Bunny, We are going all booked into the Rally field , I was just wondering if anyone else on here was also going. It is a huge event that Notts DA organises every year.

I just hoped someone on here had been there, done that, but maybe not so I will have to come back and report my findings.

Oh yes Howie Kettering isn't that near Nottingham, but not that far so will let you off.

Mandy

Myself/brother & another hard nut went to the do in 1970s they had & still do ( i believe ) have bare nuckle fighing/wrestling matches where they challenge the punters to go 3 rounds with them. We did & the police were called when we won the prize money as they wouldn't cough up, then there was a heavy tinker present & con merchants the police then had white helmets then so we could dodge them easily. Them days we didnt give a dam for out & feared of nout.  

Forester - 2007-10-03 1:51 PM

Myself/brother & another hard nut went to the do in 1970s they had & still do ( i believe ) have bare nuckle fighing/wrestling matches where they challenge the punters to go 3 rounds with them. We did & the police were called when we won the prize money as they wouldn't cough up, then there was a heavy tinker present & con merchants the police then had white helmets then so we could dodge them easily. Them days we didnt give a dam for out & feared of nout.  

If your,e such a hard nut Chopper how come you always disappear when that thug Mel has a go at us leaving me to sort things out on my own. 8-)

hi we live in nottingham i used to love goose fair as a kid but hate even dread the thought of going now, jam packed solid, cant get in or out cant here yourself think or the kids, being pushed about, and on top of all that god damn expensive, hope you have a good time with the other million

ps probably be there friday

Archived