Apologies.

Guest starspirit

Guest starspirit

I hereby apologise to Mr Frank Wilkinson for winding him up, including several occasions when I did not intend winding him up.

Richard.

I hereby apologise to Ms Maureen Webber for making unwanted advances after she asked me to pop round and check that her down pipe was still functioning properly. Her request was entirely misunderstood and all that was required was to remove some leaves and other debris from the guttering.

I did, inside and out Richard.

I hearby apologise to Granville Prosser for putting a french letter in his bacon sandwich and then telling him that his mother should cut the rind of the bacon after it stretched about a yard before springing back and catching him in the eye. This happened when we both apprentices, but the guilt lingers on.

Guest starspirit

I don't think that it is fair for people to use this thread as a joke when I am trying to be nice to someone who I have deeply offended.

All you are doing is devaluing my gesture of goodwill which in turn may lead me to make a different gesture, but not of goodwill.

John H - 2007-03-03 6:25 PM

Was it a used one Howie? I bet he thought is was strange that his mother had put mayonnaise on his bacon butty.

John.

While we all enjoy a joke John, only two additives are accepted re. bacon sarneys. For real men its brown sauce, and for wimps its tomato ketchup, but never mayonnaise.

I hearby apologise to Helena Eggleton for taking advantage of her naivety by convincing her that manual manipulation would increase the size of her rather small knockers, when if truth be told this was simply a ploy to satisfy my own juvinile gratification. Again the guilt lingers with me still.

:'(

Guest Frank Wilkinson

Richard, I am sorry for a delay but I’ve been away for a day and a half and have not been ignoring you. My response is lengthy but I want to make some points once and for all and I hope that this will explain why I blew up at you recently. So, here we go!

Thank you for your apology, which I accept in the spirit that I hope that it was given but it is actually totally unnecessary because my reaction to you this time was nothing to do with you winding me up. After a previous row I completely kept away from engaging with you for nearly a month, during which time you continually made little digs at me in threads that had nothing whatsoever to do with me or our previous row. I’ll just give one example so that I’m not once again accused of invention.

Vixter’s Other Half asked for contributions to her forthcoming birthday and many people posted poems etc. I was immediately reminded of one of my favourite operatic arias, the last line of which is ‘….. with a glory of golden hair’, which I thought particularly apposite for Vixter. I spent ages listening to the CD so that I had the words right and wrote them down before pasting the aria into my post.

Your contribution, immediately after mine, was a poem, which actually wasn’t all that bad but you just had to say something along the lines of “Here’s my contribution, it’s not that brilliant, but a least it’s all my own work”. Why I wondered, did you need to pollute what was basically a happy thread, to which I’d gone to a load of trouble to contribute, with another little dig at me which was inarguably implying that mine wasn’t all my own work and somehow less worthy.

It was constant snipes like that, that eventually caused me to blow up and have a right go at you.

That was when we were both threatened with a ban and I have to say that, since then, you haven’t made any digs at me whatsoever, for which I am grateful, and I hope that it continues.

So, now on to the last spat.  As I said,  I don’t actually believe that the comment to which I reacted was posted by you to wind me up  or draw me out, but that it was just another example of  the implication that ‘tuggers’ and even worse ‘CC tuggers’ are a lower form of life.

I’ve already quoted a couple of your previous comments along those lines and I’ll just mention one other, which is not yours, but which is typical of the attitude shown by a minority of motorhomers.

During one of your little chats with Howie, he mentioned that he was going into hospital for a minor surgical procedure and that “Unlike wimps and CC tuggers” he was going to have it without sedation. This drew no reaction from you or some of the other eminent members of these forums.

I was appalled – this simple comment obviously revealed a visceral loathing of caravanners, but why?

Do some of you think that because we aren’t committed to cosy camp sites that we are somehow pioneering and adventurous and that people who tow are some kind of cowardly wimps? People tow for other reasons. One is financial because many families cannot afford a separate vehicle and others because they prefer having a car, which allows them more flexibility in exploring hard to reach places. In some respects ‘tuggers’ are braver! Towing and reversing a caravan is a skilled procedure, not like driving a nice car-like motorhome. 

Of course the reply will come back that it’s only humour! Well, I’m sorry, but if one of my friends constantly makes denigrating remarks about Blacks or Jews then I think that I can be forgiven for thinking that, deep down somewhere, they dislike or even hate Blacks or Jews.

So there you have it Richard. I did not have a go at you because you were winding me up. I had a go at you because you once again had a surreptitious go at ‘tuggers’ and I have to say that if other people attack ‘tuggers’ or any other group, I’ll be inclined to have another go. You are totally free to express disdain for a certain category of people and of course I am free to defend them.

So finally, and to reiterate, thank you for your apology, which was unnecessary. I am pleased that you have not actually been ‘Having a go’ at me or ‘winding me up’. I don’t think that you have done that for some time and long may it continue.

Guest starspirit

Thanks Frank.

I do not feel it appropriate to reply individually and in depth to your comments because it is time to draw a line under the past except to say, for the last time I hope;-

1 I do not have any hatred or dislike of tuggers, CC members, or of anyone else - but I do enjoy a friendly winding up of them as they do of me at times.

2 I do not agree with some of the points you raised, but do not wish to respond.

4 I do not hate or even dislike Frank Wilkinson.

5 I do not hate the CC in general - but I do reserve the right to point out their shortcomings as I see them.

6 I don't hate anybody - live and let live - life's too short.

Guest starspirit

I would just like to add that, in a true gesture of reconciliation, it would have been a really nice touch if Frank had gone even just a tiny way towards making an apology for his own retaliatory personal attacks on me - and others.

Guest Frank Wilkinson
Yes, but the last post was three days ago and it was dropping of the bottom of the forum. Why would you want to resurrect it? That's even more boring!

Archived