Are they blaming Brexit?............

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

https://www.dw.com/en/is-germany-edging-toward-recession/a-50019087

"Western Europe hasn't been immune to the global economic slowdown currently underway. Germany, with its export-oriented economy, is one of the countries that has been most affected."

Nope ;-) ........

But any slow down in the British economy will apparently be because of Brexit and not the "Global Economic Slowdown" *-) ........

What Brexit? (lol)

If we leave Dave I think it should be fairly easy to work out how we are fairing compared to our neighbours dont you think?

If you are correct as you keep telling us that everyones economy was about to crash anyway then if the economists are right about the hit to ours isnt that going to be a double whammy for us?

pelmetman - 2019-09-07 10:03 AM..................But any slow down in the British economy will apparently be because of Brexit and not the "Global Economic Slowdown" *-) ........

Don't know where you heard that, but you are either mis-quoting, or completely misunderstanding. First, any version of Brexit is expected to damage the British economy, with a no-deal Brexit inflicting the greatest damage. Second, if the expected global economic slowdown materialises, it will be in addition to (i.e. on top of) any economic damage caused by Brexit. So we gat a double whammy. This is a completely obvious, and simple, concept, that I have explained to you before. What are you finding so difficult to understand?

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-09-07 10:51 AM

What Brexit? (lol)

If we leave Dave I think it should be fairly easy to work out how we are fairing compared to our neighbours dont you think?

If you are correct as you keep telling us that everyones economy was about to crash anyway then if the economists are right about the hit to ours isnt that going to be a double whammy for us?

Well seeing that after 3 years of Brexit uncertainty its Germany that is on the verge of recession ;-) ........

I'd say we're all ready doing better than our EU neighbours and once we leave the UK will flourish B-) ......

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-09-07 6:56 PM

pelmetman - 2019-09-07 10:03 AM..................But any slow down in the British economy will apparently be because of Brexit and not the "Global Economic Slowdown" *-) ........

Don't know where you heard that, but you are either mis-quoting, or completely misunderstanding. First, any version of Brexit is expected to damage the British economy, with a no-deal Brexit inflicting the greatest damage. Second, if the expected global economic slowdown materialises, it will be in addition to (i.e. on top of) any economic damage caused by Brexit. So we gat a double whammy. This is a completely obvious, and simple, concept, that I have explained to you before. What are you finding so difficult to understand?

I actually think any short term bumps in the road will be nothing to the damage the EU will do to our country if we stay in :-| ..........

You being a Federalist would be happy for the UK to pay any price to preserve the Fourth Reich *-) ........

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-09-07 1:52 PM

LMFAO at Pelmetheads Germanophobia, a country he's never set foot in, knows nothing about, but obsesses over. :D

Is Hamburg not in Germany? :-S ..........

pelmetman - 2019-09-08 8:52 AM...…………………..I actually think any short term bumps in the road will be nothing to the damage the EU will do to our country if we stay in :-| ..........

You being a Federalist would be happy for the UK to pay any price to preserve the Fourth Reich *-) ........

Well, as what you "think" about my "federalist" ambitions for the UK (as you should know from what I've said before) is completely and utterly wrong, I'll assume the result of you applying your thinking gene to economics follows the same pattern!

I assume you "borrowed" your "bumps in the road" bit from Boris? Understandably, it seems to be his expression of the moment. :-)

So I'll just stick with the economists, thanks, not the cock-eyed optimists! :-D

pelmetman - 2019-09-08 8:53 AM

LMFAO at Pelmetheads Germanophobia, a country he's never set foot in, knows nothing about, but obsesses over. :D

You mean this Germanophobia of yours is the result to one visit to Hamburg. What the hell happened? Did you get a dose? :-D

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-09-08 6:30 PM

You mean this Germanophobia of yours is the result to one visit to Hamburg. What the hell happened? Did you get a dose? :-D

Yep ;-) ........a dose of common sense :D .......

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-09-08 6:28 PM

pelmetman - 2019-09-08 8:52 AM...…………………..I actually think any short term bumps in the road will be nothing to the damage the EU will do to our country if we stay in :-| ..........

Well, as what you "think" about my "federalist" ambitions for the UK (as you should know from what I've said before) is completely and utterly wrong, I'll assume the result of you applying your thinking gene to economics follows the same pattern!

I assume you "borrowed" your "bumps in the road" bit from Boris? Understandably, it seems to be his expression of the moment. :-)

So I'll just stick with the economists, thanks, not the cock-eyed optimists! :-D

So you'll stick with those "Expert" economists who have yet to get anything right? 8-) .......

I prefer the predictions of a Cock-eye.....to a Cock-up economist >:-) .........

Brian Kirby - 2019-09-08 6:30 PM

Probably a bunch of fives. (lol)

Guest pelmetman

EUR/USD off Weekly Highs as "German Recession all but Confirmed" by Latest Manufacturing Statistics

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/eurusd/12001-euro-dollar-rate-lifted-by-upbeat-market-mood-even-after-german-recession-all-but-confirmed

Looks to me like its not Brexit dragging the pound down ;-) ..........

It's the tanking Euro >:-) .......

pelmetman - 2019-09-09 11:11 AM

"UK economy grew 0.3pc in July, reducing fears of third-quarter contraction"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2019/09/09/markets-live-latest-news-pound-euro-ftse-100-lloyds/

I bet Germany wish they had the Brexit Bonus (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

They have a much better bonus.....keeping Germanophobes like you away. (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-09-09 12:48 PM

pelmetman - 2019-09-09 11:11 AM

"UK economy grew 0.3pc in July, reducing fears of third-quarter contraction"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2019/09/09/markets-live-latest-news-pound-euro-ftse-100-lloyds/

I bet Germany wish they had the Brexit Bonus (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

They have a much better bonus.....keeping Germanophobes like you away. (lol)

My xenophobia cant be working? :-S ...........Seeing as I spend 6 months of the year surrounded by them 8-) ..........

• 2 months later...
pelmetman - 2019-11-13 11:17 AM

They were never planning on building it here anyway ;-) .........

PMSL......so you were in on Teslas boardroom meetings? *-) Why do you keep making stuff up all the time?

Musk blamed Brexit uncertainty on why the UK wasn’t considered for the new site: “Brexit [uncertainty] made it too risky to put a Gigafactory in the UK,” Musk said.

Back in 2014, he told Auto Express that he planned to build an R&D base in the UK. Those plans have since been shelved.

“Some of the best cars in the world are made in Germany, everyone knows that German engineering is outstanding,” said Musk. “That’s part of the reason why we’re locating our Gigafactory Europe in Germany.

“We are also going to create an engineering and design centre in Berlin.”

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-11-13 3:22 PM

PMSL......so you were in on Teslas boardroom meetings? *-) Why do you keep making stuff up all the time?

Musk blamed Brexit uncertainty on why the UK wasn’t considered for the new site: “Brexit [uncertainty] made it too risky to put a Gigafactory in the UK,” Musk said.

Back in 2014, he told Auto Express that he planned to build an R&D base in the UK. Those plans have since been shelved.

“Some of the best cars in the world are made in Germany, everyone knows that German engineering is outstanding,” said Musk. “That’s part of the reason why we’re locating our Gigafactory Europe in Germany.

He knows that the German car market is in the kack.........which means they'll soon be a lot of available labor prepared to work cheap ;-) ..........

Tesla have joined the Project Fear conspirators, along with

Airbus

AXA

Barclays

BMW

Bombardier

British Steel

Burberry

Dyson

EasyJet

EBA

FlyBMI

Ford

Hitachi

Honda

HSBC

Jaguar

JP Morgan

Lloyds

Michelin

MoneyGram

Nissan

P&O

Panasonic

Sony

Toshiba

Toyota

UBS

Unilever

Vauxhall

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-11-13 10:55 PM

Tesla have joined the Project Fear conspirators, along with

Airbus

AXA

Barclays

BMW

Bombardier

British Steel

Burberry

Dyson

EasyJet

EBA

FlyBMI

Ford

Hitachi

Honda

HSBC

Jaguar

JP Morgan

Lloyds

Michelin

MoneyGram

Nissan

P&O

Panasonic

Sony

Toshiba

Toyota

UBS

Unilever

Vauxhall

You forgot Tusk and the EU :D .............

They've finally shed their pretend impartiality *-) ........

He's right though 8-) ..........

It is the end of "a" Empire B-) .......

The EU Empire >:-) ........

(lol) (lol) (lol) .............

pelmetman - 2019-11-13 5:43 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-11-13 3:22 PM

He knows that the German car market is in the kack.......

So much "in the kack" German car sales are UP by 4.7% so yet another LIE from Germanophobe Helmethead. *-)

Why do you keep lying and making stuff up?

Musk moved his production and R&D to Germany as Europe is a vast market which idiots like you chose to isolate Little England from throwing thousands of our own people out of work and trashing what little we had left of an automotive industry. *-)

https://www.fleeteurope.com/en/new-energies/germany/article/german-car-sales-grow-47?a=FJA05&t%5B0%5D=Dataforce&curl=1

Bulletguy - 2019-11-14 11:59 AM...………….Why do you keep lying and making stuff up? .

Because it's the only way he can justify to himself his deep loathing of the EU. Without the lies and fantasies, his EU-phobia would die and, a bit like his hero Farage, his life's purpose would evaporate, leaving him, er well, totally pointless! :-D

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-11-15 11:33 AM

Bulletguy - 2019-11-14 11:59 AM...………….Why do you keep lying and making stuff up? .

Because it's the only way he can justify to himself his deep loathing of the EU. Without the lies and fantasies, his EU-phobia would die and, a bit like his hero Farage, his life's purpose would evaporate, leaving him, er well, totally pointless! :-D

Keep on dreaming Brian :D ........

Archived