Arise Sir Nigel

Birdbrain

Except we did vote for a flag and an anthem. Most unions have one.

Apparently Ode to Joy WAS a national anthem albeit briefly. It was adopted by Ian Smith's Rhodesia after he declared unilateral independence in 1965 and was expelled from the Commonwealth. A sovereign country 95% black run exclusively for and by whites. I bet Nige would have stood up saluted and even clicked his heels if he was about then.

Ian Smith's Rhodesia was a beautiful place. There was none of the anger felt by the blacks in South Africa,

Look at it now Barry, it has not benefitted any black people. I worked alongside Rhodesians and found them to be good people. We spent a few weeks in the country just one year after it became Zimbabwe. It is the only country in the World that my Wife would have happily moved to (and she has been to some nice places.

Not all colonialism was ugly. It benefitted many black people too. The only racism I saw in Rhodesia was by ethnic Indians and Pakistanis against the black population.

747 - 2019-07-04 4:36 PM

Ian Smith's Rhodesia was a beautiful place. There was none of the anger felt by the blacks in South Africa,

Look at it now Barry, it has not benefitted any black people. I worked alongside Rhodesians and found them to be good people. We spent a few weeks in the country just one year after it became Zimbabwe. It is the only country in the World that my Wife would have happily moved to (and she has been to some nice places.

Not all colonialism was ugly. It benefitted many black people too. The only racism I saw in Rhodesia was by ethnic Indians and Pakistanis against the black population.

Barry dont wanna hear that ... Lordy no

Barryd999 - 2019-07-04 8:40 AM

Apparently Ode to Joy WAS a national anthem albeit briefly. It was adopted by Ian Smith's Rhodesia after he declared unilateral independence in 1965 and was expelled from the Commonwealth. A sovereign country 95% black run exclusively for and by whites. I bet Nige would have stood up saluted and even clicked his heels if he was about then.

A country that once was one of the richest in Africa and is now almost destitute :D

teflon2 - 2019-07-04 7:12 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-07-04 8:40 AM

A country that once was one of the richest in Africa and is now almost destitute :D

Because of Brexit I would imagine

Archived