You are logged in as a guest. 
  Home Forums Home  Search our Forums Search our Forums    Log in to the Forums Log in to the Forums  register Register on the Forums  

Forums ->  General Chat -> Chatterbox
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Format:  Go
Arise Sir Nigel
AuthorMessage
userBirdbrain
Posted: 4 July 2019 6:12 AM
Subject: Arise Sir Nigel

Treasured contributor

Beautiful ... https://twitter.com/GMB/status/1146371811145408512 ... Just beautiful
userBarryd999
Posted: 4 July 2019 8:40 AM
Subject: RE: Arise Sir Nigel

Lord of the posts

Except we did vote for a flag and an anthem. Most unions have one.

Apparently Ode to Joy WAS a national anthem albeit briefly. It was adopted by Ian Smith's Rhodesia after he declared unilateral independence in 1965 and was expelled from the Commonwealth. A sovereign country 95% black run exclusively for and by whites. I bet Nige would have stood up saluted and even clicked his heels if he was about then.
user747
Posted: 4 July 2019 4:36 PM

Forum master

Ian Smith's Rhodesia was a beautiful place. There was none of the anger felt by the blacks in South Africa,
Look at it now Barry, it has not benefitted any black people. I worked alongside Rhodesians and found them to be good people. We spent a few weeks in the country just one year after it became Zimbabwe. It is the only country in the World that my Wife would have happily moved to (and she has been to some nice places.

Not all colonialism was ugly. It benefitted many black people too. The only racism I saw in Rhodesia was by ethnic Indians and Pakistanis against the black population.
userBirdbrain
Posted: 4 July 2019 6:14 PM

Treasured contributor

747 - 2019-07-04 4:36 PM

Ian Smith's Rhodesia was a beautiful place. There was none of the anger felt by the blacks in South Africa,
Look at it now Barry, it has not benefitted any black people. I worked alongside Rhodesians and found them to be good people. We spent a few weeks in the country just one year after it became Zimbabwe. It is the only country in the World that my Wife would have happily moved to (and she has been to some nice places.

Not all colonialism was ugly. It benefitted many black people too. The only racism I saw in Rhodesia was by ethnic Indians and Pakistanis against the black population.

Barry dont wanna hear that ... Lordy no
userteflon2
Posted: 4 July 2019 7:12 PM

Treasured contributor

Barryd999 - 2019-07-04 8:40 AM

Apparently Ode to Joy WAS a national anthem albeit briefly. It was adopted by Ian Smith's Rhodesia after he declared unilateral independence in 1965 and was expelled from the Commonwealth. A sovereign country 95% black run exclusively for and by whites. I bet Nige would have stood up saluted and even clicked his heels if he was about then.

A country that once was one of the richest in Africa and is now almost destitute
userBirdbrain
Posted: 4 July 2019 7:17 PM

Treasured contributor

teflon2 - 2019-07-04 7:12 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-07-04 8:40 AM

A country that once was one of the richest in Africa and is now almost destitute

Because of Brexit I would imagine
Jump to page : First 1 Last
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Jump to forum :

(Delete all cookies set by this site)(Return to Homepage)

Any problems? Contact the administrator