Article 16

Barryd999

thebishbus - 2021-02-04 11:00 AM

I seem to remember Boris saying that he would trigger Article 16 in certain circumstances if we left with no deal, but we left with a deal .

Brian B.

Yes but now Doris doesn't like the deal he signed. He has form on this as he also didn't like the Withdrawal agreement he signed and then sought to break international law in a limited and specific way.

You do have to laugh, though. Ian Paisley Junior on Newsnight last night, hotly blustering about the appalling impact Brexit and its inevitable Irish Sea border is having on Northern Ireland business, and intoning that the controls must be swept away.

Complaining how he was British, and felt he'd become a stranger in his own country because of the post Brexit port controls. Ian Paisley of the DUP, that is. The party that favoured Brexit - in a part of the UK that voted remain. Wonder if he'll seek refugee status in Britain when the North inevitably votes for re-unification as a consequence?! :-D He'd better not flee to Scotland though, if his Brexit results in Scottish independence, and Scotland joining the EU!

Why? Because his ancestry is, of course, Scottish. His family were Plantationists under James I of England. The clue is in the name - Paisley is hardly Irish! He's from Immigrant, Scottish, stock, sent to colonise and tame the wild men of Ulster in the 17C. Stranger in his own country indeed. I imagine that is exactly how the native Ulstermen of the day saw his ancestors when they pitched up with their suitcases! :-D

The sheer gall of the man! Complaining that some-one now has to sort out the consequences of what he promoted and voted, for - because he feels a stranger in his own country! As ye sow, so shall ye reap. Reap what? Unicorns? What a blind, bigoted, idiot. Priceless. I'm still laughing! :-D Make it up, you could not! :-D

Guest pelmetman

Seems to me the UVF have sorted the problem ;-) ...........

As there are currently No checks being carried out :D ...........

Problem solved (lol) (lol) (lol) .............

pelmetman - 2021-02-04 2:17 PM

Except EU officials are now manning the Custom points at Larne. Clearly the EU men and women in uniforms are braver than Auntie Arlene's crowd.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-02-04 2:26 PM

Except EU officials are now manning the Custom points at Larne. Clearly the EU men and women in uniforms are braver than Auntie Arlene's crowd.

Evidence? ;-) .........

All I can find is all checks are suspended :D ..........

Guest pelmetman

Evidence? ;-) .........

Guest pelmetman
pelmetman - 2021-02-04 4:42 PM

Evidence? ;-) .........

Paddy bump ;-) .........

Archived