Asda Price?

Guest Tracker

Guest Tracker

Have you noticed that, because Asda price their fuel nationally, in areas where there is no Asda all the others price their fuel upwards calling it market forces.

If you have an Asda credit card you also get 2p a litre off every litre you buy with the credit card.

So with a little forethought worthwhile fuel savings can be made and as every penny saved includes a VAT element you are also avoiding a tiny bit of tax too - very gratifying!.

Guest Tracker

Tesco points are 1 point per pound spent - about almost 1p per litre.

Asda credit card is 2p per litre off at the time you pay.

Like Richard, I've been using an Asda MasterCard for all my Asda fuel transactions for about 18months. It's only saved a few quid, but I'd rather have it than freely hand it to a multinational conglomerate. There is no catch, unless you consider that being sucked in to using one supplier is a marketing victory for them.

Guest Tracker

Yes I too regard it as a marketing victory for Asda but as long as it saves me money and I can cancel the card when it ceases I'll run with it too.

As a rule we do find Asda store prices better than Tesco, although Morrisons seem to have the more friendly and more pleasant - sorry meant less unpleasant as no supermarket can ever be called pleasant - stores.

Guest Tracker

That's as maybe but after umpteen years of using the stuff I have never had a problem and when I do buy branded fuel I don't notice any improvement in either performance or mpg?

On that experience alone I drew my own conclusion and I buy Asda fuel whenever possible.

Guest Tracker
Not a problem in this area as theraeare only three filling stations left - Asda - Tesco - and one indepenedant and the independant is often difficult to get to due to traffic tailbacks in Pembroke Town.

Archived