Dancer

Not sure where my avatar,s got to Frank. I removed it trying to get a picture from Forester up on the forum and its gone walkabout somewhere in my computor. I,ve tried a search, but with hundreds of other photos and no reference to go on its proving elusive to find, but i,ll find it eventually.

My wife,s always on a diet of some sort but having my photo on the fridge to put her off food is something she hasn,t tried yet. Nothing against her dieting, but when she diets then everybody else has to as well, which is a bit unfair on the rest of us who take our food seriously and in large amounts too.

Better than forking out on a new wardrobe though. ;-)

Thank you Howie.

Taking food seriously and in large amounts sounds good, but I will need a new wardrobe then.

Hope you find the avator, I can't get mine to work on the site yet, too big and I can't find how to reduce it, lack of - 1. intelligence 2. time.

Got me avatar back. Don,t know if its my imagination but seems to have gone "widescreen". I, have the picasa which I use, but it still comes down reducing the size for the forum to accept. I might ask my smug little git of a nephew to show me how its done but that apart i,m hearby oficially giving it up as a bad job. As for the rather personal comments re. my teeth, I did do a bit of editing with a deep clean and polish with spectacular results but the overall result was one of absolute perfection. The trouble with being perfect is that you find that others can be resentfull or even feel inferior, so i,ve left the bugs on to give myself that more approachable and sensitive look.

Going back to the diet thing. The wife is convinced with that theory where the Soviets introduced something into the Western Worlds food chain that stops the body from dissolving fat tissues naturally. With so many obese people around she may have a point, (my apologies to those who are having a problem with their weight and it is strange how over the last few decades this has become widespread and not always down to the amount of food consumed either) but I feel this may be down her passion for fryups with 3in dripping sarnies seeing her through between meals.

Another few days of this fine weather and we,ll have the usual drought and hosepipe ban, so back to the garden for me to finish of a weeks hard work of digging and weeding with the seedlings in the greenhouse coming on a treat. Lifes not all bad is it.

That elusive Para outfit. Choppers organising a "Sponsored Jump". I feel he could have phrased it better, but if any of you girls are interested then do get in touch with him. *-)

howie - 2007-04-15 11:00 AM

Got me avatar back. Don,t know if its my imagination but seems to have gone "widescreen".

No Howie, you were always that shape - on our screens at least!! Perhaps these later observations from the same posting are relevant here?

The trouble with being perfect is that you find that others can be resentfull or even feel inferior,

And even maybe ...

Going back to the diet thing.

Just a thought ...

Tony

Good grief Tony. With our two avatars next to each other i,ve just noticed the striking resemblence between us. The teeth, the glasses, that devil take the hindmost smile. To much of a coincedence for any mistaken identity here, and though a bit of research may be called for would you mind if I start calling you "Daddy" now or wait for full confirmation. :$

You know something Howie, you could be right! There's certainly a very close resemblence, perhaps if Tony ran around outside quickly and caught some bugs on his teeth we would be able to prove it catagorically. *-)

But to be kind, I think calling him Daddy is a bit much ... how about Big Bruvva instead? :$

(Hey Howie, you know we are really are going to suffer for this don't you ... he'll get the 'big guy' on to us, you just watch ......) (lol)

Perhaps your right Mel, and older "bruvver" might be more apropriate. There,s no getting away from the resemblence though, and regardless of what "Him Above " thinks of it a quick check on where and what our respective dads were up to in the late 60s would be in order. *-)

For someone who does,nt do revenge your not doing to bad with that last reply Tony. Some may think otherwise, but the more I study our two avatars the more i,m convinced, as in "Twins", we were cruelly seperated at birth. Maybe you need time to come to terms with the fact that you have a long lost brother/son, and after one denial we will allow two more before the cock crows.

Back to the original thread. Anybody out there knows the best way of applying gloss paint on to previously stained and varnished doors. If so let me know before I have a go please.

Anybody out there heard of a motorhome show in Carmarthen this coming weekend. Nothing firm to go on, but rumor has it that there is one, and if the weather stays fine we are hoping for a couple of days down in Tenby so it would be nice to call in and see it.

howie - 2007-04-16 11:36 AM

Maybe you need time to come to terms with the fact that you have a long lost brother/son

No Howie, I think I can handle the idea with appropriate counselling. However, you need to understand that although I'm the tall good-looking twin, I'm NOT the rich one. I trust you'll be able to deal with that side of our reunion?

I'd suggest you book a REALLY big hotel for the bash, with a large car-park for the motorhomers to stay overnight, and invite everyone on the Forum as well as all the members of our (alleged) families.

When you're ready to book, I'll let you know the dates I'll be out of the country (SO YOU CAN AVOID THEM OF COURSE).

Tony

"I,m Not the rich one".

Dear Tony. I,ve just given this matter some serious thought and come to the conclusion that this was simply a case of coincedence and mistaken identity. Hope this does,nt destroy your hopes and dreams and if further counselling is required please feel free to call on my help and expertise on such matters. With sympathy and regards. Howie.

Oh no I didn't!!!

May I add my condolenses to you both, it's such an awful thing when you think you've found a long lost relative to learn that it was just a coincidence ... or is it just a lucky escape ... I'll let you two twins decide.

8-)

Mel B - 2007-04-16 8:46 PM

Oh no I didn't!!!

May I add my condolenses to you both, it's such an awful thing when you think you've found a long lost relative to learn that it was just a coincidence ... or is it just a lucky escape ... I'll let you two twins decide.

8-)

Condolenses?. Time to update my dictionary as thats another word not included.

Watch yourself with Mel Tony. She might come over all sweetness and light, but a quick look through this thread will show she,s not averse to the odd stir or two with that wooden spoon of hers. 8-)

Archived