Brian Kirby

You know, all those nifty little pictures, like the one on the left, that we spend ages trying to capture onto the site.  Apparently, correctly called avatars? 

Well, I hadn't come across the word before, and was curious to find out where it came from, and what it really means.  So, out came the dictionary, and this is what I found.

(In Hindu mythology) The descent of a deity, or released soul, to earth, in bodily form.

So, in case you, too, were wondering, make of that what you will!

It might explain why getting them onto the forum is so tricky, though!

Frank Wilkinson - 2007-01-28 11:16 PM

Well done Brian, this explains why, whenever I see your picture, I find my self exclaiming; "Oh God!" :-D:-D:-D

Every time I see yours I have to stifle "I don't believe it!"

You'll have to change it Frank, I'm even starting to read all your posts in Victor's voice :-S

Ralph - 2007-01-29 8:16 AM

Frank Wilkinson - 2007-01-28 11:16 PM

Well done Brian, this explains why, whenever I see your picture, I find my self exclaiming; "Oh God!" :-D:-D:-D

Every time I see yours I have to stifle "I don't believe it!"

You'll have to change it Frank, I'm even starting to read all your posts in Victor's voice :-S

Me too, I have in fact already asked Frank to change his avatar for exactly this reason. Come on Frank, help us out here. Perhaps a picture of your pussy?

D.

Guest Frank Wilkinson
Now now boys! I like my avatar, unlike Dave's where I get the feeling that should I ultimately meet him I'd want to pat him on the head!

Archived