Away for the weekend

nightrider

The wife and I are going up to the Barnard castle area for the weekend, apart from the need to chill out for a couple of days there is a method in my madness, one of my daughters is moving house tomorrow and I dont want to be lumbered with a load of furniture moving.

Her husband is a methodist minister and I dont think he has ever heard of that Spanish guy Manual Labour, let him do the furniture humping I have had my share of that in years gone by.

Guest Tracker
I always thought that Manual Labour was what some MPs did before they discovered the gravy train of being an MP?

maggyd - 2009-07-29 4:13 PM

They are good these escape wagons arent they :-D hope you enjoyed the weekend its gone downhill from there though hasnt it? did you stay at the C.C.C. site at B.C.

maggyd,

We went up there on the spur of the moment, one was to visit a garden machinery company to buy some spare parts and the other was to avoid being roped in to humping furniture in my daughters house move.

We stayed the night on the picnic part of the Tebay southbound services, rather expensive at £15 per 24 hours but safe.

Had a mooch round kirkby Stephen and then Barnard castle, on the road up to the C.C.C. site on the left and right hand side of the road there are 2 secluded tree lined laybys that are well worth an overnight stay, need to pluck up my courage and start doing a little 'wild camping' in order to try and cut down a little on expenses, what do you think?

Archived