BBC

antony1969

The BBC has totally lost the plot.

Biased news reporting, comedy that isn't funny, drama that is impossible to follow and with needless violence and bad language, shouty screamy audience manipulation 'unreality' shows aimed at teenagers and children, who incidentally do not pay the license fee, more repeats than an onion supper - so we rarely watch the BBC in spite of having to pay for it.

Abolish the license fee and let the BBC advertise commercially to gain revenue instead of advertising their own programmes ad nauseum between every scheduled programme.

The BBC has to be the least attractive TV package on offer and if the license fee were optional they would soon find out just how unattractive they have become to those who actually pay their wages.

Rant over!!

Tracker - 2018-12-16 1:49 PM

The BBC has totally lost the plot.

Biased news reporting, comedy that isn't funny, drama that is impossible to follow and with needless violence and bad language, shouty screamy audience manipulation 'unreality' shows aimed at teenagers and children, who incidentally do not pay the license fee, more repeats than an onion supper - so we rarely watch the BBC in spite of having to pay for it.

Abolish the license fee and let the BBC advertise commercially to gain revenue instead of advertising their own programmes ad nauseum between every scheduled programme.

The BBC has to be the least attractive TV package on offer and if the license fee were optional they would soon find out just how unattractive they have become to those who actually pay their wages.

Rant over!!

Much depends on your choice of viewing. BBC has brought some extremely high quality documentaries, in particular look at the stuff Attenborough has done with them over the years but currently, "Dynasties". Ok he just presents but the photography is simply stunning.

Other than documentaries i only watch news so can't comment on the standard (or lack of) todays comedians. Billy Connolly was always a favourite of mine, particularly when he began doing documentaries which he presents very well but he doesn't do much now since suffering with Parkinsons.

Soaps, Big Brother, the Jungle, Made in Essex thing and all that stuff....i haven't got the time of day for. Obviously appeals to some folk but to me it's just trash tv. As for news 'bias', afaik there's five choices on terrestrial tv. I've looked at all and Channel 4 is my preference....those who don't like it can look at any of the others. No idea if there are more news channels on cable/satellite as i'm not prepared to pay £500+ a year for some fancy package.

Archived