Bank Holidays

Wingpete

Here we are approaching another bank holiday, and the "press experts" are predicting the roads will be the "busiest ever" as everyone heads for the country or sea. Congestion of all roads is to be expected.

Well, here is one driver who will not add much to the congestion.

I am not going anywhere until Tuesday !

Any other "static" drivers out there.?

Agree with you up to a point re. Bank Holidays Pete but if you pick the right time and route then its not to bad. We,re off later this afternoon and return late Monday night. Should miss most of the traffic both ways, and with our favorite site booked ready for us looking forward to the break. Congestion seems to be getting worse by the day, and useing Bank Holidays to explore those out of the way places seems a good idea unless everybody else is thinking the same.

yes, my spouse is snoozing in our lounge at home, usually we don't travel anywhere over bank holiday, but at least i get a long turn on the computer.

haven't built up the enthusiasm to go away in camper since we purchased it 2 march until rest of problems are sorted. we had a pull out awning fitted but was not fitted right and so we have to take it back later this month, also the fridge wasn't vented properly at the manufacturers, we can see daylight round the back of it, hoping they don't have to pull too much apart to put it right.

We were going to go to Withernsea, about 20 miles away, nice little place where we just park up on the seafront or the night, have a potter round the market and shops then tootle back home in the afternoon. As the weather forecast was for it to be very cold and overcast we didn't bother so have been working on the camper & doing odd jobs all day. But I wish we'd gone away ... why? Well this morning we went to Tesco's to get a vew bits and pieces but mainlty to fill the camper up ready for our holiday to France on Friday, unfortunately when returning the empty trolley (one of the shallow ones), I pressed down too hard on the handle and went full length on my front, the trolley fortunately stayed tipped on to it's rear so came to a stand still before it hit anything. I picked myself up, continued to put the trolley in it's collection point and went back the van, dusting myself down. :$

Hubby handn't heard the crash of the trolley so didn't have a clue. When I sat down, I had a look at the damage - I had scraped my hands and right knee even though I had trousers on. Oh well, we were in the camper so cleaned it up and put on some cream, and got on with things. Trouble is now my knee is killing me ... apart from it beig sore I think I must've pulled the muscles a bit when I fell. I just hope it doesn't get any worse, can't bear to think that we might not be going to France!!!!!! :-(

Come on chaps, someone cheer me up! :-|

Oh Mel,

I hope your alright I climbed a ladder in the house because the electrician had put his blue chalk line up so I thought I would get up and dust it down . I didn't realise but I hadn't extended the ladder and I fell top to bottom as I lay there he came running get up he said I said dont touch me I felt sick immediately I knew something had broke I went straight to the toillet to vomit. Thnig is I ,m not a kid no more and you just can't take the knocks turn's out I had broke it in 3 places 9 weeks in plaster.

I hope its not to bad and you make a quick recovery ..get well soon.

Ladies

I hope you are both feeling somewhat better.

Mel,

Keep looking forward to your holiday next weekend, have a great time in France.

To try and cheer you up, we are going away also but only in the UK, We are Stiill getting use to the Van, so not risking going abroard yet. Will have to chase the sun on these shores but quess we may end up having to do more miles than you in France.!!!! *-) 8-)

Michele,

Hhope your leg mends quickly and it does not stop you getting away. Just leave the driving to your OH, sit back and enjoy the views.

Flicka

Mel, I think you ought to be bringing details of your incident to the attention of the H&S officers @ Tesco. Tell them of your plight and suggest a compensation award would be one way of keeping it quiet, otherwise you will have to post on your favourite forum. Oh ! You have already. Well that should convince them you mean business. You don't want a loat of money (Did I really say that ?) just enough to keep you sweet, sweetie.

Michellle seems to have broken her ladder, from reading her post.

Oh, and might see you in France Mel. I am heading down to Villfranche sur Saone, near Lyon on 15th. Look out for Laika with big closed trailer on back, which contains my GoldWing.

Guest caraprof
Wingpete - 2007-05-06 8:34 AM

Mel, I think you ought to be bringing details of your incident to the attention of the H&S officers @ Tesco. Tell them of your plight and suggest a compensation award would be one way of keeping it quiet, otherwise you will have to post on your favourite forum. Oh ! You have already. Well that should convince them you mean business. You don't want a loat of money (Did I really say that ?) just enough to keep you sweet, sweetie.

Michellle seems to have broken her ladder, from reading her post.

Oh, and might see you in France Mel. I am heading down to Villfranche sur Saone, near Lyon on 15th. Look out for Laika with big closed trailer on back, which contains my GoldWing.

Yes, that's right. Encourage her to join the compensation culture and the thousands of people who think that whatever happens to them must be someone else's fault.

God save Great Britain from a growing number of its citizens.

I'm delaying my trip to Scotland until Tuesday - think that the M6 north, past Lake District etc will be one to avoid BH Monday!

Am doing Kirkcudbright, then CC site at Garlieston (looks nice, on the harbour) then across to fulfil an ambition to see Hadrian's Wall, then home via the Lake District taking about 10 days.

Anyone got any other 'must-sees' for that area?

Now then Michele, I've heard of trying to get the sympathy vote but 3 years later!!!! 8-)

My knee has settled down a bit today, still quite sore though but no more swelling so I'm hoping I'll be able to still go canoeing on holiday - our canoe is a canadian style (inflatable) and I sit on the seat whilst kneeling on the base of the boat for stability - might take a nice soft cushion with me or teach the dogs to use the paddle!

Hopefully I'll be doing this soon ....

1597476894_CopyofMONTCOCUPLAGE.jpg.b13e135da73838fb262ee50d1cdee997.jpg

we are hoping to tour scotland soon, but camper isn't going in till 16th of this month to hopefully have problems sorted, providing we are ready to go before the midges appear we intend to go up west coast, maybe over to skye, then to fort william to visit the distilleries, then across to inverness, over the the forth road bridge and return down the east coast to cambs.

i have no recommendations from anyone about the camp sites, so have a good trip to scotland.

Hi we have spent all day sorting all the food and bits and bobs out in sunny ready for our trip to france on wednesday then along comes my sons wife with a load of tools for us to take to him in Chamonix where he lives and works he came back last weekend to see his wife on a flying visit bought a load of tools for us to take to him but forgot to tell us. We have had to re pack to make room for them, he also wants his biking leathers,some decent sliced bread, sausages ,gammon steaks ,ect ,its only a 2 berth motorhome you would think it was an artic he must still think I am driving for a living instead of being retired, kids they are still a pain the bigger and older they get the worse they are ,never mind he`s priceless ,mother says its ok he`s allright stop moaning.!!

Still looking forward to France though can`t wait our 1st long haul holiday in sunny

Mel B - 2007-05-06 5:21 PM

might take a nice soft cushion with me or teach the dogs to use the paddle!

Well Mel if the dogs can't use the paddle, you could harness them up and let them doggie paddle to tow the canoe along :-D

Flicka

Kelly,

and what would you do with out him your seven days were up long ago :D I bet you don't mind really ;-)

Mel yep sympathy I was after it ha ha. seriously hope you feel better today ..Take some of them NSAID things they will help. Like the boat you look so relaxed .. ;-)

flicka - 2007-05-06 7:25 PM

Mel B - 2007-05-06 5:21 PM

might take a nice soft cushion with me or teach the dogs to use the paddle!

Well Mel if the dogs can't use the paddle, you could harness them up and let them doggie paddle to tow the canoe along :-D

Flicka

Don,t know if anyone saw the power mover salesman on the Caravan Channel a few weeks back. His party piece was to pull up on site with his twin wheel caravan, unhitch, tie his Jack Russell to the jocky wheel, and with the remote hidden in his hand get the dog to tow the van to where he wanted it. Always pulled a good crowd of amazed spectators and rarely came away without making a sale.

Bit of a ruff deal I suppose Wayne but no complaints i,ve heard of. Grand little dogs Jack Russell,s where even as pups you know what type of dog your getting, without any of the drawbacks and ailments that seem to plague pedigrees.

If Mel could find room for another doggie then one of these would go a long way to solving that problem with rats. Better than poison any day.

Archived