Barclays moves €190 billion to Dublin

Bulletguy

Barclays is moving €190 billion (£166bn) of assets to Dublin because it "cannot wait any longer" to implement its Brexit contingency plan.

The High Court, which has approved the move, says the move involves 5,000 clients. The bank had to ask the High Court for approval to transfer the business which took place in branches in Germany, France, Spain, Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal and Sweden for corporate banking, investment banking and some wealthy private clients.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-47060676

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-01-30 10:43 PM

How is that relevant to the thread topic? *-)

I thought it was about moving assets out of the UK :D ..........

pelmetman - 2019-01-30 10:57 PM

I almost feel sorry for you if this is all you can come up with as you're displaying perfectly the reasons why Brexiteers are held in such contempt.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-01-30 11:37 PM

pelmetman - 2019-01-30 10:57 PM

I almost feel sorry for you if this is all you can come up with as you're displaying perfectly the reasons why Brexiteers are held in such contempt.

I can assure you...........the feelings mutual ;-) ...........

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-01-31 6:01 PM

pelmetman - 2019-01-30 10:14 PM

So what? *-) ...........

I've moved a car and a caravan to Spain :D .........

Was that included in the £800 billion that's left the City of London this month?

Has that affected you? ;-) ...........I cant say I've noticed any difference :-S ........

Where as my car & caravan has made a big difference B-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-01-31 10:43 PM

So what? *-) ...........

Was that included in the £800 billion that's left the City of London this month?

Has that affected you? ;-) ...........I cant say I've noticed any difference :-S ........

You're an absolute idiot. Banking is moving out due to Brexit losing them 'passporting' facilities necessary to function, and that will lose the UK Exchequer billions every year in lost revenue. That leads to higher taxes, lower spending, or more borrowing. Not to mention the loss of many jobs in some cases.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-01 1:43 AM

So what? *-) ...........

You're an absolute idiot. Banking is moving out due to Brexit losing them 'passporting' facilities necessary to function, and that will lose the UK Exchequer billions every year in lost revenue. That leads to higher taxes, lower spending, or more borrowing. Not to mention the loss of many jobs in some cases.

So has it affected you?................and I'm not referring to your ego ;-) ..........

It appears your Remoaner experts got it WRONG AGAIN with their 65,000 London bank job losses predictions :D ............

"But reports about banks such as Morgan Stanley, Barclays and Bank of America moving, or creating, hundreds rather than thousands of jobs at those sites suggest the total affected in the City is much smaller than the 65,000 or so predicted by some immediately after the referendum."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47063405

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2019-02-01 2:32 PM

That article is two months old Dave and you will note it says that banks are being cagey about their plans. Well Barclays seem to have come out of the woodwork in relation to this recent move.

So have 65,000 jobs been lost as per your Remoaner "expert" predictions? ;-) ..........

BTW has Barclays moving their dosh directly affected you? :D ........

pelmetman - 2019-02-01 2:35 PM

That article is two months old Dave and you will note it says that banks are being cagey about their plans. Well Barclays seem to have come out of the woodwork in relation to this recent move.

So have 65,000 jobs been lost as per your Remoaner "expert" predictions? ;-) ..........

Well it's too soon to say how many jobs may be lost isn't it? I don't know whether I am directly affected but I'm not only concerned about what affects me Dave.

pelmetman - 2019-02-01 9:32 AM

Bulletguy - 2019-02-01 1:43 AM

So what? *-) ...........

So has it affected you?................and I'm not referring to your ego ;-) ..........

Higher taxes, lower spending, or more borrowing will affect everyone long term. The billions per annum lost has to be made up from somewhere. Given choice i'd prefer any draconian punitive taxation to claw that money back was apportioned solely to selfish Brexit voters like you who only think of yourselves who inflicted this suffering on millions of blameless innocent victims in your mindless quest for dragging us all over the cliff edge.

Violet1956 - 2019-02-01 2:46 PM

Well it's too soon to say how many jobs may be lost isn't it? I don't know whether I am directly affected but I'm not only concerned about what affects me Dave.

Lets hope you keep those same principles next election time if a Corbyn Government looks likely ... Some how doubt it

Guest pelmetman

It looks to me like NO jobs have been lost *-) ..........

As the BBC article said jobs had been moved and other Jobs have been created ;-) ........

But why let the facts get in the way of a good scare story eh? :D ..........

pelmetman - 2019-02-01 9:27 PM

It said "few jobs in London are expected to be affected." Not "no jobs" affected. There's a difference.

As the BBC article said jobs had been moved and other Jobs have been created ;-) ........

Yes.....in Dublin. The bank's Dublin operation is expected to double in size to 300 people as a result of the business being channelled though the Irish capital.

Quite........so stop trying to 'spin' it to make it read what you prefer whilst ignoring 'inconvenient' facts.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-01 9:46 PM

It said "few jobs in London are expected to be affected." Not "no jobs" affected. There's a difference.

Yes.....in Dublin. The bank's Dublin operation is expected to double in size to 300 people as a result of the business being channelled though the Irish capital.

Quite........so stop trying to 'spin' it to make it read what you prefer whilst ignoring 'inconvenient' facts.

Have any jobs been lost? ;-) ...........Nope *-) .........

So stop spreading fake news >:-) ...........

pelmetman - 2019-02-01 10:15 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-02-01 9:46 PM

Have any jobs been lost? ;-) ...........Nope *-) .........

So stop spreading fake news >:-) ...........

Jobs have been lost together with a capital sum that equates to 8% of GDP.

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-02-02 12:49 AM

Proof that jobs have been lost please? ;-) ............

As all I can find is that a few jobs have been "relocated" along with other jobs being created :D ..........

BTW does that money belong to us? :-| ...........and how has it affected you? ..........Coz I haven't noticed anything :-S ............

pelmetman - 2019-02-02 9:30 AM

As all I can find is that a few jobs have been "relocated" along with other jobs being created :D ..........

BTW does that money belong to us? :-| ...........and how has it affected you? ..........Coz I haven't noticed anything :-S ............

Barclays isn't the only bank to have upped sticks and gone and whilst they say for themselves, "few jobs in London are expected to be affected", many others in banking have lost jobs and you cannot deny that (though you will) as it's been widely reported. As has been pointed out to you many times, Barclays moving €190 billion out to Dublin is a loss to the Exchequer, not forgetting the €900 billion from other banks which has now gone to Frankfurt......remember this was what you once parroted as "taking back control" but instead it you've lost control....even managing to chase some of it off to your arch 'enemy', the EU!

UBS now been to court today to seek approval to move some of it's operations to Germany because Brexit poses a “real and immediate risk” that it may lose the right to conduct some operations in the European Union.

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/ubs-tries-to-move-operations-out-of-u-k-on-real-brexit-risk-1.1209407

Government have known for over a year so they cannot say they were not warned.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/brexit-latest-news-ubs-bank-chief-andrea-orcel-jobs-will-definitely-move-jobs-london-european-a7533691.html

Should the Euro go through turmoil in the future, the money will be swiftly shipped back to the UK ... or elsewhere. :D Of course these honest upright Bankers might have a different reason for juggling currencies.

Swings and Roundabouts.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-02-02 2:43 PM

pelmetman - 2019-02-02 9:30 AM

Barclays isn't the only bank to have upped sticks and gone and whilst they say for themselves, "few jobs in London are expected to be affected", many others in banking have lost jobs and you cannot deny that (though you will) as it's been widely reported. As has been pointed out to you many times, Barclays moving €190 billion out to Dublin is a loss to the Exchequer, not forgetting the €900 billion from other banks which has now gone to Frankfurt......remember this was what you once parroted as "taking back control" but instead it you've lost control....even managing to chase some of it off to your arch 'enemy', the EU!

So has it affected you? ;-) ...........

Archived