BoJo evading inquiry

John52

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The scope will be widened to include anything remotely connected with Covid, the commencement will be delayed until it is "safe" to have all the relatives of the deceased gathered together, and the findings will be published in about 5 years time - if we're lucky. What is needed is a brief, clinical, forensic, examination of the key decisions taken, and how they were arrived at, to deliver its findings well before the next election. Cynic that I am, I can't see a sitting government, with a majority of 80 seats, being dragooned into agreeing anything along those lines. We'll be lucky if the findings are published before the next pandemic strikes - with no "lessons learned" along the way! Sorry! :-D

jumpstart - 2021-03-16 5:41 PM

I think he is right,now is not the moment to have people's time spent having an enquiry. When we are all back to nearly normal then fine.

The idea is that lessons would be learned to stop the Government keep making the same mistakes.

They say they are 'guided by science'

We need to know what science they were guided by so no one else follows it.

Because it must be pretty bad science :-(

Brian Kirby - 2021-03-16 6:11 PM

The scope will be widened to include anything remotely connected with Covid, the commencement will be delayed until it is "safe" to have all the relatives of the deceased gathered together, and the findings will be published in about 5 years time - if we're lucky. What is needed is a brief, clinical, forensic, examination of the key decisions taken, and how they were arrived at, to deliver its findings well before the next election. Cynic that I am, I can't see a sitting government, with a majority of 80 seats, being dragooned into agreeing anything along those lines. We'll be lucky if the findings are published before the next pandemic strikes - with no "lessons learned" along the way! Sorry! :-D

I guess you are right as usual Brian

But the bereaved feel they have to do something

However, I feel it will only cause them more anguish

What is the point of having an inquiry with BoJo appointing the chair >:-)

John52 - 2021-03-16 7:52 PM

I think he is right,now is not the moment to have people's time spent having an enquiry. When we are all back to nearly normal then fine.

The idea is that lessons would be learned to stop the Government keep making the same mistakes.

Good job we dont follow the EU bad science of halting AZ vaccinations and putting millions of people at risk don't you think.

jumpstart - 2021-03-16 8:26 PM

Good job we dont follow the EU bad science of halting AZ vaccinations and putting millions of people at risk don't you think.

Some EU countries have banned the Astra Zeneca vaccine but not all. Still, that’s sovereignty for ya.

It's not about the EU, it's an inquiry about Johnsons handling of the pandemic in this country.

If they had agreed to a limited inquiry in the summer, as some people were requesting, a lot of the mistakes made from November onwards might have been avoided and a lot of people would still be alive.

But this is a government that can never admit that anything they do is wrong, nor are you allowed to criticise them anymore.

Bulletguy - 2021-03-16 9:29 PM

It's not about the EU, it's an inquiry about Johnsons handling of the pandemic in this country.

It’s not about Johnson evading an enquiry because he’s not.....there isn’t one yet.

The scope will be widened to include anything remotely connected with Covid, the commencement will be delayed until it is "safe" to have all the relatives of the deceased gathered together, and the findings will be published in about 5 years time - if we're lucky.

I think you are a bit optimistic Brian.

The inquiry is more likely to start in 5 years time - end in 10 years time - and the results ( heavily redacted ) published in 15 years time.

:-(

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2021-03-16 5:32 PM

.. into the worst death toll per capita of any of the world’s large economies, despite promising it to bereaved families since last July...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/mar/16/pressure-mounts-on-boris-johnson-to-launch-coronavirus-inquiry

Seeing as the 3rd wave is hitting Europe having a inquiry now is pointless *-) ..........

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-03-16 9:37 PM

If they had agreed to a limited inquiry in the summer, as some people were requesting, a lot of the mistakes made from November onwards might have been avoided and a lot of people would still be alive.

But this is a government that can never admit that anything they do is wrong, nor are you allowed to criticise them anymore.

Its funny how you LOSERS are refusing to criticise EU Clots??? *-) .........

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2021-03-16 9:38 PM

The scope will be widened to include anything remotely connected with Covid, the commencement will be delayed until it is "safe" to have all the relatives of the deceased gathered together, and the findings will be published in about 5 years time - if we're lucky.

The inquiry is more likely to start in 5 years time - end in 10 years time - and the results ( heavily redacted ) published in 15 years time.

The EU might have finished their first round of vaccinations by then :D .........

pelmetman - 2021-03-17 8:03 AM

.. into the worst death toll per capita of any of the world’s large economies, despite promising it to bereaved families since last July...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/mar/16/pressure-mounts-on-boris-johnson-to-launch-coronavirus-inquiry

Seeing as the 3rd wave is hitting Europe having a inquiry now is pointless *-) ..........

That will be down to the spread of the N501Y variant also known as the British variant, something else we've given the world.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56019995

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-03-17 8:14 AM

That will be down to the spread of the N501Y variant also known as the British variant, something else we've given the world.

The FACT that the variant was discovered in Britain doesn't prove it mutated here *-) .......

Only NASTY LOSERS and the EU would try to suggest it did :-| ...........

I guess it deflects from the FACT that the first variant mostly arrived from Italy, Spain and France 8-) ........

CurtainRaiser - 2021-03-17 8:14 AM

What complete rubbish....it’s because it was discovered and recorded here,could have mutated anywhere .

pelmetman - 2021-03-17 8:07 AM

malc d - 2021-03-16 9:38 PM

The EU might have finished their first round of vaccinations by then :D .........

I wonder if all the countries in the EU will finish vaccinations before we hear the results of the Grenfell Tower inquiry.

:-|

pelmetman - 2021-03-17 8:05 AM

Why are you changing the subject to the EU?

But since you have, I suppose its necessary to point out you have shot yourself in the foot again.

Because we know what science the EU was following

What we need to know is what science BoJo is following

to make sure no one else follows it

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2021-03-17 9:12 AM

But since you have, I suppose its necessary to point out you have shot yourself in the foot again.

Would you rather Boris was following the EU's example? 8-) ............

You must be running out of feet to shoot (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Kindly explain what Science the EU countries are following in halting the Oxford vaccinations,putting millions at risk, even the WHO says there is no logic to it?

jumpstart - 2021-03-17 9:31 AM

Kindly explain what Science the EU countries are following in halting the Oxford vaccinations,putting millions at risk, even the WHO says there is no logic to it?

It is not EU countries, it is countries worldwide that have a different interpretation of the precautionary principle to others

https://www.statista.com/chart/24420/astrazeneca-vaccine-suspensions/

pelmetman - 2021-03-17 9:20 AM

Would you rather Boris was following the EU's example? 8-) ............

Yes because they have a lower death rate and less economic damage.

Archived