BoJo lifts boycott of Piers Morgan

John52

Yep - I've just watched it so am better qualified to comment on it than you are

BoJo set up Hapless Hancock to front it on his behalf

To his credit, Piers Morgan asked all the right questions

Of course, Hancock ignored the question he was asked,

and answered the question he wanted to be asked :-S

I remember with fondness the days of Jimmy Young on Radio 2 at lunch times, who used to ask polite questions rather than try to conduct an aggressive cross-examination, leaving the readers to spot for themselves when the speaker was ducking things.

Broadcasting interviewers all seem to think their job is to entrap politicians and find really killer questions to put to them and I'm not sure it has real value because the politicians are trained to duck and weave accordingly these days. Hancock is quite good at handling it. All that is really achieved is the interviewers come across as really nasty people, interupting and harranging their guests all the time. There's far too much of interviewers interviewing their colleagues too - as if their opinions or their alleged off-the-record informations is always entirely credible.

StuartO - 2020-11-16 9:35 AM

Broadcasting interviewers all seem to think their job is to entrap politicians and find really killer questions to put to them and I'm not sure it has real value because the politicians are trained to duck and weave accordingly these days. Hancock is quite good at handling it. All that is really achieved is the interviewers come across as really nasty people, interupting and harranging their guests all the time. There's far too much of interviewers interviewing their colleagues too - as if their opinions or their alleged off-the-record informations is always entirely credible.

Can you give us one example? - its on catch up ITV around 8.30 this morning.

Jimmy Young was a different era - pre Dominic Cummings whose style has been provoke and divide - hugely successful in the vote leave campaign, and election. Remainers and Leavers, Lockdown observers and Lockdown breakers, Tories and Non Tories all hating each other, Divide and Rule. But disastrous in Government where genuine respect, consensus and goodwill are needed. And for him personally where those under his iron fist hated him, superficially complied with him, but set him up to fail.

If you cant be bothered with ITV catch up its on youtube here

Just finished watching it. Matt Handjobs advisors seriously need to tell him to do something about his smug Cheshire cat face.

As regards his explanation (non explanation really) regarding closing the borders. The fact that it was discovered long before he reckoned or at least suspected that spreaders could be asymptomatic is even more reason to have shut the borders instead of letting 22 million people come into the UK.

Absolute tosh on the testing as well, it was indeed the number of people they promised to test (100000) not the number of tests, they were counting a nose and throat test on one person as two tests and a pair of surgical gloves as two items of PPE.

Barryd999 - 2020-11-16 11:45 AM

If you cant be bothered with ITV catch up its on youtube here

Just finished watching it. Matt Handjobs advisors seriously need to tell him to do something about his smug Cheshire cat face.

As regards his explanation (non explanation really) regarding closing the borders. The fact that it was discovered long before he reckoned or at least suspected that spreaders could be asymptomatic is even more reason to have shut the borders instead of letting 22 million people come into the UK.

Absolute tosh on the testing as well, it was indeed the number of people they promised to test (100000) not the number of tests, they were counting a nose and throat test on one person as two tests and a pair of surgical gloves as two items of PPE.

I suspect he is next for the chop - BoJo just keeping him to use as his next scapegoat.

StuartO - 2020-11-16 9:35 AM

I remember with fondness the days of Jimmy Young on Radio 2 at lunch times, who used to ask polite questions rather than try to conduct an aggressive cross-examination, leaving the readers to spot for themselves when the speaker was ducking things.

Suit wearing Young was real timewarp radio with his short back 'n sides whose R2 programme stuck rigidly to the safety of MoR music which appealed to the blue rinse pensioners. Thatcher was a big fan as politically JY made all the right (wing) noises so it was no accident she appeared as a guest on his radio show 14 times....more than any other politician. For all his efforts she only gave him a badge whilst ironically it was Blair who awarded him with a knighthood. The BBC attempted to make him sound 'groovy' with daft catchphrases but it always came over as contrived and unnatural.

A good interviewer doesn't need to 'entrap' most politicians as all but the brightest do that themselves by deflecting and continually avoiding answering questions asked. Andrew Neil is notoriously aggressive and Johnson let himself down big time by being the only party leader to refuse to be interviewed whilst all others had. Paxman has undoubtedly been our best political interviewer as he remains impartial throughout and cuts no slack with any politician. He asks the questions we all want answers to, and if he doesn't get the answer it's the politician that's going to end up looking very stupid. He started working for the BBC at the very bottom rung of the ladder on local radio until becoming Newsnight presenter 17 years later.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-11-16 10:37 AM

Jimmy Young was a different era - pre Gorbals Gobbess whose style has been provoke and divide - hugely unsuccessful in the vote leave campaign,

(lol) (lol) (lol) .............

pelmetman - 2020-11-17 8:47 AM

Jimmy Young was a different era - pre Gorbals Gobbess whose style has been provoke and divide - hugely unsuccessful in the vote leave campaign,

*-) I suppose its necessary to point out Scotland voted to remain :-S

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-11-17 9:08 AM

I was refering to your "Independence referendum" (lol) (lol) (lol) ...........

pelmetman - 2020-11-17 9:12 AM

What do you expect when BoJo is taxing you and giving your money to us?

pelmetman - 2020-11-17 9:12 AM

Oh silly me

When you said "vote leave campaign" I thought you meant vote leave campaign *-)

jumpstart - 2020-11-17 1:49 PM

John52 - 2020-11-17 1:40 PM

jumpstart - 2020-11-17 8:46 AM

Come on really...Piers Morgan... He' a dud.

How would you know when you don't watch him?

Rely on what his competitors tell you ?

Come on don't make me laugh,he's a wannabe celebrity.

I'll try again

John52 - 2020-11-17 5:54 PM

jumpstart - 2020-11-17 1:49 PM

John52 - 2020-11-17 1:40 PM

jumpstart - 2020-11-17 8:46 AM

Come on really...Piers Morgan... He' a dud.

Come on don't make me laugh,he's a wannabe celebrity.

I'll try again

Why are you assuming i have never watched him. He's more interested in himself.

• 2 months later...

Looks like the Government Boycott of Piers Morgan's awkward questions is back on again

Government Minister walks out on him

This is worth watching

Best bit is from 7 minutes onwards;

Basically;

Piers Morgan: Why have we got the worst death rates etc?

Therese Coffey: Age and Obesity

(incidentally another lie since some other countries have older populations and more obesity, but lower death rates)

Piers Morgan: So its the public's fault for being too old and fat?

Therese Coffey: You are insulting the public

Piers Morgan: But you said it!!! - not me

Therese Coffey: Goodbye >:-)

John52 - 2021-01-26 8:23 AM

Looks like the Government Boycott of Piers Morgan's awkward questions is back on again

Government Minister walks out on him

This is worth watching

Best bit is from 7 minutes onwards;

Basically;

Piers Morgan: Why have we got the worst death rates etc?

Therese Coffey: Age and Obesity

(incidentally another lie since some other countries have older populations and more obesity, but lower death rates)

Piers Morgan: So its the public's fault for being too old and fat?

Therese Coffey: You are insulting the public

Piers Morgan: But you said it!!! - not me

Therese Coffey: Goodbye >:-)

Death and obesity in other countries also depends on the amount of vitamin D. Sunnier countries = more vitamin D.

Archived