BoJo's Stooge gives out wrong date for quarantine

John52

With hundreds of thousands of holidaymakers nervously hanging on his every word, it is fair to expect the transport secretary to have a firm grasp of the details when announcing France would be removed from the UK’s travel corridor list.

But Grant Shapps sowed confusion on Thursday night by apparently giving out the wrong information, suggesting the quarantine measures would be coming into force on Sunday when, in fact, they are doing so 20 hours earlier.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/14/grant-shapps-slight-slip-sows-confusion-over-france-quarantine-rules-covid-19

“Twenty-four hours, a lot of miles, a lot of stress and a lot of money down the drain,” said Michelle Lawfull. “Don’t get me started on this government. It’s not printable.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/14/britons-in-france-scramble-to-get-home-before-quarantine-begins

The governments biggest mistake may turn out to be screwing up the exam results.

Having relied on a computer to screw them up ( or was it a Sat-Nav ? ) - they have upset a lot of youngsters who will be old enough to vote in four years time.

8-)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2020-08-15 9:21 AM

The governments biggest mistake may turn out to be screwing up the exam results.

Having relied on a computer to screw them up ( or was it a Sat-Nav ? ) - they have upset a lot of youngsters who will be old enough to vote in four years time.

8-)

I suspect those that don't make it to a Loony Liberal Lefty brainwashing sasuage machine aka University ;-) ............

Will in 4 years time be counting their blessings and the money in their bank >:-) ..........

pelmetman - 2020-08-15 9:27 AM

8-)

I suspect those that don't make it to a Loony Liberal Lefty brainwashing sasuage machine aka University ;-) ............

Will in 4 years time be counting their blessings and the money in their bank >:-) ..........

Well they can all appeal against their grades now - at you the taxpayers expense.

8-)

You really do have a huge chip on your shoulder about anyone you perceive as ' educated '.

I suspect this may be because your local education authourity couldn't come up with any teachers who knew more than you, so that is why you say you didn't enjoy school.

8-)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2020-08-15 6:29 PM

8-)

You really do have a huge chip on your shoulder about anyone you perceive as ' educated '.

I suspect this may be because your local education authourity couldn't come up with any teachers who knew more than you, so that is why you say you didn't enjoy school.

8-)

You are confusing my lack of respect for our Left wing Brainwashing/education system as a chip on my shoulder ;-) ...........

It's become more and more apparent over the years it is no longer about teaching folk the bascis, it's more about feeding their own Left wing University sausage machine *-) ..........

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/many-degrees-are-a-waste-of-time-and-money-kn2bq3pzw

https://education-forum.co.uk/briefing/uk-graduates-find-university-waste-time/

It appears the evidence backs up this uneducated blokes opinion >:-) ............

pelmetman - 2020-08-16 8:22 AM

8-)

8-)

You are confusing my lack of respect for our Left wing Brainwashing/education system as a chip on my shoulder ;-) ...........

It's become more and more apparent over the years it is no longer about teaching folk the bascis, it's more about feeding their own Left wing University sausage machine *-) ..........

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/many-degrees-are-a-waste-of-time-and-money-kn2bq3pzw

It appears the evidence backs up this uneducated blokes opinion >:-) ............

I would agree that a lot of university courses are a waste of time and money.

My view of the plan by various governments to get all youngsters into university is all about keeping the unemployment figures down - and these institutions have now just become money making businesses. After all, with the decline of 'real' jobs ( for instance, manufacturing) in this country - new businesses had to be created.

However I don't se any connection in any press articles with your constantly repeated looney- left, marxist ( etc ) conspiracy theory about universities.

Unlike you, I believe that right wingers can be educated people too..

:-|

malc d - 2020-08-16 10:21 AM

8-)

8-)

However I don't see any connection in any press articles with your constantly repeated looney- left, marxist ( etc ) conspiracy theory about universities.

I think you'll find Pelmet agrees with your final point.....just that he believes only right wingers are educated. *-)

Actually it seems that Dave believes that when newly qualified Civil Engineers leave University they have been so brainwashed by loony lefty, liberal, loser, ( etc. etc ) professors, that they start building Marxist flyovers.

;-)

I expect he will claim that is why we drive on the left.

:-(

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2020-08-16 4:48 PM

Actually it seems that Dave believes that when newly qualified Civil Engineers leave University they have been so brainwashed by loony lefty, liberal, loser, ( etc. etc ) professors, that they start building Marxist flyovers.

;-)

Nope.......I'm saying our universities pick their fodder ;-) ..........

Prolly from those who want to become teachers :-| .......

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-08-16 1:39 PM

8-)

8-)

However I don't see any connection in any press articles with your constantly repeated looney- left, marxist ( etc ) conspiracy theory about universities.

I think you'll find Pelmet agrees with your final point.....just that he believes only right wingers are educated. *-)

Nope.........Being self educated in the "university of life" without bias ;-) .........

I know you Communists are the worst option for folk like me :-| ...........

Just sayin >:-) ........

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-08-16 5:00 PM

pelmetman - 2020-08-16 4:57 PM

.Being self educated .....

and look how you turned out *-)

Yep ;-) ........I know how to use a toilet >:-) .........

JUST SAYIN :D .......

8-)

8-)

Nope.........Being self educated in the "university of life" without bias ;-) .........

Did you mean to say self educated without ' books ' ?

I have to admire you for accepting the blame yourself.

;-)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2020-08-16 8:39 PM

8-)

8-)

;-)

Yep I accept the blame for not being a Loser B-) ..........

Despite my disadvantaged upbringing :D ........

So what's your excuse for being a Lefty Malc? ;-) ..........

Just askin? >:-) ...........

pelmetman - 2020-08-16 9:00 PM

8-)

8-)

;-)

I would be interested to know how you educate yourself in Maths, English, Physics etc - or even Carpentry, Metalwork or Computer Programming " without BIAS " ?

What did you mean by that ?

What BIAS were you avoiding ?

(?)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2020-08-17 8:57 AM

8-)

8-)

;-)

I would be interested to know how you educate yourself in Maths, English, Physics etc - or even Carpentry, Metalwork or Computer Programming " without BIAS " ?

(?)

I left school barely literate ;-) .........

The Navy taught me more maths and English in just a few months than my schools had managed in years B-) .........

Left wing bias of course >:-) ............

https://www.adamsmith.org/research/lackademia-why-do-academics-lean-left

BTW I was a self taught curtain fitter, Pelmet maker, Headboard maker, Pouffe stuffer and designer :D .......

pelmetman - 2020-08-17 9:37 AM

8-)

8-)

;-)

(?)

1) I left school barely literate ;-) .........

2) The Navy taught me more maths and English in just a few months than my schools had managed in years B-) .........

3) BTW I was a self taught curtain fitter, Pelmet maker, Headboard maker, Pouffe stuffer and designer :D .......

1) No surprises there then.

2) Pity you didn't stay longer and learn how to complete a sentence.

3) So a fascist puff stuffer who only ever sold curtains opening and closing on the right.

pelmetman - 2020-08-17 9:37 AM

8-)

8-)

;-)

(?)

I left school barely literate ;-) .........

The Navy taught me more maths and English in just a few months than my schools had managed in years B-) .........

BTW I was a self taught curtain fitter, Pelmet maker, Headboard maker, Pouffe stuffer and designer :D .......

As I thought. You're not " self educated " at all. You just swapped teachers in your school for teachers in the Navy ( and probably dropped a number of subjects at the same time ).

The link you provided really refers to Universities, where politics / philosophy type subjects are studied in depth which may well be affected by right or left wing bias -but I doubt many local school teachers in maths or chemistry lessons have the time or inclination to politically brainwash their pupils at the same time - which appears to be your belief..

Looks like you've done o.k. in spite of your start, but I bet you relied on a few books / manuals ( written by teachers ) to learn your trades..

;-)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2020-08-17 2:18 PM

Looks like you've done o.k. in spite of your start, but I bet you relied on a few books / manuals ( written by teachers ) to learn your trades..

;-)

Dunno what kinda school you went too Malc? 8-) .........

But I never saw any books on Pouffe stuffing :D ........

I learn't my pelmet making skills by observation ;-) ........

I observed how the pelmets were made in my inlaws bungalow, and noticed how superior they were to the buckrum and Pelform types offered by the shops I worked for B-) .........

The rest is history :-> .........

Archived