BoJo's World Beating Track & Trace

John52

Now on verge of collapse :-S

I went into Wetherspoons - there was a pile of forms by the door to fill in but nobody seemed to be bothered.

I would have filled in a form if it hadn't been so crowded with the taxpayer funded subsidy, but I didn't want to hang about and catch the virus so came straight out.

I would have given my real name and number too, but then I could self isolate for a fortnight without much difficulty.

I can see it would be very difficult for some people to self isolate, and why they would be reluctant to do so just on the basis an infected person had been in the pub recently. So I can understand why so many apparently give a fake name and number.

Not that it seems to make any difference whether they fill in the form and give their real name or not

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/08/keir-starmer-warns-uks-test-and-trace-system-on-verge-of-collapse

John52 - 2020-09-08 8:15 PM

Now on verge of collapse :-S

I went into Wetherspoons - there was a pile of forms by the door to fill in but nobody seemed to be bothered.

I would have filled in a form if it hadn't been so crowded with the taxpayer funded subsidy, but I didn't want to hang about and catch the virus so came straight out.

I would have given my real name and number too, but then I could self isolate for a fortnight without much difficulty.

I can see it would be very difficult for some people to self isolate, and why they would be reluctant to do so just on the basis an infected person had been in the pub recently. So I can understand why so many apparently give a fake name and number.

Not that it seems to make any difference whether they fill in the form and give their real name or not

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/08/keir-starmer-warns-uks-test-and-trace-system-on-verge-of-collapse

Cant say that was my experience of Wetherspoons ... Went in twice in Southport and both times bar staff made sure the form that takes seconds to fill was handed over ... Wetherspoons was no more crowded than anywhere else either ... Looks like its all nasty Wetherspoons fault ... Well the nasty owners fault ... I see plenty of folk in the co-op without masks on each morning when I buy my copy of the Guardian, maybe with your experience and mine we gan assume folk unbelievably have to take personal responsibility and one shouldn't try the blame game on pubs and shops

What are you chuckling about?

The link is unrelated to the title of this thread

Just Scots travelling to England for private treatment

Because private treatment is available when nhs treatment isn't.

Melonie Brown, from Walthamstow, north London, took her 13-year-old son to school on Tuesday, only to be called in to pick him up because of a cough. “The website sent me straight to Inverness,” she said. “So we tried from a different phone to see if there was a glitch, and that one was in Telford” – 155 miles away.

Not knowing what else to do, and desperate for her son to get back to school, she contacted her local MP, Stella Creasy. As it turned out, Creasy was able to point her to a closer testing centre – in Walthamstow. Brown took her son on Thursday and they queued for 10 minutes, with no need to book. Later the same day, a Serco worker there told the Guardian he had no idea know why the centre was not showing up online for locals.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/11/its-world-leadingly-bad-is-what-it-is-the-week-covid-surged-again-in-uk

John52 - 2020-09-12 1:10 PM

Melonie Brown, from Walthamstow, north London, took her 13-year-old son to school on Tuesday, only to be called in to pick him up because of a cough. “The website sent me straight to Inverness,” she said. “So we tried from a different phone to see if there was a glitch, and that one was in Telford” – 155 miles away.

Not knowing what else to do, and desperate for her son to get back to school, she contacted her local MP, Stella Creasy. As it turned out, Creasy was able to point her to a closer testing centre – in Walthamstow. Brown took her son on Thursday and they queued for 10 minutes, with no need to book. Later the same day, a Serco worker there told the Guardian he had no idea know why the centre was not showing up online for locals.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/11/its-world-leadingly-bad-is-what-it-is-the-week-covid-surged-again-in-uk

The Chuckle brothers will praise that as Tory efficiency. :-|

Bulletguy - 2020-09-12 2:38 PM

John52 - 2020-09-12 1:10 PM

The Chuckle brothers will praise that as Tory efficiency. :-|

Imagine what they would be saying if Jeremy Corbyn was responsible for this

The recurring theme is that Scottish testing centres are showing themselves available, when English testing centres are not.

Further evidence that Scotland is better run.

The Serco guy can't say whats gone wrong for commercial reasons, Serco can't afford to criticise politicians who are showering them with our money.

"people are being told by test and trace that they need to self-isolate when their isolation period has been and gone."

Prof John Ashton, a former regional director of public health for north-west England, said the performance of the system was so poor that it could lead to legal claims against the authorities........... “the horse has bolted - they have already spread it,” he warned.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/17/covid-19-uk-test-and-trace-barely-functional-as-nearly-10-million-face-lockdown

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-09-17 10:16 PM

"people are being told by test and trace that they need to self-isolate when their isolation period has been and gone."

Prof John Ashton, a former regional director of public health for north-west England, said the performance of the system was so poor that it could lead to legal claims against the authorities........... “the horse has bolted - they have already spread it,” he warned.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/17/covid-19-uk-test-and-trace-barely-functional-as-nearly-10-million-face-lockdown

Kinda wondering whether there is a campaign by Losers to flood the system :-| ......

Seeing as we are testing more people than many EU countries ;-) .........

I see on the news a load of Geordies were sent to a empty car park? 8-) .......

Barry's revenge on his own I wonder? :D .......

pelmetman - 2020-09-17 10:23 PM

Kinda wondering whether there is a campaign by Losers to flood the system :-| ......

Was that one of the testing sites that were pulled down to make way for Brexit lorry parks?

Nowt to do with me, I want my country to be safe, secure and prosperous, I dont want to damage it or the people in it. Im a true Patriot unlike you who are so obsessed with "Winning" you are prepared to let the moron in charge right now run it into the ground and break apart our historic United Kingdom.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-09-17 10:27 PM

pelmetman - 2020-09-17 10:23 PM

Was that one of the testing sites that were pulled down to make way for Brexit lorry parks?

Nowt to do with me, I want my country to be safe, secure and prosperous, I dont want to damage it or the people in it. Im a true Patriot unlike you who are so obsessed with "Winning" you are prepared to let the moron in charge right now run it into the ground and break apart our historic United Kingdom.

More BFN *-) .......

Or is it more BBC? :D ........

Barry's Bullsh*t Corperation (lol) ........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.50b82ce0374e50e2d325854cad6b0362.jpg

jumpstart - 2020-09-20 7:31 AM

Someone I know who is retired was trained fo track and trace by phone. He did the course with a number of others about 2 to 3 months ago. To this day he and the others have not had a single phone call. He is paid to stay in by the phone each day.

... and yet people are being called and told they need to self isolate after their 14 days quarantine is up.

£100 billion

BoJo has already wasted far more than any Looney Leftie Government has ever done :-S

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-09-20 8:33 AM

BoJo has already wasted far more than any Looney Leftie Government has ever done :-S

So you are you complaining about what? ;-) .........

That the Tories are waisting our money instead of Labour or the EU?...........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.ec4b40ad45d39b761e744ef4e348f498.jpg

Archived