Boris?

Conrad

Any truth in the rumour that Boris is dead, pictures of him at Chequers old ones? Another government cover-up, like how ill he was before finally admitted to hospital? And what about the real power, Dominic Cummings, is he still alive? All a conspiracy by an inept group of public schoolboys.

Conrad - 2020-04-23 12:16 PM

Any truth in the rumour that Boris is dead, pictures of him at Chequers old ones? Another government cover-up, like how ill he was before finally admitted to hospital? And what about the real power, Dominic Cummings, is he still alive? All a conspiracy by an inept group of public schoolboys.

NURSE! Time for his meds!

You're right though. Boris and Dom are definitely inept. Look what happens when you put them in charge of an election campaign. Silly b*ggers could only manage an eighty seat majority.

Conrad - 2020-04-23 11:16 AM ..... All a conspiracy by an inept group of public schoolboys.

Boris was certainly a public schoolboy but Dominic Cummins?  In his case I suspect it would have to have been Sidcot or Millfield to turn him into a wierdo/geek.

And are you suggesting they are conspiring to save as many of us as possible from COVID-19 or conspiring not to save us?  I would call it a team effort and I think they are doing pretty well so far.

I would call it a team effort and I think they are doing pretty well so far.

"Pretty well" - not sure what news you are getting StuartO, but obviously it's not including lack of testing facilities, eg people having to travel for 3 hour round trip, lack of ppe, confusion about planning, late decisions, confusion about what the police will pull you up for. Just heard the author of report into SARS outbreak a few years ago, who made it very clear the government didn't follow the recommendations; funnily enough, Singapore did and have much lower rates of infection.

I guess it is a lot easier to contol people when the state plays a larger influence in their lives and the populace may be more inclined to listen to and follow government instructions, maybe with more severe sanctions if they do not?

Are we now paying the price of enhanced personal freedoms and reluctance of Western governments to offend the 'I know my rights' and civil liberties brigades?

Conrad - 2020-04-23 2:30 PM

Just heard the author of report into SARS outbreak a few years ago, who made it very clear the government didn't follow the recommendations; funnily enough, Singapore did and have much lower rates of infection.

Oops. Wrong again.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/21/singapore-coronavirus-outbreak-surges-with-3000-new-cases-in-three-days

From the link: The tiny city-state has the highest number of cases in south-east Asia, a huge increase from 200 infections on 15 March, when its outbreak appeared to be nearly under control. About 3,000 cases have been reported in the past three days.

Conrad - 2020-04-23 1:30 PMI would call it a team effort and I think they are doing pretty well so far.

"Pretty well" - not sure what news you are getting StuartO, but obviously it's not including lack of testing facilities, eg people having to travel for 3 hour round trip, lack of ppe, confusion about planning, late decisions, confusion about what the police will pull you up for. Just heard the author of report into SARS outbreak a few years ago, who made it very clear the government didn't follow the recommendations; funnily enough, Singapore did and have much lower rates of infection.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------malc d :I reckon it will be at least a year before we know how well this has been handled.I think the big mistake that the politicians have made, at their daily press briefing, is thinking they are in an election campaign - simply answering all journalists questions by repeating how hard they are all working - what a great job they are doing - and jam tomorrow. ...although in this instance, instead of jam, they are promising tens of thousands of tests (sometime in the future), millions more packs of PPE,( sometime in the future ) - etcFortunately they are aided, daily, by some people who are really worth listening to. :-|

malc d - 2020-04-23 2:48 PM

I think the big mistake that the politicians have made, at their daily press briefing, is thinking they are in an election campaign - simply answering all journalists questions by repeating how hard they are all working - what a great job they are doing - and jam tomorrow.

Fortunately they are aided, daily, by some people who are really worth listening to.

I agree, the politicians are 'doing everything they can' to make themselves look better and it has become much more of a party political event than a genuine update briefing.

And as for the questions, I have to wonder how much more stupid the alleged 'journalists' can get in their downward drive to be the most politcally correct.

Much like the News, not worth watching, just pick up the headlines from Ceefax!

Or come on here and let the resident experts advise.

Tracker - 2020-04-23 3:15 PM

I think the big mistake that the politicians have made, at their daily press briefing, is thinking they are in an election campaign - simply answering all journalists questions by repeating how hard they are all working - what a great job they are doing - and jam tomorrow.

Fortunately they are aided, daily, by some people who are really worth listening to.

And as for the questions, I have to wonder how much more stupid the alleged 'journalists' can get in their downward drive to be the most politcally correct.

You must remember that the normal day job for a lot of these journalists is to stand in Downing Street and shout inane questions at anyone entering or leaving No.10.

;-)

Guest pelmetman

So would Queer Stammer ignore the advice of the government experts? :-| ........

He never did say at PMQ's *-) .........

Just sayin >:-) .......

41000+ dead in the UK according to the FT yesterday compared to Germany 5000+. On what planet can you call that a good job?

Johnson is probably back on that Caribbean island some mystery backer paid for when this all kicked off. What I find bizarre is people thinking they are doing a good job. who are they trying to convince? Themselves I bet as they voted for them. Its like Stockholm Syndrome.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-04-23 3:58 PM

41000+ dead in the UK according to the FT yesterday compared to Germany 5000+. On what planet can you call that a good job?

Johnson is probably back on that Caribbean island some mystery backer paid for when this all kicked off. What I find bizarre is people thinking they are doing a good job. who are they trying to convince? Themselves I bet as they voted for them. Its like Stockholm Syndrome.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52147861

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/who-up-to-half-of-europes-covid-19-deaths-in-care-homes/vi-BB135Y7W

"Almost half of all people who have died with coronavirus in Europe were residents in care facilities, the World Health Organisation’s regional director for Europe has said. Dr Hans Kluge told a press conference on Thursday there was a “deeply concerning picture” emerging regarding those in long-term care. He said: “According to estimates from countries in the European region, up to half of those who have died from Covid-19 were resident in long-term care facilities. This is an unimaginable human tragedy.”

Sounds like you have head up your ar*e syndrom ;-) ........

Just sayin *-) ............

pelmetman - 2020-04-23 3:28 PM

So would Queer Stammer ignore the advice of the government experts? :-| ........

That's because Starmer is intelligent enough to know that ' PMQ 's does NOT mean ' Opposition Leaders Questions ' -

( The letters PM are the clue ).

:-|

pelmetman - 2020-04-23 4:15 PM

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/who-up-to-half-of-europes-covid-19-deaths-in-care-homes/vi-BB135Y7W

"Almost half of all people who have died with coronavirus in Europe were residents in care facilities, the World Health Organisation’s regional director for Europe has said. Dr Hans Kluge told a press conference on Thursday there was a “deeply concerning picture” emerging regarding those in long-term care. He said: “According to estimates from countries in the European region, up to half of those who have died from Covid-19 were resident in long-term care facilities. This is an unimaginable human tragedy.”

And your point is? https://www.ft.com/content/67e6a4ee-3d05-43bc-ba03-e239799fa6ab

pelmetman - 2020-04-23 4:15 PM

And your point is? https://www.ft.com/content/67e6a4ee-3d05-43bc-ba03-e239799fa6ab

That of the usual suspects who are easy to spot.

This is what happens when a cult is created and its adherents are ready to swallow the Kool-Aid. Some loon in America wants to 'liberate' states from lockdown so the potty lot take to the streets waving placards and assault weapons led by batsh1t crazy Alex Jones with a megaphone. They'll end up killing each other before the virus gets a chance to kill them thereby defeating the virus....messy but an American ingenuity kind of clever! :-S

Unfortunately we have a MiniMe version here of the same clown. :-|

malc d - 2020-04-23 5:18 PM

pelmetman - 2020-04-23 3:28 PM

That's because Starmer is intelligent enough to know that ' PMQ 's does NOT mean ' Opposition Leaders Questions ' -

( The letters PM are the clue ).

:-|

Touche! :D:D

I think the big mistake that the politicians have made, at their daily press briefing, is thinking they are in an election campaign - simply answering all journalists questions by repeating how hard they are all working - what a great job they are doing - and jam tomorrow

Thats why I have given up listening to the Downing Street Press briefings. I see the blame game has already started, but to avoid 'blue on blue' they are preparing to blame the scientists with another BoJo 3 word slogan 'guided by science' :-S

StuartO - 2020-04-23 12:07 PM I think they are doing pretty well so far.

I am trying to understand how anybody could believe that, especially when the clown in charge has even caught it himself. Perhaps you could help me out Stuart.

Where are you getting this idea from - Do you ever look beyond the Downing Street press briefings?

Archived