BrexSh1t dump

Bulletguy

Another mind blowing Brexit "win". *-)

Government says polluters can dump raw sewage into rivers as Brexit disrupts water treatment 8-)

The government has given polluters the green light to dump raw sewage into rivers and the sea as Brexit and Covid disrupt normal water treatment.

Some businesses have found it more difficult to get hold of water treatment chemicals because of supply chain disruption at ports blamed primarily on Britain's departure from the EU.

The Environment Agency this week said companies struggling to get hold of the treatment chemicals would be allowed to "discharge effluent without meeting the conditions" of their permits, which normally require water to be treated.

The ending of free movement and the creation of new red tape on doing business with Britain's largest trading partner has also exacerbated a shortage of lorry drivers, with the logistical nightmare compounded by coronavirus.

https://www.independent.co.uk/climate-change/brexit-raw-sewerage-water-treatment-b1915765.html

pelmetman - 2021-09-09 9:45 AM

It's alright ;-) ..........

The tide will take it towards the EU >:-) ........

(lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Nope.

You don't like those who have studied so I guess you don't know the principle of communicating vessels.

Tide goes up and down and brings back its waste.

Guest pelmetman
mtravel - 2021-09-09 9:04 AM

The tide will take it towards the EU >:-) ........

(lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Nope.

You don't like those who have studied so I guess you don't know the principle of communicating vessels.

So that's why the Galapagos Islands have a waste problem? *-) ..........

I suggest you sue your school chum ;-) .........

Coz you is deffo dumb (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

pelmetman - 2021-09-09 10:41 AM

So that's why the Galapagos Islands have a waste problem? *-) ..........

I suggest you sue your school chum ;-) .........

Coz you is deffo dumb (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

Waste probably comes from the Malvinas Islands.

The tide will take it towards the EU >:-) .................

Nope.

Dave is now a "seaside boy", so should know about this, especially as he was also in the Navy, but there is a phenomenon knows as longshore drift - especially applicable along the south coast shores of the UK. It's effect is exacerbated by our prevailing south westerly winds.

This means that whereas the tides do carry such waste out to sea, and then bring it back ashore, the place in which it arrives back is invariably further east along the coast, but never on the opposite (EU) side of the channel.

So, sewage discharged at one place on the UK south coast will get deposited back onto the UK south coast at a point to the east of its origin. In my experience, that point will be in the region of 10 miles further east - depending on local tide states and wind strengths.

I know this from swimming experiences in my youth, where our favourite swimming beach was that distance east of a major south coast resort, and high tides frequently brought us a variety of strange floating souvenirs from the resort. Could be interesting when surfacing with a few of the rubber variety wrapped around your snorkel 8-) ! Not the sort of thing one easily forgets. So, as it seems to be a result of Brexit, it seems it should be logged as just one more of its unforeseen consequences.

The general consequence of a lack of personnel in varying occupations was easily enough predictable (and was predicted) but was dismissed by the Brexit fundamentalists as project fear. I'll forgive them for not foreseeing every individual consequence such as a shortage of waste treatment chemicals, and its consequences, but the general point was well enough made. So, the Brexit fundamentalists should just suck this one up - literally, I hope!

Brian Kirby - 2021-09-09 1:17 PM

Nope.

....So, sewage discharged at one place on the UK south coast will get deposited back onto the UK south coast at a point to the east of its origin. In my experience, that point will be in the region of 10 miles further east - depending on local tide states and wind strengths.

The Brexsh1t stream of turds will be flowing towards Weymouth where Pelmet will feel at home playing in the sea with them off his landladys "private beach".

The general consequence of a lack of personnel in varying occupations was easily enough predictable (and was predicted) but was dismissed by the Brexit fundamentalists as project fear. So, the Brexit fundamentalists should just suck this one up - literally, I hope!

Exactly......it's project reality. They voted for a crock of sh1te and thats exactly what they've got. Enjoy choking on those turds Pelmet, you voted for it.

Guest pelmetman

Nope.

Dave is now a "seaside boy", so should know about this, especially as he was also in the Navy, but there is a phenomenon knows as longshore drift - especially applicable along the south coast shores of the UK. It's effect is exacerbated by our prevailing south westerly winds.

This means that whereas the tides do carry such waste out to sea, and then bring it back ashore, the place in which it arrives back is invariably further east along the coast, but never on the opposite (EU) side of the channel.

So, sewage discharged at one place on the UK south coast will get deposited back onto the UK south coast at a point to the east of its origin. In my experience, that point will be in the region of 10 miles further east - depending on local tide states and wind strengths.

I know this from swimming experiences in my youth, where our favourite swimming beach was that distance east of a major south coast resort, and high tides frequently brought us a variety of strange floating souvenirs from the resort. Could be interesting when surfacing with a few of the rubber variety wrapped around your snorkel 8-) ! Not the sort of thing one easily forgets. So, as it seems to be a result of Brexit, it seems it should be logged as just one more of its unforeseen consequences.

The general consequence of a lack of personnel in varying occupations was easily enough predictable (and was predicted) but was dismissed by the Brexit fundamentalists as project fear. I'll forgive them for not foreseeing every individual consequence such as a shortage of waste treatment chemicals, and its consequences, but the general point was well enough made. So, the Brexit fundamentalists should just suck this one up - literally, I hope!

Question Brian ;-) .........

Do you think turds weigh more than sand? :D........

BTW..... land lauched turds rarely make it to sea in one piece (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

P1010899.JPG.3092026f26026f19e446610f38528a1d.JPG

pelmetman - 2021-09-09 7:06 PM

Nope.

Why should he answer any of your questions when you don't have the decency to answer his?

Guest pelmetman

Nope.

:D .........

"Longshore drift from longshore current is a geological process that consists of the transportation of sediments (clay, silt, pebbles, sand, shingle) along a coast parallel to the shoreline, which is dependent on the angle incoming wave direction. Oblique incoming wind squeezes water along the coast, and so generates a water current which moves parallel to the coast. Longshore drift is simply the sediment moved by the longshore current. This current and sediment movement occur within the surf zone. The process is also known as littoral drift."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longshore_drift

"littoral drift"........Not to be confused with the literal Bollox's spread by our resident LOSERS >:-) .......

(lol) (lol) (lol) ........

pelmetman - 2021-09-09 7:57 PM

Nope.

"Longshore drift from longshore current is a geological process that consists of the transportation of sediments (clay, silt, pebbles, sand, shingle) along a coast parallel to the shoreline, which is dependent on the angle incoming wave direction. Oblique incoming wind squeezes water along the coast, and so generates a water current which moves parallel to the coast. Longshore drift is simply the sediment moved by the longshore current. This current and sediment movement occur within the surf zone. The process is also known as littoral drift."

"littoral drift"........Not to be confused with the literal Bollox's spread by our resident LOSERS >:-) .......

I would have expected that a sailor like yourself would understand that the tide flows and ebbs around the coast moving parallel to the coast, not just going in and out up the beach.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-09-09 8:25 PM

Nope.

I would have expected that a sailor like yourself would understand that the tide flows and ebbs around the coast moving parallel to the coast, not just going in and out up the beach.

I would have expected that you'd know that like Lefties............ Sh1t floats >:-) .........

Even Brian knows that (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Nope.

Pelmet gets owned, schooled and skewered, doesn't like it so resorts to his usual juvenile silliness.

pelmetman - 2021-09-09 7:06 PM............................

BTW..... land lauched turds rarely make it to sea in one piece (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

Question Dave, Do you think raw sewage contains only turds?

To answer your question from personal experience, turds float while sand sinks!

These are raw sewage discharges from existing outfalls and everything discharged, whether in one piece or not, will have originated inland. That is what a sewage outfall is for, to dump the effluent sufficiently far out from the shore that it is dispersed widely and broken up before it is carried back to shore.

The effluent is supposed to be screened and treated before discharge but, in the absence of the chemicals needed for treatment, and with no way of stemming the inflow to the treatment plant, the untreated effluent has eventually to be discharged. It isn't at all difficult to understand, if one just thinks for a second or three.

pelmetman - 2021-09-09 8:32 PM.......................

I would have expected that you'd know that like Lefties............ Sh1t floats >:-) .........

Even Brian knows that (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

From which, I conclude that "Righties" merely sink! Certainly seems to be the case so far. (lol) (lol) (lol)

Brian Kirby - 2021-09-10 11:39 AM

These are raw sewage discharges from existing outfalls and everything discharged, whether in one piece or not, will have originated inland. That is what a sewage outfall is for, to dump the effluent sufficiently far out from the shore that it is dispersed widely and broken up before it is carried back to shore.

The effluent is supposed to be screened and treated before discharge but, in the absence of the chemicals needed for treatment, and with no way of stemming the inflow to the treatment plant, the untreated effluent has eventually to be discharged. It isn't at all difficult to understand, if one just thinks for a second or three.

I know we're now reduced to third country status but I never expected the UK to descend to a third world country which dumping of raw sewage into rivers is. It's unforgivable and i'm staggered some clowns appear to find it acceptable because Johnson has given it the green light.

Guest pelmetman

Untreated effluent down here ends up in the sea when ever there is heavy rain :-| ...................

I dont recall you LOSERS ever going all drama queen when ever that happens??? *-) ............

pelmetman - 2021-09-10 1:50 PM

Untreated effluent down here ends up in the sea when ever there is heavy rain :-| ...................

With your known filthy fetish you obviously feel at home. :-|

pelmetman - 2021-09-10 1:50 PM................................Untreated effluent down here ends up in the sea when ever there is heavy rain :-| ..............................

Quite possibly, so but is that a good thing? Wouldn't it be better if it were not so? Or do you advocate dumping raw sewage into the sea? If so, why? Many diseases are spread via sewage.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2021-09-10 2:37 PM

pelmetman - 2021-09-10 1:50 PM................................Untreated effluent down here ends up in the sea when ever there is heavy rain :-| ..............................

Quite possibly, so but is that a good thing? Wouldn't it be better if it were not so? Or do you advocate dumping raw sewage into the sea? If so, why? Many diseases are spread via sewage.

My MIL was brought up on veg from their garden which was fed with their poo 8-) ......

She lived to 94 B-) .......

I doubt I would survive that long on the Bullsh*t you LOSERS feed me *-) .......

pelmetman - 2021-09-11 8:49 PM

Brian Kirby - 2021-09-10 2:37 PM

My MIL was brought up on veg from their garden which was fed with their poo 8-) ......

She lived to 94 B-) .......

I doubt I would survive that long on the Bullsh*t you LOSERS feed me *-) .......

Hmmmmmmmmmmm! Did she also smoke 90 fags a week, so proving there is no link between smoking and cancer (and quite a few other diseases? Strange though, that all developed countries ban the use of raw sewage as fertiliser in order to minimise the risk of spreading gastro-intestinal diseases such as cholera, isn't it? Where did you say your family came from? Not UK, surely?

Archived