Brexit Blighty on the up.........

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

First trade deal with Japan in the bag B-) ........

July's GDP figures showing that we are recovering quickly from Chinky Flu :D .........

Sadly I suspect that will be bad news our resident Loser Brigade >:-) .........

Snigger........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.1b0b1f11fae515e90edb5b14d90f8689.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL!

"Ms Truss will hail this as the first major trade deal signed by Britain since Brexit, although it will largely replicate the terms of the agreement between Japan and the EU that came into force in February 2019."

and

"the UK admits a deal might only boost British GDP by 0.07 per cent and would be a bigger prize for Japanese exporters."

https://www.ft.com/content/177c3338-5464-4aa1-898b-885f25aeb196

So we get to flog Stilton cheese which is currently worth about £100k a year and Japan gets to export billions of pounds worth of cars tariff free! Good deal Liz.

Lets not forget though that our Stilton Cheese is now no longer protected under EU law so any fecker can make it anywhere in Europe and sell it as Stilton. Same goes for that Cornish Pasty Johnson was keen on waving about from his spazy red bus.

But house prices and rents are going up so all is well *-)

Increased rents are counted as increased GDP even though nothing is produced

So by restricting housing supply to create a housing crisis to force up rents, more money for worse housing, the official GDP figure increases

Barryd999 - 2020-09-11 12:25 PM

In bargain basement Del Boy Brexit Britain anything will be possible I am sure. Is that what we really want to be though?

I hope thats not what we are aiming for because our costs are too high to compete just on price.

We need to aim for the top, competing with countries like Germany on quality and innovation

Instead of aiming for the bottom competing with countries like Cambodia on price - because they will beat us on that.

John52 - 2020-09-11 12:34 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-09-11 12:25 PM

In bargain basement Del Boy Brexit Britain anything will be possible I am sure. Is that what we really want to be though?

I hope thats not what we are aiming for because our costs are too high to compete just on price.

We need to aim for the top, competing with countries like Germany on quality and innovation

Instead of aiming for the bottom competing with countries like Cambodia on price - because they will beat us on that.

I dont think we will be producing anything except for as you say maybe a few high end niche markets. Whats left of manufacturing is fooked. Thats why the North East as the only net manufacturing exporter in the country will be devastated in a no deal exit. Even the Brexiteers tame economists said so much. The will all have to find jobs in Marketing or graphic design I think was the quote. Marketing what exactly I am not sure. Money laundering and low tax haven deals perhaps.

Barryd999 - 2020-09-11 11:01 AM

LOL!

"Ms Truss will hail this as the first major trade deal signed by Britain since Brexit, although it will largely replicate the terms of the agreement between Japan and the EU that came into force in February 2019."

and

"the UK admits a deal might only boost British GDP by 0.07 per cent and would be a bigger prize for Japanese exporters."

https://www.ft.com/content/177c3338-5464-4aa1-898b-885f25aeb196

So we get to flog Stilton cheese which is currently worth about £100k a year and Japan gets to export billions of pounds worth of cars tariff free! Good deal Liz.

Lets not forget though that our Stilton Cheese is now no longer protected under EU law so any fecker can make it anywhere in Europe and sell it as Stilton. Same goes for that Cornish Pasty Johnson was keen on waving about from his spazy red bus.

Every time plonker Pelmet posts attempting to praise Brexit Britain.......you just know it's more bullsh1t when he doesn't link for fear of embarrassment!!! ;-)

So it's always good to see a link from a credible source which blows the op's cloud cuckoo dreams apart and to use the op's quote, "sadly I suspect it will be bad news for our resident Brexit Loon who still thinks he's a winner". (lol)(lol)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-09-11 10:00 AM

Of course GDP figure rose after the lockdown

But UK still has the worst hit to GDP in the G7

Why didn't you say the G10? ;-) ........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.9c83115bf739cd2cb9bf96dbd77be1bf.jpg

454401561_P1020149Battleensign.JPG.b6a5982c59fb134001c0ae164c427a50.JPG

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.dd01a70dabbf257d76591e3731240c4c.jpg

P1010992.JPG.2e8c6f0e541c1e9f68026b74c58ef352.JPG

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.4acf4bdfaab53ea626d7722afec448ee.jpg

pelmetman - 2020-09-11 5:16 PM

Ooop's that's Joke52 of to the kiosk for another fiver on his Marxist dongle >:-) .........

You are wrong about that too

I have BT home broadband which gives me internet throughout UK (and Europe) at no extra charge.

The millions of BT home & business routers around the UK work as wi-fi hotspots.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-09-11 7:06 PM

Ooop's that's Joke52 of to the kiosk for another fiver on his Marxist dongle >:-) .........

I have BT home broadband which gives me internet throughout UK (and Europe) at no extra charge.

The millions of BT home & business routers around the UK work as wi-fi hotspots.

So you've been sponging of other folks tinternet? ;-) ........

How very Scottish :D .......

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.d3475e91dfdf81b9193e9fff02913441.jpg

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-09-11 9:51 PM

Apparently this fantastic trade deal is not on the Japanese government website and there are no details on ours either. Its not even been signed or agreed yet I gather.

You can read Japanese? 8-) ..........

You talk sh*te so perhaps you can >:-) ........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.ba9f9dae308e1a1bafb62f4338dc2e3b.jpg

pelmetman - 2020-09-11 7:28 PM

John52 - 2020-09-11 7:06 PM

So you've been sponging of other folks tinternet? ;-) ........

How very Scottish :D .......

It works both ways :-D

I always leave my router on so visitors to Pissindoon can use my internet :-D

Just as they can use the dog waste bins I pay my council tax for.

Its what happens in a civilised society, and its helping each other, not sponging off each other.

Barryd999 - 2020-09-11 12:41 PM

the North East as the only net manufacturing exporter in the country will be devastated in a no deal exit. Even the Brexiteers tame economists said so much. .

Indeed

Thats what really matters

And this so called trade deal with Japan isn't going to stop that. :-(

Apparently this fantastic trade deal is not on the Japanese government website and there are no details on ours either. Its not even been signed or agreed yet I gather.

Cant you get your Government insider to send you a copy of the agreement ... The one that told you no-deal is dead

Birdbrain - 2020-09-12 6:54 AM

Cant you get your Government insider to send you a copy of the agreement ...

How can he get a copy of an 'agreement' thats not been agreed *-)

John52 - 2020-09-12 7:16 AM

Cant you get your Government insider to send you a copy of the agreement ...

How can he get a copy of an 'agreement' thats not been agreed *-)

Seems its pretty much "agreed" according to your Bible ... https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/11/uk-government-historic-trade-deal-japan-brexit ... Barrys the man in the know ... Let him ask Government for clarity

Cant you get your Government insider to send you a copy of the agreement ... The one that told you no-deal is dead

It was him that told me there is no agreement published either here or in Japan so no, he cant produce it as it doesnt exist. He isnt in government by the way as I said.

Barryd999 - 2020-09-12 9:16 AM

It was him that told me there is no agreement published either here or in Japan so no, he cant produce it as it doesnt exist. He isnt in government by the way as I said.

Your "government source" now isnt "in government" ... Is he the car park attendant then or sumat ???

Guest pelmetman

If he's not in government then how does he know we will be asking for an extension? ;-) ...........

Has he got a crytsal ball and a kiosk on Hartlepool prom? >:-) ..........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.544e5e98c544db9b4ff81bcaa5b99d7e.jpg

Birdbrain - 2020-09-12 9:40 AM

Your "government source" now isnt "in government" ... Is he the car park attendant then or sumat ???

Go back and read what I said originally. He is a high profile well known political commentator, regularly on LBC, Sky News etc. Its him that has sources within Westminster.

Barryd999 - 2020-09-12 10:06 AM

Birdbrain - 2020-09-12 9:40 AM

Go back and read what I said originally. He is a high profile well known political commentator, regularly on LBC, Sky News etc. Its him that has sources within Westminster.

I have read it ... You said "government source" ... Doesnt matter how many times I read the words they still read the same

Archived