Brexit Britain's bounce back from Chinky Flu........

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

Listening to the news you'd think Blighty was on its uppers 8-) ........

If that's the case?.......Why am I waiting weeks months just for quotes? :-S .........

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-07-22 10:27 PM

No need to wait! Here are loads of quotes

https://www.marieclaire.co.uk/news/celebrity-news/boris-johnson-quotes-665692

I'm after quotes from proper trades folk Barry ;-) .........

Not quotes from proper CB Gob sh*tes >:-) ........

BTW......Thanks for the link :D .......

Boris obviously has my sense of humour and way with words B-) .........

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2020-07-23 8:48 AM

pelmetman - 2020-07-22 9:52 PM

If that's the case?.......Why am I waiting weeks months just for quotes? :-S .........

Because they've worked for you before? :-D

Nope...........it appears local tradesmen are rushed off their feet B-) ..........

Perhaps those clever folk with usless degrees should retrain as plumbers/builders/electirians etc etc? ;-) .......

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pelmetman

Had my suspicions confirmed ;-) ..........

The bloke from a local window company came round to quote to supply byfold doors etc for our building work......... he said they had never been so busy B-) .........

The downside is we'll be waiting even longer for our new Horace house and kitchen extension :-( ........

But at least Brexit Blighty is bouncing back from the Chinky Flu B-) ...........

Tell that to the FTSE then as its tanking again. Yep builders and tradesmen are busy. Of course they are, people (including myself) are getting stuff done after the lockdown. However just because Bob the builder is making hay while the sun shines is sadly not a reflection of our entire economy.

pelmetman - 2020-07-23 3:33 PM

Brian Kirby - 2020-07-23 8:48 AM

pelmetman - 2020-07-22 9:52 PM

Because they've worked for you before? :-D

Nope...........it appears local tradesmen are rushed off their feet B-) ..........

I'm sure you'll find someone with your connections in the black economy.

Perhaps those clever folk with usless degrees should retrain as plumbers/builders/electirians etc etc? ;-) .......

And thick folk should learn how to spell.

Barryd999 - 2020-08-03 12:17 PM

Tell that to the FTSE then as its tanking again. Yep builders and tradesmen are busy. Of course they are, people (including myself) are getting stuff done after the lockdown. However just because Bob the builder is making hay while the sun shines is sadly not a reflection of our entire economy.

He finally admits Johnson is a Gobsh*te though i didn't know he was on CB.....wonder what his handle is, The Deceiver? :-D

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-08-03 2:56 PM

He finally admits Johnson is a Gobsh*te though i didn't know he was on CB.....wonder what his handle is, The Deceiver? :-D

It's Tuesday tomorrow Bullet ;-) ........

Perhaps time to take a day off from being a Richard Head *-) ........

Guest pelmetman

It reflects that there are lots of people with a lot of Chinky Flu lockdown dosh in their bank accounts ;-) ........

Perhaps you need to retrain to do a proper job if your down on your uppers? :D .........

pelmetman - 2020-08-03 4:49 PM

It reflects that there are lots of people with a lot of Covid lockdown dosh in their bank accounts ;-) ........

Furlough envy now eh? *-)

Folk still have bills to pay, mortgage, rent and food to buy. Not everyone is a state scrounger which seems to be something of a trait in your family.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-08-03 5:40 PM

It reflects that there are lots of people with a lot of Covid lockdown dosh in their bank accounts ;-) ........

Furlough envy now eh? *-)

Folk still have bills to pay, mortgage, rent and food to buy. Not everyone is a state scrounger which seems to be something of a trait in your family.

Snigger >:-) .........

It reflects that there are lots of people with a lot of Chinky Flu lockdown dosh in their bank accounts ;-) ........

Perhaps you need to retrain to do a proper job if your down on your uppers? :D .........

LOL! except I dont need a job or to work.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-08-03 6:55 PM

So why are you annoyed that the many businesses are stacked with work? ;-) ........

pelmetman - 2020-08-03 7:34 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-08-03 6:55 PM

So why are you annoyed that the many businesses are stacked with work? ;-) ........

Why would you think I was annoyed? Great! Good for them. My builder here who just fitted new French Doors for me is booked up until next year with work. Terrific!

Especially Furlough Fraudsters rolling in your money ...

And now whats to stop cafe owners booking take aways as eat ins to claim 50% of that cost from you?

But thats only part of the story.

There has been much work erecting screens etc, and moving things around to comply with BoJo's ever changing non sensical social distancing guidelines.

A friend working in the Leyland Truck factory points out they have had to spend shedloads of money to achieve 2m social distancing - when their EU competitors operate with 1.5 metres.

Now they have done that BoJo has decided its safe to operate pubs with 1 metre

John52 - 2020-08-04 3:15 PM

And now whats to stop cafe owners booking take aways as eat ins to claim 50% of that cost from you?

There has been much work erecting screens etc, and moving things around to comply with BoJo's ever changing non sensical social distancing guidelines.

A friend working in the Leyland Truck factory points out they have had to spend shedloads of money to achieve 2m social distancing - when their EU competitors operate with 1.5 metres.

Which is basically back to normal. The normal distance people speak to each other at is 1 metre. Basically its just saying the rules dont apply in pubs so take your chances. Ill give it a swerve I think.

Barryd999 - 2020-08-04 4:36 PM

John52 - 2020-08-04 3:15 PM

Which is basically back to normal. The normal distance people speak to each other at is 1 metre. Basically its just saying the rules dont apply in pubs so take your chances. Ill give it a swerve I think.

Here we go again;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-53650214

People can make up any name for contact tracing - and probably will because who wants to be forced to quarantine for 14 days because someone visited there and tested positive.

And if they are giving fictitious names - whats to stop the establishment doing the same, booking carry outs as eat ins to claim the subsidy.

Somebody will be making a lot of money out of us :-S

Birdbrain - 2020-08-04 8:11 PM

. Outside the suppliers a coach load of Muslim males pulled up and started getting off, no masks and all shaking hands and hugging to say goodbye ...

same as the pubs I've seen, except they aren't Muslims

John52 - 2020-08-04 8:38 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-08-04 8:11 PM

. Outside the suppliers a coach load of Muslim males pulled up and started getting off, no masks and all shaking hands and hugging to say goodbye ...

same as the pubs I've seen, except they aren't Muslims

Or I suppose in the at 'greater risk' group like Muslims ... Therefore putting our much loved NHS heroes at risk ... Not nice

Birdbrain - 2020-08-04 8:54 PM

putting our much loved NHS heroes at risk ... Not nice

That was BoJo

Last I heard we were told not to even ring 111 if we get it - just go home and die so we aren't counted in BoJo's statistics.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-08-04 10:53 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-08-04 8:54 PM

putting our much loved NHS heroes at risk ... Not nice

That was BoJo

Last I heard we were told not to even ring 111 if we get it - just go home and die so we aren't counted in BoJo's statistics.

Is that what Fishfaces NHS is telling you? 8-) ............

Archived