Brexit has cost

Barryd999

More than the cost of the entire international space station.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/brexit-has-now-cost-more-than-the-international-space-station/17/09/

A report from Bloomberg Economics estimates that Brexit has set Britain back to the tune of £130 billion and is likely to top £200 billion by the end of the year.

By comparison, the ISS cost £115 billion, putting the damaging impact of the exit into context.

Some of the predictions in this report are simply staggering.

And for what exactly? For Johnson to get to be PM and spaff money away to his buddies that got him there, for Brexit media moguls to avoid tax, for Johnsons rich hedge fund managers to make a quick billion as disaster capitalists?

What do the plebs that voted for it get? Poorer I would imagine.

Barryd999 - 2020-09-18 12:02 PM

And for what exactly? For Johnson to get to be PM and spaff money away to his buddies that got him there, for Brexit media moguls to avoid tax, for Johnsons rich hedge fund managers to make a quick billion as disaster capitalists?

They get to chant "wiv got our countree bak", wave little flags and tell folk with foreigny names or a dark skin to go back to their country.....even those born here. *-)

The cost doesn't surprise me at all and typically all you'll get from Brexiters is blame Remoaners, the EU, weather, leaves on the line etc etc.......any excuse to blame shift as none have ever shown one ounce of responsibility for their insane actions. Personally if i had my way i'd hand the entire bill over to them and take punitive measures to recover all costs from them.

Birdbrain - 2020-09-18 12:16 PM

Look in the mirror princess ... If you losers had accepted democracy it would have been done long ago and cheaper

Yeah right. It took them a year to invoke article 50 because they had no plan, the PM did a runner and nobody had a clue what they were doing. The reason it all took so long is Johnson and the Brexiteers made a load of false promise's about keeping all the benefits and getting a great deal as they need us more than we need them. Then when that turned out to be the nonsense most of us knew it was anyone with a brain cell wanted to rule out us leaving without a deal, something that Johnson himself claimed just before he got elected was a million to one chance.

There was nothing democratic about the Brexit vote or the way its gone since Johnson took over.

Barryd999 - 2020-09-18 12:55 PM

Look in the mirror princess ... If you losers had accepted democracy it would have been done long ago and cheaper

Yeah right. It took them a year to invoke article 50 because they had no plan, the PM did a runner and nobody had a clue what they were doing. The reason it all took so long is Johnson and the Brexiteers made a load of false promise's about keeping all the benefits and getting a great deal as they need us more than we need them. Then when that turned out to be the nonsense most of us knew it was anyone with a brain cell wanted to rule out us leaving without a deal, something that Johnson himself claimed just before he got elected was a million to one chance.

There was nothing democratic about the Brexit vote or the way its gone since Johnson took over.

.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I .... Chuckle

Birdbrain - 2020-09-18 2:25 PM

LOL! It wont be me doing the bawling when the sunlit uplands dont arrive, millions are out of work and all the funny foreigners are still here.

Im prepared for the Brexit Armageddon. Got my fall out shelter and everything.

Barryd999 - 2020-09-18 3:19 PM

LOL! It wont be me doing the bawling when the sunlit uplands dont arrive, millions are out of work and all the funny foreigners are still here.

"millions are out of work" what because of Brexit ??? ... Donut ... I thought you said all those "funny foreigners" had left the NHS and likes and gone home ??? ... Now you say "all the funny foreigners are still here" ... Make your mind up princess ... BFN BFN BFN ...

Birdbrain - 2020-09-18 4:53 PM

"millions are out of work" what because of Brexit ??? ... Donut ... I thought you said all those "funny foreigners" had left the NHS and likes and gone home ??? ... Now you say "all the funny foreigners are still here" ... Make your mind up princess ... BFN BFN BFN ...

Lots of the funny foreigners from the EU have buggered off, only to be replaced by brown ones. I dont really know how many job losses there will be but I do know a lot of people voted to leave because they were promised a lot of things that clearly are not going to come true and one of them was a better more prosperous future. I think they may well be disappointed. How do you think its looking right now with just three and a half months to go? Trade deal with the EU and the ones the Brexiteers were depending on, the USA looks more unlikely now than it ever did.

Barryd999 - 2020-09-18 5:06 PM

Lots of the funny foreigners from the EU have buggered off, only to be replaced by brown ones. I dont really know how many job losses there will be but I do know a lot of people voted to leave because they were promised a lot of things that clearly are not going to come true and one of them was a better more prosperous future. I think they may well be disappointed. How do you think its looking right now with just three and a half months to go? Trade deal with the EU and the ones the Brexiteers were depending on, the USA looks more unlikely now than it ever did.

Dont know if you have noticed or just choose to ignore but folk throughout time have voted for many things that didn't quite turn out as they were promised ... If Brexit proves to be 50% of what was promised then bingo ... We are getting a trade deal with the EU remember ... You told us months back "no deal is dead" ... Awkward

jumpstart - 2020-09-18 8:06 PM

We rebuilt German industry after WW2 .

Britain didn't. Don't forget this country was on it's knees too. The Marshall Plan was largely responsible for rebuilding Germany and yes, UK also benefitted from the same aid......except Britain got the largest share of other European countries including Germany.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconstruction_of_Germany

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshall_Plan

Birdbrain - 2020-09-18 7:02 PM

Dont know if you have noticed or just choose to ignore but folk throughout time have voted for many things that didn't quite turn out as they were promised ... If Brexit proves to be 50% of what was promised then bingo ... We are getting a trade deal with the EU remember ... You told us months back "no deal is dead" ... Awkward

50%? Bingo? Bingo Bojo? The thing is its probably irreversible now so if it turns out the be the crock of s**t I think it will be a lot of people are going to be extremely angry. Its not like an election where if promises are not met they can just vote them out in a few years.

In case you forgot, we left with a deal. A crap one but a deal all the same. Johnson is about to feck that up though and deliberately fail to get a trade deal and jeopardise our chances of a proper deal with either the USA or the EU.

Barryd999 - 2020-09-18 10:10 PM

50%? Bingo? Bingo Bojo? The thing is its probably irreversible now so if it turns out the be the crock of s**t I think it will be a lot of people are going to be extremely angry. Its not like an election where if promises are not met they can just vote them out in a few years.

In case you forgot, we left with a deal. A crap one but a deal all the same. Johnson is about to feck that up though and deliberately fail to get a trade deal and jeopardise our chances of a proper deal with either the USA or the EU.

For someone who said they weren't bothered about Brexit anymore you do seem very, very bothered by Brexit ... Listen its the same old drab tosh from ya which is very, very boring ... Mr No Deal and your Government insider guff cant really be taken seriously and as for a deal with the USA your the fella who said he'd "rather starve than do a deal" with POTUS Trump but now all of a sudden you want a "proper deal" ... Make your mind up

Bulletguy - 2020-09-18 8:37 PM

jumpstart - 2020-09-18 8:06 PM

We rebuilt German industry after WW2 .

Britain didn't. Don't forget this country was on it's knees too. The Marshall Plan was largely responsible for rebuilding Germany and yes, UK also benefitted from the same aid......except Britain got the largest share of other European countries including Germany.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconstruction_of_Germany

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshall_Plan

A British army officer Maj Ivan Hirst was put in charge of rebuilding VW . Look where they are now.

Birdbrain - 2020-09-19 6:50 AM

For someone who said they weren't bothered about Brexit anymore you do seem very, very bothered by Brexit ... Listen its the same old drab tosh from ya which is very, very boring ... Mr No Deal and your Government insider guff cant really be taken seriously and as for a deal with the USA your the fella who said he'd "rather starve than do a deal" with POTUS Trump but now all of a sudden you want a "proper deal" ... Make your mind up

If its so boring why are you responding? I dont particularly want a deal with the US (at least not the kind we were likely to get with Johnson and Trump) but its relevant as its what you Brexiteers were pinning your hopes on. Its relevant to discuss it all again now as a lot of things we predicted would happen are starting to come true and its all falling apart. I think that warrants discussion if for no other reason than for a bit of light hearted Chatterbollox "I told you so" gloating. (lol)

You must agree that Johnson is literally falling apart and the entire thing is in jeopardy. I seem to remember you were never that keen on Johnson. How do you feel now about him?

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-09-18 12:02 PM

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/brexit-has-now-cost-more-than-the-international-space-station/17/09/

A report from Bloomberg Economics estimates that Brexit has set Britain back to the tune of £130 billion and is likely to top £200 billion by the end of the year.

By comparison, the ISS cost £115 billion, putting the damaging impact of the exit into context.

Some of the predictions in this report are simply staggering.

Worth every penny >:-) ...........

pelmetman - 2020-09-19 8:51 AM

You might retain a shred of credibility if you admitted whats obvious

or at least that you have been misled because we are not getting what BoJo promised.

Your continuing to pretend Brexit is going well is fooling nobody.

It just makes you look even more absurd.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-09-19 9:04 AM

pelmetman - 2020-09-19 8:51 AM

You might retain a shred of credibility if you admitted whats obvious

or at least that you have been misled because we are not getting what BoJo promised.

Your continuing to pretend Brexit is going well is fooling nobody.

It just makes you look even more absurd.

Boris promised to get "Brexit Done" ;-) ..........

He did that on the 31st of January B-) ..........

Now we will see whether we Leave with a Deal or No Deal :D .........

Cant say I'm bothered either way, but I am slightly biased towards No Deal as I know how much it will P1ss You Losers Off.........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.23c43689f6ae79dc5ef7ec58bbe353c8.jpg

Even the right wing press can't support BoJo now

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/18/sinking-without-trace-rightwing-press-turns-on-boris-johnson-coronavirus

At this rate you will probably be the last one left -

apart from all his cronies to whom he has given our money or cushy jobs in places like the absurdly over-populated House of Lords

(How is Bojo getting on with reforming the House of Lords by the way *-) )

At least they have got something out of it

Wheras you have got nothing out of it.

You are one of us who will have pay for it

Which makes you even more of a mug

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-09-19 9:25 AM

pelmetman - 2020-09-19 9:09 AM

I know how much it will P1ss You Losers Off.........

When will you realise you are one of us Losers

If that's the case? ;-) ..........

Then I'm enjoying losing immensely.........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.73ee6af9c888321f75cd5dfd75951304.jpg

Barryd999 - 2020-09-19 8:02 AM

If its so boring why are you responding? I dont particularly want a deal with the US (at least not the kind we were likely to get with Johnson and Trump) but its relevant as its what you Brexiteers were pinning your hopes on. Its relevant to discuss it all again now as a lot of things we predicted would happen are starting to come true and its all falling apart. I think that warrants discussion if for no other reason than for a bit of light hearted Chatterbollox "I told you so" gloating. (lol)

You must agree that Johnson is literally falling apart and the entire thing is in jeopardy. I seem to remember you were never that keen on Johnson. How do you feel now about him?

What "entire thing is in jeopardy" ??? Und I feel the same about Boris as I always did ... How do you feel about EU leaders who are having similar Covid problems to us ???

Birdbrain - 2020-09-19 9:39 AM

Barryd999 - 2020-09-19 8:02 AM

What "entire thing is in jeopardy" ??? Und I feel the same about Boris as I always did ... How do you feel about EU leaders who are having similar Covid problems to us ???

Brexit is in jeopardy which translates into our economy and way of life is in jeopardy. It very much looks like Johnson has jeopardised a trade deal with the EU which we critically need in place by the end of this year and as a consequence also jeopardised the peace in NI and the much Brexiteer prized deal with the USA as a knock on from that. Now we are talking about two day 90 mile queues at our ports. Is that enough Jeopardy to be going on with? Oh I forgot. The Brexit Jeopardy looks like it will be going on right in the middle of a winter 2nd wave of Covid 19. Thats a lot of Jeopardy.

I dunno how the other leaders are doing, we have enough to contend with here with our moron in chief putting everything in Jeopardy. If I were you I would start being nice to me. ill see if I Can find some room for you in my Brexit Covid Armageddon fall out shelter in our whites only village. (lol)

Archived