Brexit on Sea voted worst holiday resort in UK

John52

Guest pelmetman
globebuster - 2020-07-18 9:33 AM

Sorry, I don't know where Brexit on Sea is....

Can't find it on a map, perhaps you can enlighten me?

Its where ever I am B-) ...........

Barryd999 - 2020-07-18 1:13 PM

Yep, the s**ttier the place and the poorer the people the more likely they voted for Brexit.

Yep, just shows how badly they were being let down over so many years - and were desperate for change, any change.

Presumably they decided things couldn't get worse.

Only time will tell if they were right.

:-(

malc d - 2020-07-18 1:33 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-07-18 1:13 PM

Yep, the s**ttier the place and the poorer the people the more likely they voted for Brexit.

Yep, just shows how badly they were being let down over so many years - and were desperate for change, any change.

Presumably they decided things couldn't get worse.

Only time will tell if they were right.

:-(

Skeggy is a safe Tory seat with a big margin held by them for years and the constituents keep returning them so they must enjoy living in a dump. Same as Jaywick, another dump hole with a Tory MP. Seems residents are into self flagellation.

Bulletguy - 2020-07-18 2:22 PM

Skegness.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-coast-insight/in-brexit-on-sea-the-left-behind-still-want-out-idUKKCN1RG0GL

This quote.

“Get us out of there and get us our own nation back. That’s what I say,” said Ovington. “(I’m) just fed up with all the money that they give to the EU when we can spend it here. I want out.”

Yet we now know from HMRC that the cost of just the border control and customs paperwork alone will be almost double what we paid to the EU each year.

I think its one reason remainers were so angry and refused to give up the fight. The sheer blatant lies were a disgrace to our democracy. The £350 million quid being a prime example of some mythical huge amount of money that most people couldn't even begin to comprehend that we would suddenly be flush with and would give to the NHS. Thats just for starters. Those wealthy Brexiteers that orchestrated it though, the ring leaders are beyond contempt IMO. They served these people ten years of austerity that lets face it probably swung the Brexit vote and then conned them into voting for something else that will ultimately make their lives even more sh1t.

I hold a great affection for Skegness. I was appalled that the view out to sea had been spoiled by the wind farms when I joined my siblings on a Northern Soul weekend at Butlins a few years ago. The people are lovely, the land/seascape less so. I don’t blame them for thinking that Brexit was a good idea. They have been sold a convenient lie that our membership of the EU is the basis of all their woes.

Skegness.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-coast-insight/in-brexit-on-sea-the-left-behind-still-want-out-idUKKCN1RG0GL

Good link - sadly we often have to look to foreign media like that to get a detached view.

Tory MP + Low educational standards = Vote for Brexit

because the Tories blame the EU for their own failings, and people who don't know better suck it up :-(

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-07-18 4:07 PM

Skegness.

Good link - sadly we often have to look to foreign media like that to get a detached view.

because the Tories blame the EU for their own failings, and people who don't know better suck it up :-(

So it takes brains to sh*t in a binbag? 8-) ............

(lol) (lol) (lol) ............

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2020-07-18 4:03 PM

I hold a great affection for Skegness. I was appalled that the view out to sea had been spoiled by the wind farms when I joined my siblings on a Northern Soul weekend at Butlins a few years ago. The people are lovely, the land/seascape less so. I don’t blame them for thinking that Brexit was a good idea. They have been sold a convenient lie that our membership of the EU is the basis of all their woes.

Skeggy problems are common amongst many seaside towns :-| .........

Many have been used as dumping grounds for druggies *-) .........

pelmetman - 2020-07-18 4:19 PM

Don’t recall seeing many druggies when I was last in Skegness Dave but I have to accept mine was a short visit. Who dumped them there in your view?

Because government intervention in the housing market has created a housing crisis, so those on benefits are moved to where property prices are lowest.

How is that the fault of the EU *-)

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2020-07-18 4:29 PM

Don’t recall seeing many druggies when I was last in Skegness Dave but I have to accept mine was a short visit. Who dumped them there in your view?

The cities with the biggest drug problems, which are usually run by Labour *-) ..........

pelmetman - 2020-07-18 4:32 PM

The cities with the biggest drug problems, which are usually run by Labour *-) ..........

As you may expect, I ask for evidence in support of that assertion. Happy to accept whatever you have to offer.

John52 - 2020-07-18 4:29 PM

Because government intervention in the housing market has created a housing crisis, so those on benefits are moved to where property prices are lowest.

How is that the fault of the EU *-)

Because the government and the media have been telling them it is for god knows how many years. The sun isnt shining. Blame the EU. Our football team are crap. That will be the EU again.

Barryd999 - 2020-07-18 3:50 PM

Skegness.

This quote.

“Get us out of there and get us our own nation back. That’s what I say,” said Ovington. “(I’m) just fed up with all the money that they give to the EU when we can spend it here. I want out.”

Yet they run off every year to spend in an EU country in preference to their own country, many spending months there (tho' they've stuffed themselves on that now) with some actually moving to live in an EU country.

Yet we now know from HMRC that the cost of just the border control and customs paperwork alone will be almost double what we paid to the EU each year.

I've yet to read a credible excuse from a Brexiter over this on any forums but their silence has been deafening.

Delaying lorries with just in time deliveries will cost us far more.

Especially when the EU is offering the factories incentives to move production over to them. :-S

Who would want to set up a business in England now :-S

Violet1956 - 2020-07-18 4:36 PM

As you may expect, I ask for evidence in support of that assertion. Happy to accept whatever you have to offer.

Pelmet thinks drugs have political boundaries and Tory seats are clean. Skeggy has had a Tory MP for years and most of Johnsons Cabinet have confessed to snorting coke or smoking pot.

Drugs are everywhere and in all walks of life, same as drink.

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2020-07-18 4:36 PM

"Councils in London have admitted to moving families needing accomodation outside of the capital due to to the cost and strain on rescources. Families are being moved to cheaper locations, and councils have said it would be impossible to meet their homelessness duties in London."

https://www.supportsolutions.co.uk

https://www.channel4.com/news/benefits-seaside-towns-dumping-grounds-poverty-jobless

Is that enough evidence for you Veronica? ;-) ............

You said "druggies" Dave. I'll have a look for evidence that Skegness has had druggies dumped on them by labour councils as you haven't found it. Skegness doesn't feature in the report in your link either but I accept reference is made to seaside towns in general.

pelmetman - 2020-07-18 4:15 PM

John52 - 2020-07-18 4:07 PM

Skegness.

So it takes brains to sh*t in a binbag? 8-) ............

(lol) (lol) (lol) ............

No, I'm as thick as mince :-D

But I have managed to work this one out

Lets see if you can.

BoJo (you call him Boris but I'm not on first name terms with the Prime Minister like you *-) )

Government spending per person is higher in Scotland (also Wales and Northern Ireland)

So BoJo is taxing money from you, and giving it to me :D

BoJo does this to bribe us not to vote for the nationalists.

So BoJo is maintaining HIS empire at YOUR expense.

So BoJo is taxing money from you, and giving it to me :D

So who is the 'Loser?

- Me *-) ?

or You :D

Archived